Status: R.I.P. Jimmy Sullivan. FoREVer in our hearts<33

Break Apart My Heart

Chapter 10

As I entered the terminal, I immediately spotted Dad and Brian. I cocked my head in amusement as they looked right past me. Figuring they’d stand there for hours, I made my way over to them. Dad turned, staring intently on me for a few seconds before cracking a smile.

“I love the shirt.” He smirked, hugging me.

“Thanks.” I hugged back, looking down at my Motley Crue shirt. Dad was always a fan.

“No love for your favorite brother?” Brian pouted.

I chuckled, and jumped into his arms.

He got a lot taller. He was at least 6 feet tall, and grew his black hair out. He had his nose pierced, similar to mine but on the opposite side. He also had a few more tattoos then last time I saw him.

“You miss me?” I asked.

“Like hell.” He spun me around once and placed me back on the ground.

“When did you get that?” I asked, touching his nose.

“2 months ago. When did you get yours?” He asked.

“2 months ago.” I smirked.

“Great minds think alike, huh?” We laughed.

“Your mother let you get that?” Dad asked, slight smile playing on his lips.

I shook my head. “No, I just came home with it one day.”

His smile faded. “I didn't figure she'd change.” He sighed. “Well, I like it.”

I smiled “Thanks Dad. When are we getting yours done?”

He laughed. “Never.”

We grabbed my luggage from the baggage claim and made our way to the car. The ride home was filled with different questions, of which I was happy to answer. I liked that they accepted me, as opposed to mom who tried to change me. It didn't take long to get back to the house. It was weird being here after so much time, but it felt nice. I also felt a little anxious wondering what everyone was like now.

”Are you still friends with the guys?” I asked.

“Yea, except Justin.” Brian frowned slightly.

“What happened?” I asked.

“He sort of went a little psycho. Zack’s been playing bass for us.” He stated.

“You’re still in a band?” I smiled. They used to be good.

He nodded. “Same kind of music but better quality. Do you still listen to metal?”

I nodded my head vigorously, giving myself a headache. I rubbed my head and protruded my lower lip as Brian and Dad started laughing at me.

“You’ll never change.” Brian commented.

So far he seems pretty cool, maybe he even smokes. I know he drinks, because he gave me my first beer, so hopefully he'll bring me to a few parties.

We dragged all my stuff into my old room, which I figured would still be painted the soft pink mom painted it. I was wrong. The dark pink carpeting was now black, with bright green walls and a queen sized bed, dressed in black and Jade bedding.. My mouth fell open.

“Do you like it?” My dad questioned. “I remember your favorite color was green, I hope it still is.” He smiled.

I nodded. “It's beautiful.” I hugged him. “Thanks, Dad.”

He smiled. “I can't take all the credit. Your brother and Matt did all the work within the last few weeks after your mother called me.”

I looked to Brian and he nodded. I tackled him to the floor and kissed his cheek.

”Have I mentioned lately you're the greatest big brother a girl could ask for?”

”Nope. But I never mind hearing it.” He smirked, pushing me off him. “I'll let you get settled.”

“Honey I hope you don't mind, but I have to fly back out to Vegas tonight to finish up the last few shows. I should only be gone 2 weeks, but I came back last night to get you.”

“It's okay Dad.” I smiled. “It's your job, I understand.”

A few hours later, he was gone, and I was still setting up my room. I had unpacked my cloths into the closet and dressers, set up my jewelry box with all my stuff into it and hung up a few of my posters. It was starting to feel more like home.

I took a shower, put some mousse into my hair, and actually brushed it out for once. It was just as curly as always, but tamed and pretty. I haven't seen it like this in a long time. I put on a pair of tight blue jeans, my friendship necklace and Bella's Pantera shirt. I borrowed it one night and just never gave it back. I don't think she minds, she has a ton of my cloths. I shoved my cigarettes and a lighter into my pockets, put on my vans and wondered downstairs.

“Hey, kid, where you off to?” Brian asked, flipping through channels.

“I wanted to go see Amy.” I smiled.

He smirked. “Sure you don't just wanna see Matt?”

I rolled my eyes. “No, I wanna see Amy. How did you know I used to like him?”

He chuckled. “You weren't exactly discrete about it.”

”Well, I'm not 10 anymore. Besides, isn't he still dating Valary?”

“Yup.” He nodded. “Like, 6 years now. I'm telling you, that guys gonna wake up one day and realized he should of dated more.”

“And you're dating?” I raised an eyebrow.

“That is not a conversation we need to be having.”

I rolled my eyes. “Okay.”

”When did you start smoking?” He pointed to the Newport's sticking out of my pocket.

I shrugged. “About 6 years ago.”

”When you were 11?” He asked.

I nodded. “Damn, I didn't start until I was your age.” He smirked.

“You smoke?” I asked.

He nodded, and held up his hand to show me the `Marlboro' tattoo he had across his knuckles.

“Got an extra for your brother?” He smiled

I laughed, chucked the cigarette at him and began my walk to the Sanders house.

I wonder if she'll recognize me. I mean, I definitely don't look 17, almost 18, and I definitely don't look like I did when I was 10.

I knocked on the door, waiting a few seconds.

“Yes?” Kim answered.

I smiled. “Kim!” I cheered.

“Nikki! It's so good to see you.” She smiled, hugging me.

“How'd you know it was me?” I asked.

“Well, you definitely don't look the same, but your father told me you were coming home today. I figured you'd be over sooner or later.” She replied.

I nodded. “Are Matt and Amy home?” I asked.

She nodded. “In their rooms. They knew you were coming home sometime this week, but I wanted you to surprise them.” She chuckled.

“Yea, my dad said the same thing. To tell you the truth, I didn't even know I was coming here until a few days ago.” I admitted.

She raised her eyebrows. “Really?”

I nodded. “Mom didn't tell me until the last minute, I guess.”

“That's a shame. Well, don't be a stranger, come in.” She ushered.

“Thanks Kim!” I replied, running up the stairs.

I came to Amy's door, and stopped outside. Her door had pictures of her and her friends all over it, and a hand made sign with her name. I knocked a few times and heard mumbles from the other side.

“What?” She asked, opening the door. She furrowed her eyebrows. “My brother's room is down the hall.”

I laughed. “Fucking bitch, I can't believe you don't remember your best friend.”

Her mouth dropped. “NIKKI!” She screamed, lunging at me. I fell to the ground, her on top of me. “I missed you so fucking much!”

I laughed. “I know! I missed you to!” I hugged her, and she helped me up.

We sat on her bed, just talking about life. We talked once a week after I moved, but they were never really in depth conversations, just general shit. I almost forgot how pretty she was. Long brown hair, thin, hazel eyes and cheekbones a model would die for.

”So when did you grow those?” She asked, motioning towards my chest.

I shrugged. “I don't remember. They just kind of showed up.” We laughed.

“What size are you?”

“32 D; There not as great as people make them out to be, trust me. They kill my back.” I complained.

She rolled her eyes. “Please, I wish I had some extra up here.” She grabbed her chest. “I barely fit into a 32 A.”

“Wanna switch?” I cocked an eyebrow.

“You say the word.” She smiled. “So come out with it, I know its coming.”

I scrunched my nose. “What's coming?” I asked.

“Just ask me about him already so we can get it out of the way.”

“Who?” I already knew, I just wanted to play dumb.

“Don't play dumb.”

5 years and she still knows me like the back of her hand.

I sighed. “You know this is a soar subject for me, Ames.”

“Yea, but come on, don’t lie. I know you miss him.” She smirked.

“Fine!” I yelled. “How’s Matt?”

She giggled. “I knew it. Why don't you go ask him yourself?” She smiled, pushing me towards the door.

“But!”

”Nope, go say hi.” She closed her door in my face.

“Thanks a lot Amy!” I yelled.

I sighed, walking towards Matt's room. I felt the butterflies arise in my stomach as I reached my fist up to the door. I hesitated a moment before knocking.

“Yea?” Came a deep voice.

I opened the door, revealing a dark blue room with band posters taped to the walls. Cloths were scattered about the floor, and a very buff, tattooed, shirtless Matt was lying on his bed talking on the phone.

He looked at me with an eyebrow raised.
“Hold up a minute.” He said to someone on the phone. “Amy's room is down the hall.”

I rolled my eyes.like brother like sister.

“Aw, Matty, you don't remember me either?” I smiled.

His eyes grew wide, and he looked me up and down.

“Dude, let me call you back.” He hung up the phone.

I walked in, closing the door. I turned back around and was greeted with a buff pair of arms being wrapped around my waist.

“I missed you, Colie.” He kissed the top of my head.

I giggled. “I missed you too, Matty.”

We walked over to his bed, and I leaned against the wall, legs draped over his.

“Why’d you stop calling?” He asked, still looking me over.

“You stopped calling me.” I shrugged.

“I tried calling you, but you’re grandma kept telling me you didn’t wanna talk to me.” He frowned. That fucking bitch!

I felt my anger start to boil and I clenched my fists at my sides. “I wanted to talk to you, Matty. My grandmother is … well, she’s a fucking bitch is what she is.” I sighed, annoyed.

He frowned, and the room fell silent.

“When did you get the tattoos?” I asked after a few moments, breaking the tension.

“Over the last few years.” He smirked. “When did you get the nose ring?”

“2 months ago.”

He chuckled. “Same time Brian got his.”

I nodded. Another awkward silence fell over the room.

”So tell me something.” He moved to sit next to me, wrapping his arm around me.

“Yes?” I made myself comfortable and leaned against his chest. His muscles have gotten a lot bigger in the last few years.

“Why'd Suzie kick you out?”

I sighed. “I uh, developed some bad habits.”

He smirked and raised an eyebrow. “Like?”

”Smoking, for one.”

”Weed or cigarettes?” He asked.

“Both.” I smiled.

“Okay, what else?”

“Drinking, fighting and coming home at 4 in the morning.” I shrugged.

He shook his head. “What happened to the sweet little girl I used to know?”

I chuckled. “She grew up, Matty.”

~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~

Matt's P.O.V.

“Man, I'm telling you if we get a bassist, Brian can play lead guitar, and I can play rhythm. The whole set up would be different; it would sound fuller and shit.” Zack explained.

“Yea but whose gonna play bass for us?” I asked.

“I don't know, man. We could hold like, tryouts or something.” He suggested.

“Yea, I guess we could.”

I heard a knock at my door.

“Yea?” I called out.

“What?” Zack asked.

“Not you dumb ass, someone's at my door.” I chuckled.

The door opened, and to my surprise, a beautiful girl stood in my doorway. Am I dreaming or something? When the hell does this ever happen? She was petite, but with all the right curves. She had long, curly black hair, and my eyes immediately drifted to her chest. In that moment, all I could think about was ripping her cloths off and fucking her until she couldn’t walk; she must be one of Amy’s friends.

“Hold up a minute.” I said to Zack. “Amy's room is down the hall.” But if you want, after words you’re more than welcome to come back in here and play.

The girl rolled her eyes at me. “Aw Matty, you don't remember me either?” She asked, swaying onto one side, placing her hand on her hip.

Colie?

“Dude, let me call you back.” I told Zack, hanging up on him mid-sentence.

She turned around to close the door, and I immediately jumped to my feet and wrapped my arms around her, kissing the top of her head. She smelt like vanilla and … cigarettes? Regardless, I couldn’t think of anything else but pressing her up against this wall and doing bad, bad things to her. I could just picture those lips wrapped around my …

“I missed you too, Matty.” Her voice broke my chain of thought, and we made our way to the bed.

We talked for a while, and I couldn't believe my eyes. She looked completely different from the innocent little girl I grew up with. Her green eyes held more depth, like she had seen much more than someone of her age should. Physically, she had definitely matured, and her once frizzy black hair was now perfect black ringlets. She had her nose and ears pierced, and probably some hidden tattoos somewhere. She turned into the epitome of a bad ass; just my type. I couldn't stop staring at her. I had to mentally scold myself for the thoughts still going through my head.

“Why'd Suzie kick you out?” I asked.

She let out a cute sigh. “I uh, developed some bad habits.”

Bad habits, huh?“Like?” I asked.

”Smoking, for one.”

”Weed or cigarettes?”

“Both.” She smirked.

Oh yea, she's definitely a little bad ass.

“Okay, what else?” I asked.

“Drinking, fighting and coming home at 4 in the morning.”
She sounds like me.

“What happened to the sweet little girl I used to know?”

I shook my head and stared down at her. I took notice to how perfectly she fit in my arms.

She giggled. “She grew up, Matty.”

Oh, she's definitely grown all right. I think she and I will be having lots of fun.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment=<333 :]

R.I.P. Jimmy