Status: finished ; )

Thankful for You

I'm Falling In Love

Ivory surfed the channels as she sat Indian style in the middle of the very big and very messy bed. It seemed she wasn’t the only one who liked to toss and turn during the night. A slight smile graced her lips as she thought about Jack. He’d been such a gentleman yesterday and her knight in skinny jeans when he’d saved her from dinner with her family. Ivory’s eyes strayed to the hotel room door before they snapped back to the TV. Jack had gone out to the balcony some time ago to take a call from his mom, leaving Ivory in the bed, alone and bored.

”Mary, Greg’s dead. He’s not coming back.” Ivory made a face as she landed on a drama filled show. She didn’t find it interesting, but there was nothing else on so she left it. Ten minutes later, she was hooked, even though she was clueless as to the story plot and who the mysterious ‘Greg’ was. Jack re-entered the room to find Ivory lying on her stomach with her eyes glued to the TV and he chuckled as he sat down beside her.

“Anything good on?” Jack pushed her side lightly. She shoved him in response and shushed him.

“It’s Greg’s funeral and Danny’s having sex with Delinda in her suite.” Ivory caught him up without much thought. “Mary’s going to be so pissed.” She shook her head and listened to him try to cover up his snort.

“Who’s Greg?” Jack asked, trying to hide a smile as he stared at the TV too. Ivory sighed.

“I haven’t got a clue. He was already dead when I started to watch.” Ivory admitted and tilted her head back awkwardly to look at Jack. He had a goofy grin on his face as he was obviously pretending to be interested in the show. “So, what did Mrs. Barakat have to say?” She turned the volume down and turned her full attention to him, flipping onto her back.

“You know she’d kill you if she knew you still called her Mrs behind her back.” Jack laughed while Ivory rolled her eyes.

“I can’t help it. It’s habit.” Ivory shrugged and bit her bottom lip to keep her smile from getting to big. “What’s going on in Maryland?” She attempted to change the subject, or rather re-focus the subject on her original question.

“Well since I missed Thanksgiving with them, she put me on speaker and had me tell the whole breakfast table what I was thankful for this year.” Jack chuckled as he imagined the rest of his family back in Maryland. He missed them, especially since he’d only just gotten of tour.

“And what is it that you’re oh so thankful for, Bassam?” Ivory playfully smirked as Jack shifted his weight so he was hovering over her. Her hand was itching to crawl into his, but she managed to restrain herself.

“I am thankful for my family,” Ivory coughed to cover up her ‘cheesy’ comment and Jack continued as if he hadn’t heard her. “My friends, the good fortune the bands gone through, and of course all of our fans.” Jack paused as he stared into her pretty blue eyes and then her pouty pink lips. God, she’s gorgeous. “But most of all, I’m thankful for you.”

Ivory scrunched her face in confusion as she continued to stare at him. She opened her mouth to ask, but couldn’t decide which question she wanted answered.

“Now this is really going to sound cheesy and lame. You are perfect,” Ivory did open her mouth to interrupt but Jack brought the hand he wasn’t leaning on to her mouth, covering it. “You are everything I want in a girl, and so much more. You’re predictable but spontaneous at the same time. And when you smile, it takes a good five seconds before I breathe again, sometimes more.” She couldn’t take it anymore. Ivory stuck her tongue out and licked his fingers, the only sure way to get his hand off of her mouth. “That is so gross,” he chuckled and pulled his hand away, wiping it on his jeans, “and so like you.” Ivory stuck her tongue out as he shook his head and smiled down at her. He meant every word he said, with the utmost passion in them. “Without you here, I would be incomplete.”

“Okay,” Ivory rolled her eyes and took Jack’s hand, making him cover his own mouth with it. “Enough of all the cheesiness. I can’t take it anymore.” She sighed and then gazed into his warm, brown eyes. Her lips fell into a sweet smile as she stared at him. “I am thankful for you, though. You are my hero. You save me day after day, my dearest, and I owe you everything for it.” Her speech wasn’t as long as his, but it didn’t have to be. He understood her, which meant he knew the few words she said she meant.

A foolish feeling took over him as he grinned down at her sparkling blue eyes and rosy cheeks. “Can I kiss you?” The question seemed to come from nowhere, and Ivory giggled while she closed her eyes. She hadn’t kissed him since they were both teenagers. When she re-opened her eyes she found Jack giving her the saddest puppy eyes she’d ever seen him give.

She smiled as she reached her hands up so that they were on each side of his neck, and then Ivory gently pulled Jack down to her. Neither one of them was breathing regularly as their lips got closer. Jack stared at her lips, his nerves starting to take over, and then locked eyes with her. She wasn’t as hesitant as he was and gladly raised her head off of the bed so their lips touched.

The kiss was soft and sweet. Just like her, Jack thought as he placed one hand behind her head, supporting it. Before either one of them really wanted it to be, it was over. Ivory was back to lying on the bed and Jack was sitting up with his body slightly turned toward her. It was quiet while they just stared at each other, taking in every feature. And then, she surprised him.

“I love you, Mr. Jack Bassam Barakat.” Ivory spoke, with confidence, the words she’d feared for so long. “I’m sorry for every little thing I’ve put you through, and I have to say that without you my life is incomplete.” She wanted to giggle as she repeated Jack’s cheesy words, but she couldn’t. Jack’s lips were back on hers, fiercely.

When he pulled back, he was grinning like an idiot. “You have no idea how long I’ve wanted to hear that from you.” He laughed at himself and rested his forehead against hers. Then he refocused and bored his eyes into hers. “I love you, Ivory Jean Jenkins,” he kissed her one more time, a small but loving kiss. “Will you be my girlfriend?”

Ivory giggled as her arms slid around his neck and she hugged him to her. He laughed and nuzzled her neck while his arms squeezed her as if she’d disappear. That was how he felt too, like if he looked away she’d vanish and never come back. “Can I take that as a yes?” He wanted confirmation before he got too excited.

“That’s a hell yes.”
♠ ♠ ♠
and the mystery of where the hell the title came from is revealed ; ) the story is not over yet my loves, though technically the two are together in the future. There's two more chapters left so comment if you want them updated tomorrow! I love you guys! Tell me how you love Jack!
xooxEmber