Drip.

The Young Boy Learns Their Rules.

Drip.

Yep. It’s still there. Britnay had shuffled herself backwards into a corner and every now and again I could hear her sniffling or muttering incoherent things to herself. I rolled my eyes and tried to simply shrug off the guilt.

Drip.

I was hungry. So hungry. I could eat a horse. No. Maybe a cow. I don’t imagine horses being tasty.

Drip.

Slam!

A door close by opened and banged shut. I could hear heavy footsteps and other feet shuffling an scuffing the floor. A struggle. The Southern accent guy had another victim.

A door was flung open and I shielded my burning eyes from the bright lights being beamed at us. What sounded like a heavy body was flung and hit the floor in front of me. I squeaked.

“Leah!?” A weak voice seemed to yell.

“Jack?” I asked not amused. My boy-. My exboyfriend had been dumb enough to get thrown in here. A little bit of joy spread through me, but it quickly dissolved when the door slammed shut again and there was only a concentrated beam of light shinning in my face. Flashlight.

“You two…”The flashlight turned to Jack, “are new.” The Southern accent said turning the light between us once more for emphasis.

“No shit?” I asked sarcastically. I was elbowed in the side but was also blind so had no clue who it’d been.

“Haha funny. I got myself a comedian.” The man drawled. “The rules to this game are, one, to live, and, two, to kill.” What?

Drip.

“So… basically we’re your entertainment.” I said it slowly. I was furious.

“Yeah.” The man said easily, the smile in his voice evident. I scowled.

“Great.”

He ignored me. “Two new players guys. Who’s next?” Then he started laughing menacingly. I shielded my eyes as he turned off his little light and opened the door again, leaving us.

“What did he mean, ‘who’s next’?” I asked cautiously.

“Who are we killing next,” Britnay said far too unconcerned. “That’s what he means. He’s watching.”

“Creepy.”

Drip.

“I take it he’ll never fix that damn dripping.” I practically yelled. Maybe if he heard me he’d fix it?

“Yeah… I doubt it.” Ari muttered cynically.

“How many of you are there?” Jack muttered. He sounded like he wasn’t really there in mind. Then again, he always sounded slightly high.

“There’s Britnay…” I started.

“Or B.” She cut in.

“There’s Zayden.”

“Z!” Z yelled slightly flustered. Zayden does sound a little girly…

“There’s Arielle.”

“Ari, if you would.” Ari said from beside me.

“And that’s it.”

“Okay.” Jack stood. “Who’s killing who and with what?”

“He didn’t give us anything this time.” Z mused. I’m going to throw up. How can they talk like it’s a normal, everyday thing to have to kill someone for someone else’s amusement? How could they think about killing someone in general?

“Wow. So blasé.” Ari murmured. She sounded as sick as I felt.

“Do you even know what that means?” Britnay sneered.

“Yep. Sure. Blasé: blah-say: Uninterested because of frequent exposure or indulgence; unconcerned; nonchalant.” Ari rattled off.
“Woah. Human dictionary much?!” I muttered.

“Yeah.” Ari murmured shyly. I imagined a young girl with blonde pigtails, looking at her feet and wringing her hands.

Drip.

“You know he’ll feed us as soon as we kill someone, right?” Britnay stated more than asked loudly, it wasn’t a very subtle hint.

“Who are gonna kill, huh? You?” I shot back.

“Of course not! I was thinking we should kill you. You’re the one that’s complaining!”

I scoffed. “Honey, I think you’re a bit confused.”

“Oh really?”

“Honestly, you two.” Z muttered. He was the man standing between two bulls, red flag sticking out of pocket. He really shouldn’t get into it.

“He’s right, you know.” Ari added, either sensing my thoughts or feeling the need to throw in her two cents.

“What about newbie?” Z suggested quietly. Maybe he was hoping Jack couldn’t hear him.

“I have a name.” Jack growled. I love how that’s all he’s worrying about. The fact that Z was inferring that we kill him couldn’t have bothered him as much as Z simply not knowing his name did.

“Yeah, yeah.” Z shrugged it off.

Suddenly the pounding that had been in the back of my head since I’d woken up here made itself present in my forehead. I cradled my head in my two cold hands. Freezing fingers pressing to my warm eye lids and temples.

“Now, how do we plan on killing him?” Z asked leaning towards Ari and I.

“We don’t.” I mumbled.

“You don’t want to kill the dick who got you thrown in here?!” Z asked incredulously.

“It’s her fault I’m in here!” Jack protested.

“Oh really?” Z countered. Why was he sticking up for me again? Ari sighed from beside me.

“Yeah! We were searching for her! I split off from the rest of the search party.” He slowed. “And this guy came out of nowhere and he said he knew where you were… aw shit.”

“What?” Ari asked, forever confused.

“I shouldn’t have done that.” Jack mumbled.

“No shit.” I muttered.

“I don’t think his was as pathetic as yours.” Britnay stated. I glared through the darkness to where her voice came from. I wanted to slap her.

“Do I need to slap you again?” Z asked exasperated.

“Noo..” Ari complained.

“Nah, I’d rather do it for myself.” I spoke over all their ramblings.

“It works.” Z muttered before grabbing my arm and pulling me towards Britnay’s little corner. I smirked before realizing that this wouldn’t help anything.

And more than anything I wanted out of here. “I was kidding.” I lied. My fingers itched though. I wanted so badly to just punch her. Why couldn’t it be her to die? “Just kidding.” I mumbled lower. Just to myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Word Count = 985

I like my little titles. They're from three amazing songs by one awesome (and old) band. Can you guess them? (*holds out cookie tauntingly*)

In other news... I'm just waiting until I can get to the later chapters. They're the ones I really, really like. I almost stopped writing this after chapter ten or so. Then I realized what I could do with it. So I kept going. I'm now trying to write chapter nineteen on paper. Not working so well... chapter nineteen and twenty-one are probably gonna be VERY dead. Just a warning.

Tell me what you think? I less than three constructive criticism.
I also less than three readers. Thanks.