Status: Comment&Subscribe! Active!

"Hello," I Lied.

Chapter Thirtyfour.

Nate

Sitting in the bathtub, I try to concentrate on the dripping water from the faucet as the man talks into a cell phone. He had taken off his mask awhile ago, but the thing is, it shocked me to see someone I know. I had graduated with him where I used to live. Everyone always said he'd been in a gang, but I didn't really know him well enough to care.

Flailing the gun around in wide gestured movements, he replied to the phone angrily, "If you don't clear his name, our little princess isn't gonna walk out of here alive, got it?" Ignoring his wide grinned glare directed towards me, I slip my finger underneath the droplets of water, shivering at the cold draft from the barely open, yet covered window.

The man- or boy, really- must not like what he's hearing, because he hangs up the phone with a contorted face, spitting on the ground. "Who the hell do they think- Ahh.." He whispers, glancing back at my terrified expression. He can smell fear, I swear. "Don't worry, gringo, you'll be alright. Come here, now.." Sliding into the tub with me, he places the barrel of the gun against my jeans, sliding it up my thigh.

Freaked out, I try to slide away, but he presses down, sneering. "Don't you fucking move." Gulping, I nod, smashing my eyelids shut. His breathe travels down my neck, raising goosebumps. I decide now's the time to ask.

"Wha.." I clear my throat, trying again. "What do you want from us?" He laughs lightly, but I don't think he notices the sadness in his own voice.

"I have a friend whose in trouble. My dad..he found you months ago, you know. But he's softened since my sister was born. He decided to let your family be. My cousin, Johnny, he was framed three weeks ago. The police are sending him away for manslaughter, but it's all lies. This..well, you're his ticket out of here. It might mean the end for me, but Johnny means the world to me. Can't let him go down like that.." He fades off, a tear dripping down his face.

Suddenly, his features smash together, a look of anger on his face. "Don't you tell anyone I told you that, alright? I'll fucking kill you myself, no regrets."

He pauses, a more pleasant expressions donning his face. "I remember you, you know. You always sang those gay songs outside the cafeteria, with your acoustic guitar. I remember when you left, too, thanks to my dad. Tell me.."

Licking his lips, he leaned closer. "Do you miss your old friends? I could tell Rachel had a little crush on you..I fucked her two weeks after you left." Anger pulsing through my veins, I try to control my breathing as he leans over my chest, taking my earlobe between his teeth. Releasing a shudder, I slip my hand over his back, as if pulling him closer.

Grabbing the gun from his loosened grip, I push him back, trying to escape. He claws at me, pulling me back down. I crash on top of him as he struggles for the gun, gasping for air. Clenching my teeth, I pull my knee up into his family jewels. He grunts, paralyzed for a moment. Shoving myself up and away, I reach for the door handle when he slams me against the wall.

"Don't...fucking.." He hisses between his teeth as we fight for the gun. Fingers slip between my own, clenching at the trigger. A loud shot, muffled only by our clothing, echos around the ceramic tiling. His eyes widen in front of my own, screaming words that he won't ever say again.

Letting go of the gun, I slide to my knees as it clatters to the floor. The other man stumbles back, holding his hands over his stomach. He slowly falls to the ground in front of me, in a sitting position. Blood bubbles up from his throat as he coughs violently.

My voice sounds far away, "I don't even know your name." He stares at me, losing color in his light brown complexion.

"M-Max." Seconds later, his head droops onto his chest, blood spilling from in between his fingers. Staring too hard at his body, my eyes start to blur. Losing focus on reality, on the ringing of his cell phone in his pocket, the loud footsteps leading up the stairs, I softly repeat the name of the man whose life I've stolen.

"Max.." Succumbing to the darkness edging in between my conscience and my eyes, I lean my head against my own chest, in the similar manner of the dead man in the room, and pass out.
♠ ♠ ♠
OMGZ!!!!NOWAYZ!!111!!!!

hehe, comment?