The Humanoid Diaries: Aerieus

Entry Five

Dear Diary,

Still, I continued my undertaking, and soon Humanoids were created. They were extraordinary beings. They appeared to be humans. They lived…and worked liked humans. They were knowledgeable but…the best thing is…they were programmed to worship me. To obey me. They were close to perfection, but there were a few glitches that I had to work out…for instances, my humanoids did not live long, they would die quickly…and another major problem…was that they were unable to demonstrate emotions. I had created humanity, but I could not make them feel. This bothered me. This would destroy everything if I could not get them to have emotions. This would prove “The Book” right…that only the Light can create life! I would not settle for that.

So…out of anger, I created a Law banning any display of emotions in the world. If my humanoids couldn’t feel, neither would the humans. That way, I would not appear to be a failure in my creation, and I would still have all the power in the world. As expected, everyone obeyed, except for a few, and they lost their lives. Young and Old…Death, my ally, would take them all away, and provide me with more donors…of flesh for my humanoids.

Many didn’t know…but I secretly cried in my room at night. I knew…inside, that I might have been unjust in my methods. But I had to be this way. I had to rule this world, and do what was necessary. I know that I’ve destroyed the lives of millions….but they didn’t understand! They couldn’t…I was doomed for this…every since the beginning…I was groomed to be this way…my parents…they encouraged this. They grew thirsty for riches…for ambition…for the fame…the fame of having a little monster rule the world…I could see it in their eyes…They told me…

”Aerieus, there is no time for weakness, you have to rule with an iron fist.”

I believed them.


Sincerly,
Aerieus.