Status: R.I.P. Jimmy Sullivan. FoREVer in our hearts<33

Break Apart My Heart

Chapter 16

“Isn’t it true I walked in on you and Zack kissing last week?” Matt snapped.

Oh fuck…

What?!” Brian screamed. I cringed.
“Bri, it’s not what you think!” I stood quickly, blocking him from Zack.
“Then what is it, Nicollette?” He was seething. Everyone else in the room slowly disappeared, giving us our privacy.
“Yes, we were kissing, but we didn’t sleep together!” I defended.
“They would have!” Valary interjected. “If Matt hadn’t stopped them, right Matty?”

Matt cringed slightly, I’m not sure why, but he didn’t answer. Instead he stayed quiet as Brian went off on a rampage. He and Valary were the only ones besides me, Brian, Zack and Bella who stayed in the room. Even Andy went into the kitchen with everyone.

“How could you?” he yelled. “You’re my best fucking friend, dude, and she’s my little sister.”
“Brian!” I screamed. “You-”
“Nikki, it’s okay.” Zack pushed me aside. “Bri, I’m not gonna lie to you. I like her, a lot, and I would never do anything stupid. I am you’re best friend, and that’s why you should trust me.”
Brian seemed to calm down a little bit. “How long has this been going on?”
“Only about a week.” I answered quietly.
“Bri, I promise you I’d never hurt her.”
Brian frowned slightly before he sighed. “Okay, but I’m telling you now Baker, if you do anything to hurt her, I’ll break every bone in you’re body.” He threatened.
Zack smiled. “I know you will, dude.”

They did their man hug thing and sat back down. Valary had other plans.

“That’s it? Brian, you’re sister’s acting like a little whore. You need to do something.” She screeched, crossing her arms over her chest.
“Excuse me?” Bella snapped; she was seeing red.
“This doesn’t concern you.” Val snapped. “Bri, look at what she’s wearing. You can see her bra perfectly! She even dresses like a whore! No doubt she’s taking after the slut sitting next to her.” She sent a glare towards Bella.

This is not going to end well.

“This does concern me, when you’re calling my little sister a slut. Who the fuck do you think you are, coming into her house and disrespecting her? You wanna talk about a slut? Look in the fucking mirror, bitch, and talk to yourself. You’re the only person I know who’d wanna talk to you, anyway.” She stated, her words dripping with venom. Brian smiled at her choice of words.

“Plenty of people like to talk to me. But in her case,” Valary nodded towards me. “I see people are shoving their tongues down her throat just to get her to shut up.”
“You fucking bitch, say one more word and I’ll rip you’re fucking throat out.” I could tell Bella was trying to control herself. If not for me, out of respect for this not being her house.
“Word.” Valary smirked.

Bella jumped up from her seat, flinging herself over the coffee table. Everyone watched in horror as she dragged Valary onto the floor by her hair, pinning her to the ground. Now, Bella wasn’t a girl who just slapped people, so I wasn’t surprised when her arm cocked back and went flying down full force into Valary’s nose. Valary screamed out in pain, flailing her arms wildly about, trying to get a hold on Bella. Luckily she had her hair up.

I jumped over, seeing as no one was doing anything to stop them, and grabbed Bella’s arm, pulling her back words. She fell onto her ass and glared at me. I turned around to help her up but was pulled down to the floor by my own hair.

I got out of Valary’s hold and pinned her arms to the ground.
“Bad move, bitch.”
“Slut!” She screamed, trying to get out of my hold.

I re-positioned myself quickly so my knees were holding down her arms and proceeded to knock some sense into her. If she thought Bella was bad, she had no idea what she had gotten herself into. Bella was a crazy bitch, I’ll give her that, but she didn’t fight unless provoked. I, on the other hand, had a lot to prove when I was younger. Anyone who started with me got their ass beat, and Bella knew it. She smirked as she watched me bash Valary’s face in.

I felt two sets of arms struggling to get me off of her. I’m a tiny girl, but I learned how to make myself dead weight while on top of someone in a fight. It gave them less of a chance to push you off of them. The two finally got me up and dragged me away. I expected it to be Brian and Zack, but when I was being dragged away, I saw Brian standing firmly in place with a small smile on his face.

“Let me go, I’m fine.” I stated.

Zack and Matt’s arms dropped from me and I took a seat on the bar stool in the kitchen. Everyone stared at me with waiting eyes.

“What?” I snapped, still pretty angry.
Beli smiled. “We were watching from in here.”
“She’s usually not such a bitch.” Jimmy defended. I glared at him.
“Whose side are you on, here?”
“Hey! Don’t turn this on me.” He pouted. “I’m just saying, she’s usually pretty nice.”
Matt nodded. “I don’t know why she’s acting like this.”
“You guys are fucking blind.” Beli chuckled.
“What?” Zack asked.
“Nothing.” Beli smirked. “Good job, girl!”
I smiled.
Matthew!” Valary screamed from the living room.
Matt sighed loudly and exited the kitchen. We all followed.

Valary’s face was beaten and bruised. Well, at least she’ll learn not to talk shit anymore.
“Take me home, now.” She stomped her foot, crossing her arms over her chest.
“Val-”
Now!” She screamed, stomping out of the door.
Matt sighed. “I’ll see you guy’s in a little bit.”
“We should probably get going, too.” Jimmy stated.
Beli frowned, but shrugged in agreement.

Jimmy gave me a long hug. “Don’t let her get to you, she’ll come around eventually.”
“Okay.” I mumbled.
“Call me tomorrow? We can go out for coffee or something.” Beli smiled.
I smiled back. “Definitely.”

I watched as all three walked out of the door. Everyone lived relatively close, so they left their cars parked outside and walked home.

“That … was fucking amazing.” Zack smiled, hugging me.
“Where the hell did you learn to fight like that?” Brian asked.
I shrugged.
“She was a little bad ass growing up.” Andy smiled proudly.
“Is that so?” Zack smirked.
“I remember this one time, some guy Bella had been dating cheated on her and Nikki over here found out.” Andy smirked.
Bella rolled her eyes. “I wasn’t gonna do anything about it, because I’d only been dating the guy like a week, but Baby doll saw him one day and broke his nose.”

Brian and Zack gaped at me.
“What?” I smiled innocently.

We all sat back down, and continued to joke around and laugh for another hour or so. Around 2 A.M. Zack went home, and a few minutes later the door opened and closed.

“Hello?” Brian called out.
“It’s just me, dude.” Matt stated, walking into the living room.
“What are you doing here?” Brian asked.
“I just wanted to say sorry about Val. I don’t know what’s gotten into her.” He ran a hand through his short brown locks.
“It’s okay, dude. I don’t blame you for her going crazy.” Bri smirked. “You’re always aloud here, but she’s not. I don’t want her here anymore.”
“I understand. She was way out of line, but there’s no talking to her when she’s like this.” He sighed.
“Where’s the little bitch now?” Bella asked.
Matt shot her a look. “Home; I walked her over there. Could I spend the night?”
“Sure dude, what’s up?” Brian asked.
“I have a feeling she’ll be headed over to my place when she calms down, and I don’t really want to see her tonight.”
Brian nodded his head in understanding.
“Well, I’m headed to bed.” I stated, standing up and stretching.
“Same here.” Bella stood up.
“Yea.” Andy mumbled, far more drunk than either of us. He had been the designated driver, so as soon as we got back he started drinking as much as possible.

We ran up the stairs to my room and laid on my bed.
“You know we have guest rooms, right?” I smirked.
“Yea, but then I don’t have my favorite body pillow!” Andy whined. I was on the side of the bed closest to the door, with Andy’s leg and arm draped over me.
“Plus, we haven’t seen you in weeks!” Bella added.
“It’s been a week and a half.” I countered.
“Want us to leave?” Andy pouted.
“Nope.” I smiled, kissing his cheek.

The both of them were out cold within a few minutes, but I couldn’t bring myself to fall asleep; I had too many things running through my mind. Carefully, I extracted myself from Andy’s embrace and stood up, slipping on my slippers. I walked past Brian’s room and heard his loud snoring, letting me know the boys were already asleep. Well, so much for having someone to talk to for a while. I continued down the staircase, making my way to the kitchen for some water. I nearly jumped out of my skin when I saw someone standing there.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you.” Matt smiled weakly.
“S’okay. You couldn’t sleep, either?” I asked, grabbing a water bottle out of the fridge.
He stood silent for a moment, just staring at me.
“What? Do I have something on my face?” I smirked.
He snapped out of his thoughts. “Oh, uh, no.”
I took a seat on the bar stool. “What’s on you’re mind?”
“Today.” He answered.
“I’m sorry about everything. I guess drama just follows me, or something.” I frowned, sipping my water.
“Nothing about today was you’re fault. I’m just sorry you’re birthday turned out so bad.”
“Well, technically it’s not my birthday until Monday, so it’s not ruined yet.” I smiled.
He chuckled, taking the seat next to me. “I guess that’s true.”

We sat in silence for a few minutes before he spoke.
“I keep getting this feeling, there’s more to you’re story that you’re not telling me.”
I nodded. “There is.”
He sighed. “Colie, you used to tell me everything. We were best friends, why can’t you just open up a little?”
“Matt, I told you about Ben. That was a big step for me.”
“I know, and trust me, it was a lot to take in. I know you’ve … grown up, but it’s hard for me to except it.”
“Why did you out me to Brian?” I asked suddenly. I couldn’t keep it in anymore.
He ran a hand down his face. “I’m really sorry about that. I saw Bella sort of ask you permission for the dare, and you nodded. It got me mad.”
I smiled softly. “I guess you picked up on some of our sign language.”
“Just some.” He smiled. “It just … It bothers me, seeing you with him.”
“Why?” I asked.
“I’m really not sure.” He answered.
“Okay, tell you what. If I can ask you one question, you can ask me one question. Deal?”
“Deal.” He smiled, and we shook on it.
“You go first.” I encouraged.
“Where to choose from.” He smirked. “Okay, where did you learn to dance like that?”
I sighed. “You’re not gonna like the answer.”
He rested his chin on his knuckles. “I probably won’t, but I’d like you to tell me anyway.”
“Okay.” Here goes nothing …
“As you know, my mother never worked a day in her life. Well, that didn’t change when we moved in with my grandparents. She refused to work, and my grandparents were broke. The heat never worked, the house was falling apart, and there was never food in the place. I worked in a lot of different places, all off the books because I wasn’t old enough. They paid me shit, but I realized that they paid everyone else shit as well. I graduated when I was 16, and that’s when I realized I needed a better paying job if I was going to support myself. God knows my mother never did.” I paused, waiting for his reaction.

He nodded, telling me to go on.

“Well, on my 16th birthday, I found a job at The Banger Club. They were looking for dancers, and I was looking for money. They offered me a lot, so I took the job.”
“They hired you to strip at 16?” He raised an eyebrow. I saw him clench his fists.
I shook my head. “I wasn’t a stripper, I was an exotic dancer. I never took my cloths off, I just danced around in lingerie.” He seemed to ease up a bit at my answer. “I got the job because I was being paid off the books, like most of my other jobs, so he didn’t need my social. I flashed him my fake ID and he hired me.” I left out the part about flashing my chest; Matt didn’t need to know that.
“So that’s where you learned to dance, huh?” The corners of his mouth turned up. “I’m glad you didn’t get naked.”
“I could have, but I made basically the same amount doing what I did. I was also a waitress there.” He nodded.
“So, you had a question for me?” He asked.
I nodded. “Why did you kiss me that night?”
He seemed a little taken back by my question. He took a deep breath and exhaled.
“I’m not sure.”
“Stop lying.” I ordered. “I can see through bullshit a mile away.”
He hung his head, knowing he was caught.
“I’m not supposed to have these feelings for you, you know …” He mumbled, but I heard him loud and clear.
“Why’s that?”
“You’re Brian’s little sister. Hell, you’re practically my little sister. And now you’re ‘dating’ Zack.” He sighed. Not once did he mention he was also in a relationship.
“Matt…” I placed my hand on his shoulder; he immediately tensed up. “I’m not ‘dating’ Zack. We’re just talking.”
“Same difference.” He mumbled.
I sighed. “Well, I don’t know what to tell you, Matt.” I stood up and began walking out of the kitchen, when I was shoved roughly against the wall.
“Matt, what the f-”

I was cut off by his lips pressing firmly against mine. I wanted to push him off, and tell him to stop, but my mind was foggy. I parted my lips, allowing his tongue entrance, and his tangled with mine. He picked me up by my butt, pressing himself against me like he had the last time. I ran my fingers through his hair, gripping lightly and tugging at the back of it. He moaned into my mouth, and pressed himself harder into me. His mouth moved from my lips to my neck, and he began nipping at my collar bone.

And again, just like the last time, he abruptly stopped and put me back down. He stepped away from me, wide eyed, and backed himself up against the counter.

I rolled my eyes. “Matt, not this crap again.”
“I-I-I’m sorry, Colie, but, Bri, and Val. I, I just, I can’t.” He stuttered. His eyes filled with sorrow, and he took a few steps back towards me. He lifted my chin, and kissed me once more.
“Goodnight.” He frowned, and made his way upstairs.

As soon as he was out of site, I sunk to the floor and sighed loudly. The man had a power to make me go weak in the knees by his touch alone. He admitted to having feelings for me, but pulls away anytime something starts to happen. He really was the most confusing man I’d ever met in my life.

I looked down at myself, only then realizing that I was only wearing a bra and short shorts. I giggled to myself, grabbed my water and made my way back upstairs to go to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! Two updates in one night, or morning rather. Hope you all like this, and I might not update for a few more days. I have work from tonight until tuesday, and I'm working some extra hours, so bear with me :]

Nikki's outfit is the same from the last chapter, just without the white shirt.

COMMENT&&SUBSCRIBE<333