Status: Comment&Subscribe! Active!

"Hello," I Lied.

Chapter Fourtyeight.

Nate

Feeling fragile, a few tears drip down my cheeks as I stared down Jack’s front door. I was shocked, to say the least, that he seemed so angry, but I was also confused- Why was Ricky angry? Didn’t Nate explain what happened to him? Doesn’t he know that what happened WASN’T my fault?

There’s something very weird going on, and I had to figure it out. First I had to corner Ricky without him practically bashing in my head with the whole verbal abuse thing. However, I knew that I couldn’t do it with Jack around- I still need to talk to him in private about it.

I just don’t want Ricky included in something so personal. So I had to wait until he leaves- that is, IF he’s leaving. I dragged my stuff around the side of the house before sitting down in a place where I could hear if someone opened the front door. It was the perfect hiding place as long as no one looked around the side.

As I sat alone in the grass, I thought about what needs to be done and what issues need to be tied up in my life. First, of course, was Jack. But that was a given. Thinking about people now, I remembered the last time I saw Ryan.

As awkward as it might be, I still love him- as a friend, of course. There’s so many things I want to tell him, and it sucks not knowing what’s going on in his life.

We used to be so close. Well, before I met Jack. He changed a lot of things in my life. But try as I might, I just can’t see myself letting go of either of them. Jack is special to me. Falling in love is an amazing, yet gut plunging experience, and I’ve never felt it before.

Is it too much to ask for just a normal relationship? So far, the only intimate time we’ve really had together was that blow job- and that hardly counts. I don’t know what got into me- besides Jack’s dick- but I was feeling so out of touch with life, I just wanted to feel something. I wanted Jack to feel something other than the pain he was trying to block out.

None of that mattered now. I just wanted to hold Jack- I haven’t seen him in forever, and this whole situation with Cassie maybe being pregnant sucks. I’m not ready to be a goddamned father.

I could definitely take this to court and have her abort the baby or something, but I’m not that heartless. I wished they could have just asked. I might have even considered it.

Now I’m stuck with nowhere to go, either. I was supposed to be moving in with Jack and getting my life together. You know, a steady home with a loving boyfriend and roommate(s?), find a job, visit Ryan, work on getting gigs at a local bar or something. I don’t know, just move on with my life. I’m tried of all this bullshit drama.

Sighing, I close my eyes and imagine Jack. Jack- naked, sweat dripping from his body. His tongue, warm against my- Suddenly a loud bang interrupts my daydreams. I peer around the corner of the house and peer sadly at Jack’s hunched over figure walking quickly away from the house. I wait until he’s out of sight before leaving my stuff to walk to the steps.

I knock until Ricky opens the door. An angry expression appears as he starts to close the door. “Wait!” I yelp, pushing it open. He pushes my chest as I walk inside, and I growl at him, slamming the door shut. “What the hell did you tell Jack?” I ask in a quiet, yet intimidating voice.

Ricky steps forward. “Get the fuck out of here, Nate. You may have been my friend before Jack, but I can’t believe you would do something so..so..stupid!” He yells. I frown.

“What? What do you believe I did that was so wrong?” I ask, my voice raising slightly.

“Oh, don’t even start. Your brother told me about the girl. I mean, really? Cheating? I thought you were so completely against tha-”

“Okay, first of all, I did NOT cheat on Jack. Second of all, Kyle did NOT tell you I cheated on Jack. Weren’t you even listening, man?”

Ricky raises his eyebrows. “You got some girl pregnant, Nate.”

“She fucking drugged me, along with her girlfriend! Yeah, she’s lesbian, Rick! And I’m GAY. They were trying to have a child, but obviously ASKING me never crossed their minds when they slipped roofies in my drink! So just shut the fuck up! I would NEVER cheat, you asshole!” I practically scream. He looks down, confused.

“I..really? I’m sorry, man. I..I was pretty..” He mumbles something quietly.

“What? You were...” I ask, pushing him to finish what he was telling me.

“I was high, alright? But listen, I’m never like that- my friend gave me a joint before I left England, and I was saving it. I didn’t know what was going on! I overreacted and blurted to Jack that you..uh..well..cheated on him.”

I huff, feeling even more pissed. Ricky tries to apologize again, “Look, man, I’m sorry. I didn’t..I didn’t know. Listen, when Jack comes back, we’ll just explain! See, fixed!” I sneer at him.

“But what if he doesn’t listen? Ever think he’ll just kick me out or something?”

“He wouldn’t, Nate. You know that. We’ll make him listen to us- I mean, he’s gonna at least hear what I have to say, right?” I sigh, feeling out of place.

“I guess so. Where’d he go?” Ricky shrugs.

After we put my bags in the hallway, we both sit in front of the tv, waiting impatiently for Jack to get home, but by the time it’s one in the morning, we figure he won’t be back.

“Ricky, I’m worried. What if he did something stupid?” I ask, trying to hold back from freaking out altogether. He assures me that Jack’s probably fine before telling me to sleep on the couch.

There were only two beds, because Ashleigh took hers with her, and I wasn’t sleeping with Ricky. And I did not want Jack coming home and finding me not only in the house after he told me to leave, but in his own bed.

I fell asleep in an awkward position, so when I woke up the next morning, my neck screamed in agony. I groaned, rubbing it as I stood up. Ricky’s in the kitchen making eggs and toast, so I sit down, yawning.

“Where IS he?” I ask, feeling helpless. I don’t know where he is, he doesn’t have a cell phone, and he doesn’t care that I want to see him. Ricky piles eggs onto two plates and sets them down just as the front door opens. We hurry into the living room, where Jamie and Jack are standing, talking to each other.

Jack turns, his eyes going wide with surprise before anger reaches them. “What the fu-”

“Jack, just listen to what he has to say.” Ricky interrupts him. “He has something to tell you.” Jack turns to me, eyes wide with disbelief.

“Well?” He asks. I clear my throat.

“Alone?” He sighs, walking past me into the other room. I follow him, closing the door to the bedroom. “Listen, Jack, I didn’t cheat on you! I promise.”

“Well, then what happened? Because Kyle told Ricky that you got someone PREGNANT.” I wince.

“Yeah, but-”

“What the fuck? Seriously? It’s true? But you said..” A look of hurt passes his face. “I thought..”

“No, I didn’t cheat on you. Just listen.” So he does, and I ramble for several minutes before he wraps me in a hug.

“So you didn’t? Oh..” He whispers, pulling me against him tighter. A tear escapes as I realize I almost lost him. I step away, pulling his face close to mine.

“Jack, I would never cheat on you. I love you.” He smiles, his eyes glistening with unshed tears.

“I love you, too. So much..” I kiss him then, feeling a spark of warmth in my belly. His fingers lift to my hair, grabbing a few tufts as he deepens the kiss. We stand there for a few minutes, kissing, before we let go, a nervous laugh of relief coming over us.

But I forgot something. “Jack, I never really asked, but I need to. Will you be my boyfriend?” He laughs hitting me lightly on the side of the head.

“You idiot.” He says, pulling me in for another kiss. I turn my head slightly, avoiding his precious lips.

“So that’s a yes?” I ask. “Because you knooooooooow, if you’re not my boyfriend, I can’t do this-” I shove him onto the bed before jumping on, straddling his waist. He tries to sit up, smiling like mad, but I push him down with my hand on his chest. “Or this,” I whisper, bending over to lick his jaw. “Or this.” I lean into him, kissing him with everything I have.

We pull away, both of us breathing slightly heavy like the fat lusty kids we are. He looks up at my for a moment before pulling my head down, almost meeting his.

“Yes, yes, yes.” He sighs, kissing me again.
♠ ♠ ♠
WOO! I told you we'd post more! Now I just have to bug Hannah to get the next chapter written.

You guys should comment, because you totally love us and want the next chapter,
rigggggggght?