Status: Comment&Subscribe! Active!

"Hello," I Lied.

Chapter Five.

Jack

Fuck, that was embarrassing. I kind of stand there for a second, happy that he isn't mad, after I had just accused him of freaking out at me. So I do the only thing I can think of: Throw money around.

"Well, can I make it up to you somehow or something?" I ask, my voice showing how unsure I am of him. I mean, sure. I think he's was cute, but that's how I judge everyone, and recently that hasn't worked out so well. "How about I pay for your things," I ask, just as I realize I might of sound like a jerk.

"I-I mean not like you can't I was just...I'm just trying to apologize and well yeah." I sputter, giving up and shrugging.

"It's okay I get it." he reassures me with a laugh. This guy confuses me. I had just tried to call him a stupid homophobe and he's joking around with me. "That would be nice, my car broke down and I needed to get gas, but now that you mention it. I am kinda hungry." He finishes and winks, making me blush. Gosh I need to learn how to control my face.

"Hey can we go now?" Ashleigh whines, coming up to us once again as glare at her.

"Yeah just let me pay for his stuff." I announce, causing her to stare at me. So after he picked out some food and I payed for both of us, we walk out and I realize there's no other cars in the parking lot.

"Wheres your car?" I ask, before I remember his car had broke down. "You need a ride? Or would that be too strange?" I ask, and in the back of my mind I hope he would
take the ride.

"Umm It's really up to you." He whispers, looking nervous. Shit, I probably sound weird. I smile and lead him to my car.

"Don't worry I'm not THAT much of a creeper," I tell him, hoping for a reassuring tone. "But it's not me I'm worried about." I growl, jabbing my thumb towards Ashleigh who had attached herself next to him, flirting, quiet horribly might I add. He laughs, which was a good sound to hea-Stop it mind, let's not do that.

"Hey so what's your cell number?" Ashleigh asks, letting her arms hook around Nate's. He looks uncomfortable.

"How about Nate sits in front?" I look at him, and he smiles before getting into the car, leaving Ashleigh there to stick out her tongue and flip me off. I roll my eyes and crouch into the car, slamming the door shut. The silence makes me uncomfortable, so I turn my attention to Ashleigh as I back out.

"Can you text our father and let him know that we stopped and will be home soon?" Yeah I'm sorta responsible. After a short drive consisting of Ashleigh trying to get Nate's number and us finding out he doesn't own one-which confused Ashleigh greatly, spoiled brat- we arrive at our destination.

I'm surprised to see a cop car next to his old blue one. Great, just what I need. Fucking pigs. Pulling up to the side the cop looks at us, and I can feel the nervousness from Nate next to me. "Umm Sir may we help you?" I ask, putting on my best smile. I'm good with cops for many reasons, one, because of my father. Another, I've been told I'm very charismatic.

I hear a car door opening, meaning Ash and Nate are now getting out to stand next to me. "Do you know whose car this is?" he asks, spitting. How disgusting. Yet I smile and point towards Nate.

"It's my good friend's here, It ran out of gas and he called us to pick him up." I hold up my hand, flashing my teeth. "My name is Jack Hellwig, I'm so sorry if we caused any problems and I will gladly help to fix them." He looks at me, realizing who I am, and takes my hand warily, knowing what I could do.

"Oh no,no,no," he says hurriedly as he shakes my hand. Perfect. "I was just wondering who it belonged to." He nods and we talk a bit before he leaves us there on the side of the road.

I turn towards Nate "Sorry about that," I tell him, biting my lips again, becoming embarrassed once more. "But I have pow- well... at least we got your car back?" I change track. I dont' want to scare him off. He looks at me as if unsure if he should trust me. Shit.

"Umm, yeah thanks." he whispers, his smile small.

"Hey..I just," I sighed "Well since all this happened do you wanna..uhm... you know?" I ask and he looks at me confused. I look down, cursing at myself.

"Wanna hang out sometime? Is what this idiot wants to know." Came the blunt 'help' from
Ashleigh, that awesome evil bitch. I don't know whether to be happy or embarrassed from her save but I look up at him with a sheepish smile.

He looks at us and laughs, making me sigh of relief. "Sure, as long as you don't get me arrested." he says, joking around, and I smile, proceeding to write my number on his arm. Stupid? Why yes, I know I am, but at the time it's all we have.