Status: Comment&Subscribe! Active!

"Hello," I Lied.

Chapter Thirtyseven.

Jack

I can't sleep. I've been laying here, my arms wrapped around Nate like he's my security blanket, which I guess he kind of is. I can't believe that just happened. I mean, I've been mulling over it for a couple of hours now. The only word to describe it is awesome. I know I should be sleeping or something but I just can't sleep. I've tried, but as soon as my eyes start to close I think about my dad, and how easily Nate could be taken away. Death is such an ugly thing.

I sigh, rolling my neck before deciding to get up to check on the rest of the house. I grumble as I have to detangle myself from Nate's arms, trying not to wake him. I know he needs the sleep. I growl when my feet hit the cold wooden floor, making me realize that I'm still only in my boxers. I squint around the dark room before pulling on my jeans. Wrapping a spare blanket around my shoulders, I walk out of the guest bedroom.

"Hey," I whisper as I spot my mother, whose standing in the kitchen, a dazed look on her face. The coffee in her hands is probably cold. She looks up at me with a weak smile, and I see that she hadn't bothered to wipe off her smeared running make-up.

"Hey baby," she says, setting down her cup and motioning for me to come forward. Now normally I would cringe at her touch, wondering what had recently touched her, but obviously this is different. She pulls me into her arms, sighing into my hair. I let her say soothing words, knowing they're more for her than me.

"I didn't think he would actually die," I mumble as she sniffs; our family grew up thinking he was superman. He was the money maker and the protector. "He wasn't supposed to die!" I finally cry out, my voice breaking. She nods into my hair.

"It's okay, we will be fine.. We always are." After awhile, we finally break away. She makes another pot of coffee, since it was about four. We knew we wouldn't be getting any sleep. As we stood there in silence, my mind wanders to Ashleigh. I need to know if she ever told mom.

"Hey mom?" I ask, staring into the black liquid. She looks at me with a questioning glance "How is Ash?" She sighs heavily.

"She didn't handle it the best, so I had Dustin take her to her room to sleep." I instantly relaxed knowing she's not alone.

"I'm just going to tell you before it all goes downhill," I explain. "Ashleigh is, well.. she's pregnant." Mom gasps loudly, slapping her hand across the counter. She starts pacing, biting her nails.

"W-what? When!?" I try to calm her down a bit, but she avoids my touch, picking up another dish to rewash. I explain the situation before she sets down a pan, closing her eyes. "Okay, I need some time alone. To think about what I'm going to do. I have to talk to my boss." I nod, leaving the kitchen. I want to be with Nate, but I have a different idea.

Upon entering my bedroom I'm filled with the feeling of normalcy; of how it was before I met Nate and while my mother away. My dad and I pretty much hated each other and Ashleigh annoyed me, but we were calm about it. We liked it that way because that's how it was supposed to be. Yet it shattered in only a short amount of time. I flopped on my bed, inhaling my own scent. I guess it calms me down since I've been inhaling hospital for the past weeks.

I start listening to the sounds of the house, hushed whispering, creaks and groans. I try to move my head, but the grogginess is already overpowering the effects of the coffee and I finally black out on top of my bed in this now deranged house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, now THIS is the real chapter.
I think.
Yeah.

Thanks to Joshua Hayward
and SerenaMo0on

I love you guys :3

And I'm sorry we haven't been posting.
Expect regular updates from now on.

:D
Comment, babes.

And we're sorry it's so short and kind of boring. Usually it's action packed xD