Drip.

The Bitter Man He Is.

Third Person

The man sat in his control room of sorts. He stared at the first of the two screens. It was focused on the new girl, Arielle, Zayden, and the new guy. He kind of hoped they killed the guy before he killed them. He was big. He was boring. The man wanted him gone.

On the second screen he had on Britnay, who he knew would always be the one to stir things up. Ruffle all of the others’ feathers. She was curled into a ball holding her head.

Their lips moved on the infrared film, but the man could hear nothing of what they were saying. He turned up the volume.

“You don’t want to kill the dick that got you thrown in here?!”

“Oh, getting a little territorial are we Zayden?” The man said chuckling.

“It’s her fault that I’m in here!” New guy yelled.

“Oh just go away already, you.” The man scowled. The new guy had been such a trouble for him to get. He’d thought it would make things all the better for him to watch, but it turns out that the boy was a rather dull character. What a waste.

The two boys exchanged more words before Britnay peeked her head up. Even with the bad quality of his cameras he could see the sparkle in her eyes.

“I don’t think his was as pathetic as yours.” She said. The man smirked and tried to hold back from laughing.

“Atta girl Britnay!” He exclaimed. Finally something’s going to happen.

“Do I need to slap you again?”

“That was uncalled for Zayden.” The man murmured remembering the looks on all their faces. Especially Britnay’s.

Arielle stopped him though and the Leah, the new girl, said she’d do it instead.

“Oh. Leah can stand on her own two feet.” The man paused thinking with his chin between his fingers. “I might like you, kid.” He murmured before jumping due to the loud dinging of a near by microwave. “Popcorn!”

The man stood, having a hard time tearing his gaze from the second screen where Zayden was slowly leading Leah towards Britnay. Quickly the man pressed the microwave’s door to open and grabbed the popcorn, careful not to burn his fingers on the butter oozing from the slightly opened top, and poured the puffed out bag into a large bowl. He flung himself back into the chair. He couldn’t miss a thing.

“I was just kidding.”

“What?” The man said humorlessly. All that rushing for the girl to back out? “Maybe I won’t like you so much.” He muttered, but watched carefully. He saw the look in her eyes. It stood out more than Britnay’s sparkle had. Slowly he started to grin. “She’s got the Jack…” He sang softly to himself before spinning his chair around quickly and throwing two fists into the air. A kind of ‘victory dance’. This is going to be so much fun.
♠ ♠ ♠
Word Count = 490

This is really really short. Sorry 'bout that.
Big thank you to the four of you that have commented! You guys rock!

I have a friend who reads these as I write them out on paper... she says she's tired of reading 'the man'. Do you not like that either? If not I need help with names. What do you name a crazy guy who kidnaps people for entertainment??
In my head he looks a bit like Jensen Ackles. Not sure if you know who that is, but yeah. I explain that later. I should have put it in earlier, but I didn't. I'll get there! lol

Tell me what you think! And no one's guessed the band or songs... I think I've only used two of the three. *makes face*

My Author's Note is longer than the chapter itself. *face-palm* Fail.
I'll try to type out chapter five quickly.