Status: Finnished! It's all done...but if your reading this...Thank you anyways.

Rebel Yell

Marci's POV

I looked at my reflection, I had a purple dress on and I had piled my hair up into curls on top of my head. To be honest I looked like someone from Dynasty and not Miami vice but it was too late for a wardrobe change, I’d have to get moving to the hidden party.

I was quite shocked that Tre had lied to my face when I had asked him about his plans for the night but I figured that like Debbie he also didn’t want the ‘tension’ to erupt between me and Billie tonight.

It was cold out tonight and I dashed across the empty car park where the buses were staying. Through the cellar doors, I could hear the music beats of some foreign punk music bounce around the damp underground and as I walked further through the semi-lit corridor I could see the outline of light through two doors. I pushed open one door and the music and heat hit my heavily makeup face before I crept slowly in.

So far I was blended with the drunken bodies that danced around me and I scanned the area to see all my ‘colleges’ dancing away with cans and bottles in their hands. I walked to the bar to pick up a drink to blend myself even more within the crowds when I spotted Billie Joe. I knew he was going to be here so it wasn’t a big shock for me but he looked brilliant tonight. He was wearing a pair of old jeans that clung to his legs with sweat and a top that was once baggy, glued to his chest. I closed my mouth shut when somebody bumped into me,

“Sorry, I- whoa” a stunned looking roadie stood gaping at me as he patted down the wet patch from where his drink had spilled on his shirt. The look on his face sent a shrill sense of bitchiness down my back. “Marci what are you doing here?” he shook his head, placing his cup down next to him and sighing.

“I got invited, what are you doing here?” I asked with a tangency to play this game all night,

“Well, I, err, well I got invited like you. I have to go” he looked at me curious for a hidden agenda and I smiled as he picked up his drink again and wondered back off.

Got to be cool, that wasn’t cool that was horrific, you scared that poor person. Just look at what you are doing, this isn’t you. You hate getting drunk, you hate parties, you hate going out on work nights, and you’d rather stay in with a book. I wittered on to myself in my head even though I knew I wasn’t budging out of here tonight till everyone else did.

I grabbed a drink from the bar and wondered around the room getting increasingly concerned looks from my colleges who smiled and nodded at me surprised to see me here.

“MAR-CI” somebody screamed my name; I turned around to get a face
full of Mike and his sweaty body. He had no top on and as he hugged me, his body seem to give up on him and he slumped on me for support.

“Hey Mike” I patted him on the back and people turned to stare at us both before going back to their mingling and exciting conversations.

“I’m so” gulp “I’m so” his hand grabbed my shoulder as he steadied himself upright “glad you came tonight, I was going to ask you” he broke away from his sentence again and laughed at Billie Joe who had begun to now break-dance on the floor. “He is a fucking hilarious dude. Do you know where Tre is? He left an-” He burst out laughing again as a roadie began to help push Billie around on his back.

“You look like you are having fun Mike” I tried to make polite conversation with him but he stared at me dumbfounded as he tried to look at me straight.

“What? Marci have I ever told you-” he grabbed hold of my shoulder and Tre bounded up knocking it out of the way.

“MARCI, MARCI, MARCI” he sang and slammed into me knocking me slightly, “I’m so glad you came, even though we live with you” he kissed my cheek and I helped him up like I helped Mike.

“Nice to see you too, Tre” he bobbed on his feet and turned to see Mike swerving back to the bar.

“Does Billie know you are here? You should go see him, he’d love to see you” he winked and wondered off to chase Mike. I was left alone again, well left alone to stare at Billie Joe as he tried to do a headstand in the middle of the room. He looked really, really- wait I know this song.

The hard beats from a bass guitar died away and the chime of Boston’s ‘more than a feeling’ soon flooded the room. I love this song; I used to dance to it when I used to go out with Debbie during my studying days at college.

I began swaying and soon people followed my dancing and surprisingly I actually was enjoying myself. I began to do more dancing along to it, singing along like I was the lead singer of Boston.

“MORE THAN A FEEL-ING” I shouted and people cheered along with me, i was actually starting to have a really brilliant good time.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not going to lie- I hated this chapter, in fact I have lost the passion for this story in a way....but don't panick (if you were doing-why?-haha) because I won't abandon it at this early stage! I have a load more chapters to post BUT I think it's due to the fact my mibba access has been restricted that I've lost that loving feeling for this story.
Thank you again to all my readers/subscribers/commenters........
Also- have a free moment? well go and read ....Dangling Grenades From Puppet Strings - I promise you that you won't regret it.