Status: Finnished! It's all done...but if your reading this...Thank you anyways.

Rebel Yell

Billie's POV

Billie’s POV

Maybe I shouldn’t have said anything to Tre but I did and now I feel like a complete tool in front of her. She shrugged it off pretty quickly to which I’m grateful for but after Tre’s little outburst back in the diner the situation hung over our heads like a cloud.

“You aren’t still over thinking about bloody Rhodes again, are you?” Mike said as he walked over to me with his bass in his hand. We were at our five o’clock sound check in Georgia and although we had finished I was sat on one of our amps strumming along mindlessly whilst thinking about Marci.

“No” I lied “I was actually considering going for a cigarette” and also seeing if Marci is in the court yard organising Woodstock. We got requested to go play there and without a hesitation we decided to do it once we got into New York.

“Do you remember Sophie Hargreaves?” he asked, placing his bass up against the wall and sitting down in front of me. “You fancied her loads when we were freshmen” I rolled my eyes at Mike, I knew what point he was getting too. “And since then I have never seen your mind so occupied by a girl” he stretched out his legs and a loud bang could be heard from the drum kits. I didn’t even bother to turn my head around, I knew what it was. “Tre what the hell are you doing?” Mike asked and I turned around to see my friend pop his head out behind his drum kit.

“Modifications” he smiled and I couldn’t help but chuckle at his mischief as he held up a screw driver. I used to be like that, when the fuck did I become so grown up? I groaned and put my head in my hands.

“Bring those beers over here, Tre” Mike asked, as Tre pulled away from his modifications and I smiled again. Tre quickly leapt over to us and sat down to my right handing me and Mike a beer before opening a can of his own. I loved my friends so much.
I opened the can and drank a little of the beer as Mike thought back to his last point. “So what I was saying was, I have never seen you so girl preoccupied since Sophie Hargreaves, until now” I looked at him before Tre to see them both giving me a serious face.

“I’m not going into this” I looked at him and Mike rolled his eyes.

“I think you should bloody say something to her before it’s too late. I know you are crazy about her for some reason and really I can’t say anything bad about her. She seems perfect for you, unlike Cheri, the fucking bitch” Mike patted my leg and an image of her face came into my mind as Mike stirred over my ex- girlfriend which he hadn’t gotten on with one bit.

“She is perfect” I said aloud before quickly closing my mouth shut. I looked sheepishly at Tre who was looking at Mike cheerful. I had really gotten myself in it this time.
“Is she?” Tre asked, taking a swig from his can of beer and eyeing me up suspiciously, I smiled and rubbed my forehead again.

“I’m just, it’s just, what I’m trying to say is-” I tried to say something, anything but nothing would come out.

“I’ve been looking for you three everywhere, I’ve got the plans done for Woodstock” Marci’s voice broke the tension in the room and I turned my head slightly to see her grinning at the side of the stage.

“Marci, we were just talking about you” Tre sang and I could see Marci’s face go red again but she carried on smiling.

“Wouldn’t be the first time would it” and I burped out loud as she walked over towards us. “How can you three drink after yesterdays fanatics” she rolled her eyes and walked over towards me.

“Because we are men” Tre stood up and showed his muscles before nudging me in my arm. Ouch, he has a strong punch. I could feel the sudden pressure on the left side of my arm as Marci sat down next to me on the amp. I gulped at her closeness and I looked to Mike who had begun to give me a cunning look.

“So Woodstock, you’ve got two days in New York, so on the first day in New York, which is in three days time you’ll play there. Then you’ve got the next day to play a gig in New York, New York and somehow I’ve gotten you a three day break before we travel to Connecticut” she bowed her head and Mike hooted loudly.

“Three freaking days off, you are official the best boss I have ever had” Mike stood up to fetch his bass from the wall. I looked to her and smiled toothily as Tre stood up to follow Mike out to where the dinner was being served but stopped next to Marci abruptly.

“I must say Marci, I can understand why you are perfect now” Tre patted Marci on her head as he quickly walked over to his drum kit. She turned her head around to look at me quizzical for an answer and I shrugged my shoulders, “don’t act like you don’t know Billie Joe-just tell her” my face dropped as her face became even more quizzical to our inside conversation. I turned to give Tre an evil stare but as I turned my head towards him, I caught the side of Marci’s face with my cheek. She pulled away and looked at me with her beautiful blue eyes. Maybe I would have never pulled away from staring at her but when I heard Tre wolf whistle behind me I shot away. Right that is it; I stood up and dashed after Tre who fled at my sudden reaction.

In a way I was grateful of Tre’s awkward statement and actions because although they are awkward at the time, they still give me a sly way of telling Marci how I actually feel.
I never caught Tre whilst running after him, he was far too quick at getting away but I ended up running out to where the dinner was being served and settled myself on finding food before the show.

I never saw Marci until later that night, it was once all our equipment had been piled into the tour buses after yet another great show that I finally caught her smiling face. But I was thankful of the time I had away from her. I had thought it through in my head, all the possible downsides to what I was going to do and yet at every possible slippery fall, there was always a plus. Mike had advised me to do it after Woodstock even though I would be nervous but he said I would be so high on adrenaline that it was my best possible time.
Another thought however triggered in my mind, five days in New York was a prime time for Marci to visit her parents, the parents in which she had kindly invited me to meet. She had made time for me to meet her parents and therefore must feel the same way about me. Right?

So that sealed it then, I was going to tell Marci how much I liked her after Woodstock....hopefully.
♠ ♠ ♠
oh dear God, where do i start to appoligise for the lack of updates! Seriously I have been epically busy and rushed off my feet for the past months.
But after meeting Mr Armstrong yesterday and talking about my writing, he advised me to "keep on writing",
He was freaking awesome.....freaking beautiful and so i dedicate this chapter to the man of the chapter- Billie!
But please please please forgive me a thousand times over!
Hannah, xxx

ALSO, the next two chapters get fun....seriously, i watched Green Day's entire Woodstock perfromance and did a full on two chapters on it! I kinda interpreted some of what they 'might' have said....so stay tuned...