Shades of Love

Twelve

I was drying myself off when he came to the door. Actually it wasn't even the front door, it was my room door. Either someone let him in or he just walked in, but then that wouldn't make sense because it takes me forever to find my room.

I ignored his knocks even though my door was open and I could clearly see him standing there. I grabbed a different towel and then some shampoo and walked into the built in bathroom.

I waited and listened to see if I could hear him walk out of the room, but I didn't heard anything except for some more knocking. I turned on the water and took off my wet clothes and then got into the shower. The water was warm and it felt nice on my skin. Water always felt nice on my skin though; my parents used to say that I was supposed to be a mermaid or something.

I started washing my hair, letting my hands massage my head as I put the shampoo in. I loved the feel of it, and that's why I loved having my hair done by a professional. I couldn't always do that though; my parents had money, but I didn't like to take much from them.

I stepped out of the tub and turned off the water while grabbing my towel. I wrapped it around my body securely and then walked out of the bathroom and into my room. I grabbed some clothes from my suitcase which consisted off a pair of jean shorts a t-shirt, bag, flip flops and a yellow sweater to put in the bag in case it got cold later on in the night. I also grabbed a bra and some underwear and then proceeded to walk back into the bathroom because Jensen was still standing at the door to my room.

Everyone had eaten, including Brett and I who were soaking wet at the time. The grandparents just laughed at us and Ashton seemed a little on edge but everyone ignored it.

I got dressed and then once my hair was damp enough, I moused it into nice spiral curls. I had natural curls, but this tamed them a bit. I put on a little bit of eyeliner and mascara and walked out of the bathroom; this time looking at Jensen.

"You ready to talk to me yet?" He said, stepping into my room and walking over to me. We were so close to each other that I could smell his Cologne. He smelt amazing, but that didn't change anything.

"I guess," I said walking away from him and over to my lap top that I had recently dug out. I realized I was pacing around and fidgeting when I went over to the bear that Brett had given me for my birthday and then walked in and out of the bathroom.

"Looking for something?" He said, laughing a little bit.

"Um, its nothing. What did you come here for?" I asked, curiously. I walked over to my suitcases again and dug through it until I found my body spray that I loved so much. I sprayed some on and then placed it on the dresser in the room. I really needed to unpack.

"I just wanted to say that I'm sorry about before. I'm sorry for what I put you through, but that's all in the past and we should just start over," His words caught my attention and I walked over to him standing a little farther apart then when he had walked over to me.

"As friends?" I asked, confused.

"Yeah ... as friends," He said, hopeful. I smiled at him and he smiled back nervously, not sure what my smile meant exactly.

"Okay, I mean were both older now and more mature, those feelings we once had are gone ... sure we can be friends" I said, nodding. He looked relieved and then went to say something but was interrupted when Brett walked in the room.

"You look good, Shenay," Brett said, walking over to me. I smiled at him and I could feel myself blush a little bit, but I tried to fight it off.

"Thanks, you too," I said, it felt like we had just started dating for some reason. At dinner things were awkward and now things are awkward... I don't know, maybe it had to do with earlier when we had gone swimming.

"Well Ashton and I are going down now to talk to some people and get the DJ set up," Brett said and I nodded.

"Okay," I said. Brett could afford a DJ every night for the rest of his life, so money wasn't a problem for him at all. I mean it wasn't for me either, but I didn't abuse it as much, except for when I go clothing shopping. I always buy way too much, I think I need to go to shopping rehab. Hello, I'm Shenay and I'm a shoppaholic.

Brett left the room and then Jensen stood there staring at me. I grabbed my bag that I had left on my bed and walked into the hallway. Jensen followed, closing my door on his way out.

"You are so in love with him," Jensen said and I stopped him and pushed him back into my room.

"I am not!" I said, whispering. Was it really that obvious, because if it was then that sucked... a lot. He looked sort of hurt, but we already said feelings we had were behind us now.

"I can tell by the way you look at him," He said, "Its the same look you used to give me," I felt bad now. I didn't mean to cheat my "look" but I never realized that I had a look. It was understandable for Jensen to be jealous of the look I gave Brett if I used to give him the same one.

"Oh," I said.

"Does Ashton know this?" He said, and I shook my head as he started laughing. "I won't say anything, but it would be better if you didn't make it as obvious as you are,"

"Shut up," I said and then we both walked out of my room again, not mentioning it anymore.
♠ ♠ ♠
Shenay's Outfit