Status: finished ; )

Thankful for You

With Eyes Like A Sunset, Baby

“There seriously has to be something wrong with him.” Andrea huffed and crossed her arms over her chest. Another day had gone by and she still had to bring him up in their conversation. Ivory groaned from somewhere down the hall.

“Can we not talk about him?” Ivory begged as she entered the living room in her pajamas.

“Have you talked to him today?” Andrea turned and leaned against the back of the couch to stare at her best friend.

“Yes,” Ivory answered shortly. She knew fighting with Andrea would get nowhere. She still didn’t want to talk about him though. There had been too much talking done within the past four days.

“And?” Andrea prompted, wanting to know all about the new conversation.

Ivory sighed. “And he’s going to be back in town in a few days.” She shrugged, as if it wasn’t a big deal. The truth was she was dying for him to come back. All the walks down memory lane were making her anxious to see him again, to hug him. Of course she didn’t have any plans on advancing their friendship, but she still missed him. She missed him a lot more lately.

“Back in town,” Andrea mused over the words and then looked back up at her. “You mentioned he was famous the other day, right?”

“Yeah, he’s in a band.” Ivory rubbed her neck as she stumbled over to the couch and then plopped down beside Andrea. The two sat in a small silence. Andrea was still thinking things over while Ivory just waited for her next batch of questions.

“That’s why you’re so scared of him, isn’t it?” Andrea finally did speak up, but she didn’t ask what Ivory thought she would. Ivory stayed quiet as she waited for Andrea to continue. Andrea cleared her throat. “You said things changed and that’s why you don’t want to go after him now. You’re scared because he’s in a band, ‘fraid you can’t trust him.”

“Maybe.” Ivory didn’t want to admit it, but it was true. She was scared, but there were other reasons why things wouldn’t work out between her and Jack just yet.

“Ivy, babe,” Andrea cooed and wrapped her arms around her best friend. “It’s been five years and he obviously hasn’t stopped having feelings for you. I don’t think he’d hurt you.”

“They never do it intentionally.” Ivory muttered and pouted. She’d been hurt plenty of times by guys who promised to never cause her pain.

“I know sweetie. I’m sorry I brought it up.” Andrea squeezed her and then released her. “How about we have a Criminal Minds marathon before bed?” She suggested Ivory’s favorite show to try and cheer her up.

“Only a few episodes though. I’ve got work early in the morning.” Ivory agreed and settled into the couch as Andrea set up the show. She bit her bottom lip, knowing there’d be dreams tonight. Dreams of the simple boy with brown eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
cause we all know he's just a little piece of amazingness mixed with adorableness : )
xooxDee