Status: R.I.P. Jimmy Sullivan. FoREVer in our hearts<33

Break Apart My Heart

Chapter Seventeen

I woke up the next morning to a pain in my side. I opened my eyes slowly, letting them adjust to the light, before finding the source of my ailment; Andy. His elbow was poking me in the ribs.

“Anders, wake up.” My voice was hoarse from sleep.
“Mphh.” He groaned.

I sighed, and pushed him off of me. Getting up, I glanced at the clock and noticed it was only near 10 A.M. No wonder they were still asleep; Bella and Andy are practically nocturnal. I usually would be as well, but the curtains in my room don’t filter out the light as well as my old ones did. I decided against crawling back into bed and took a shower, enjoying the scolding water. I stepped out, the cold air hitting me, and sat at my vanity mirror. It wouldn’t bother me if the other two woke up, nudity didn’t matter much to any of us.

I brushed through my hair, letting it dry naturally. If I were to blow dry it, it’d just be more of a frizzy mess than usual. I threw on a set of Belle Sauvage printed leggings, a white shirt with a printed skull, a set of boots and my favorite black Fedora. My makeup was simple; eyeliner, brownish goldish eyes shadow and mascara. I finished up with a heart pendant necklace, butterfly earrings and some bracelets before I was content. I grabbed my cigarettes and phone, stuffing them into the small pocket on the side of my shirt, and made my way down the staircase.

“Morning.” I smiled, sitting down next to Brian. “What are you doing up?”
“Matt snores.” He grumbled, shoveling some eggs into his mouth. “Shouldn’t you be the one cooking breakfast now?”
I scoffed. “Do you want this place burned down? Shit, I can’t cook.”
“Well then, it’s time to learn.” He smiled, taking the Fedora off my head and placing it on his own.
“Why you gotta take my stuff for?” I asked in a slow, ridiculous accent.
“Why you gotta always look like me?” He mimicked.
“Why are you two fucking retarded?” Matt mumbled, grabbing the hat off Brian’s head and placing it onto mine.
“Thanks Matty!” I smiled. “Hey Bri, can I borrow you’re car?”
“Hell no!” He laughed.
“Come on, I have my license!” I pleaded.
“Nope.” He shoved more eggs into his mouth.
“Please? I’m supposed to meet Beli for coffee in…” I looked at the clock; 11:32. “A half hour! Please, Bri?” I begged.
“No way! That car is my baby.”
“Holy shit, just take mine.” Matt grabbed his head and tossed me his keys.
“Hangover?” I smirked.

He nodded.
“Well, thanks!” I smiled, kissing his and Brian’s cheeks. “I’m off.”

With that, I ran out the front door and into Matt’s car. He had, apparently, driven it here before the club last night. I got half way to the coffee shop before I realized I didn’t have my license on me; oh well.

“Hey!” Beli smiled as I walked in.
“Hey, sorry I’m late. Bri wouldn’t let me take his car, so I argued with him until Matt gave me his.” She gave me a strange look and chuckled.
“It’s okay, I just got here a few minutes ago.”
“Okay spill; what did you mean yesterday?” I asked, getting right to the point.
She sipped her coffee. “What do you mean?”
“Don’t play dumb with me, missy.” I gave her a pointed look. “When we were talking about Valary yesterday you mentioned how blind everyone was.”
“Oh, right! Anyone with eyes can tell she’s jealous of you.” She smirked. “There’s no denying you and Matt have some kind of crazy chemistry. So, why you’re with Zack, I have no idea.”
I rolled my eyes. “For the millionth time, I’m not with Zack! We’re just talking.”
“Sure.” She nodded. “It’s okay, before Jimmy I couldn’t make up my mind about two guys, either.”
“So what’d you do?” I asked.
“I just told you, I got with Jimmy, duh.” She flicked my nose. “Oh look!” She pointed frantically behind me.

I turned my head to the window and saw nothing. Turning back, she had my cookie in her mouth.

“You bitch!” I giggled.
She stuck her tongue out at me as my phone vibrated. I pulled it out, read the text from Zack and giggled.

“What happened?” Beli asked, her mouth still half full of cookie.
“Zack text me and said something about bringing him some weed.” I left out a few choice words.
She smirked. “Hot drug sex?”
“Uhg! No.” I denied, but I couldn’t help the smile forming on my lips.
“I’ve known you for a day and I can already tell when you’re lying.”
I opened my mouth to say something, but my text tone interrupted.

I opened my phone and read the text from Matt, just as Bella was calling me.
“Hold on one second.”
Beli nodded, and sipped her coffee.

“Hey babe.” I answered.
“Nikki what the hell do you think you’re doing?” She asked.
“Uh, sitting in a coffee shop enjoying a cookie? Wait, scratch that, this bitch ate my cookie.” Beli giggled as I playfully glared at her.
“Baby doll, Ben is still somewhere in Huntington, in case you forgot.”
I sighed. “No, I didn’t forget, but it’s daytime.” I didn’t want to say too much in case Beli caught on.
“Oh yea, I forgot, drug dealing murderers are allergic to sunlight.” I knew she was rolling her eyes. “Baby doll get the fuck back here.”
“Don’t worry, I’m headed home in a few. I’ll see you soon, love you bye.” I hung up quickly and skimmed the message from Matt, who basically told me the same as Bella.

“What was that about?” Beli asked.
“Nothing, really. Bella’s just being over-protective.” I smiled, and my phone went off again.
“Popular today, huh?” She smiled.
“I guess. I’m sorry to cut this short though, but Bella and Matt want me home.”
“Matt, huh? What happened to Zack?” She smiled.
“I need to go home and get some first.” I stated, immediately regretting it.
“Get some?” A shit eating grin appeared across her gorgeous features.
“Shut up, you know what I meant. Anyway, I’ve gotta run. Why don’t you and Jim come over tomorrow for my actual birthday? I think we’re barbequing.” I smiled.
“September Barbeques; you’ve gotta love California.” She smiled.

We said our goodbyes and I hopped in Matt’s car, driving the few minutes to my house. I walked inside and ran up the stairs to get a couple bags for me and Zack. I opened the door and nearly had a heart attack.

“Matt!” I screamed, clutching my chest. “Why are you in here?”
“You never text me back.” He shrugged.
“Sorry, I was out with Beli.”
“You shouldn’t be out like that, you know. What if that creep saw you?”
I rolled my eyes. “Relax, Matt. What was he gonna do? Shoot me in broad daylight?”
“You never know!”

I sighed loudly. I could feel his eyes bore into my head as I reached into my night stand and grab the bag filled with my favorite leafy green substance.

“What are you doing?” He asked.
“What does it look like?” I asked, tossing the bag into my purse.
“It looks like you’re giving me my keys back, because you’re not driving with that in my car.” He stated.
“Fine, I’ll walk.” I smiled, tossing his keys onto my bed next to him.
“Where are you going?”
“What is this? 21 questions?” I scoffed.
“Colie, what the fuck is you’re problem?” He grabbed my arm, effectively stopping me from leaving.
“Would you let me go? I don’t have a problem.” I lied.

Truth be told, I had a big problem. The more I thought about last night, the angrier I got. He kissed me, and he’s the one with the girlfriend. So why do I feel so bad when he obviously doesn’t? He’s the one who should feel horrible about what he’s done.

I hate to admit it, but I’m falling in love with him. Hell, I think I’ve always been in love with him. He said he couldn’t do this, whatever this is, but why would he kiss me then? The entire situation’s confusing, and hurting me, and he just wants to pretend like everything’s okay; like he cares. In my opinion, the best way to stop all this before it goes any further, is to just get him to hate me; problem solved.

“If you don’t have a problem, why are you being such a bitch?” He yelled.
Oh no he didn’t.
“I’m being a bitch? Matthew, you’re stalking me out, waiting in my bedroom for me to get home then demanding to know my every move. I think I have every right to be a little bitchy.” I snapped, jerking my arm from his grasp and stomping down the stairs.

“Baby doll, where are you going?” Bella called out.
“To Zack’s, I’ll be back in an hour.” I called back, continuing my walk out the door.

All I had to do was be mean to Matt, so he would stop talking to me. Then I could get over him and move on with Zack. Good plan? Ithink hope so …
♠ ♠ ♠
Nikki's outfit.

Everyone! I'm sooo sorry for the long wait for this chapter, and if any of you are still reading this, thank you! I've actually had this chapter written up for a week now, but I didnt like it. I still don't, but unfortunatley I've been having a really hard time at work lately and it's stunted my creativity :/ I was actually supposed to be working today but I called out. Yesterday was so horrible that I couldnt even do it today.

Anyway, thank you to all the lovely people who waited very patiently for this chapter!! Please comment, they make me feel better, and I need it today.

COMMENT&&SUBSCRIBE<333