Status: Active

The Love in You

2

I watched Janelle as she twirled around in the mirror in her short dress covered in sequins. I could tell then that New York was definitely in her blood now, and she would probably never want to leave.

"You ready?" She asked me, throwing me a pair of high heels that were hidden underneath the couch. I looked at my flats for a moment before changing into the high heels. I grabbed my clutch and pushed a strand of hair out of my face.

"Now I am," I said as she led the way out of her apartment. She locked her door, and I followed her down the stairs and out the door.

Instead of hailing a taxi, she turned right and headed towards Angels and Kings.

"I thought we were going clubbing?" I asked her as I saw the long line wrapping around the building of people waiting to get in. Janelle walked to the beginning of the line and waved at the security guard. He smiled and let both of us in without a second thought.

"Take a look inside," she said as she opened the door, and we walked inside.

There was a very fun, vibrant feeling throughout the bar. There was a DJ stuffed into the corner blaring music through large speakers people were sitting on. People were everywhere. There were couches and booths running the length of both walls on either side of me. The wall opposite me was a long bar with two bartenders running to get all of the drink orders filled. The center was filled with people dancing and chatting. The thing about this bar was that it wasn't filled to capacity even though there was a large line outside. There was enough room to maneuver comfortably around everywhere.

"I get it now," I said loudly to Janelle. She just smiled as we headed towards an open booth on the left.

"Do you want a drink?" She said, almost yelling, to be heard over the music.

"Just a coke," I said to her. She rolled her eyes jokingly before walking over to the bar. As she left, my eyes began scanning everyone, wondering if I would see anyone I knew. I figured chances were slim, but I liked playing this little game when I wanted to entertain myself.

I saw a door near the bar open, and I watched as a group of boys and a couple girls walked out and over to a private seating area. I tried to see if they were famous, but I had no idea who they were. I figured they must be a rapper and his posse since one of them had corn-rolls in his hair and was wearing baggy clothing. I felt bad stereotyping, but I tried to push it to the back of my mind when Janelle came back with our drinks.

"What were you staring at?" She asked. I shrugged.

"Nothing, just thought I recognized someone," I said to her as I took a sip of my soda. She took a big sip of her martini and leaned back in her seat.

"I haven't had anything to drink since I started training. I had to lose so much weight just to fit in with everyone else auditioning. This is going to be fun," she gushed to me as she began bobbing her head to the beat. As we talked to each other, I noticed that the kid with the corn-rolls and a guy with long black hair both came out from the private area and were sitting on a couch that was facing me.

A half hour went by of Janelle and me just talking and listening to the music. I tried not to look at the two boys, who were still sitting there and talking to each other. Out of nowhere, an old Family Force 5 song came on. Janelle and I looked at each other and knew it was time to go to the dance floor.

The dance floor was becoming more packed as we made our way through groups of people before beginning to dance. We sang every word we knew as we swayed our hips to the music. As the next song came on, a boy with long shaggy blonde hair came up to Janelle and put his hands in front of her eyes. She turned around and squealed as she wrapped him in a hug. She kissed his cheek before he took her hands and led her a few feet away from me. They began to roughly grind together, and I blushed and turned my head. I rubbed my arm as I looked around the dance floor, trying to find any single guys around. Everyone seemed to be taken, and I decided I should probably go back to the table. I felt like an idiot.

I walked off the dance floor and was about to reach my table when someone tapped me on my shoulder. I turned around to see the long haired boy from the private section looking down on my with a coy smile on his face.

"Hello, would you like to dance?"
♠ ♠ ♠
This is what happens when you're listening to "Lose Yourself" by Family Force 5 when writing a chapter :)