Shades of Love

Five

Unloading the Escalade wasn't nearly as hard as trying to find the front door of the house. I knew Brett had money and I knew his grandparents had money, but I didn't know they had this much money. We had gotten our tour and we were now in the living room where we always ended up somehow, deciding on what we should do. In my opinion this house was a little too big, but the beach behind it was pretty nice and I really felt like going outside.

"Well my suggestion is, that we go down to the beach!" I said excitedly. They both looked at me and shook there heads. I didn't know why they didn't feel like going to the beach; it was sunny and warm.

"Were going to be at the beach all night," Ashton said, and I looked at her like she was nuts. If Brett wasn't with us right now, she would have been down at the beach before we even got the chance to unload the car; she loved the beach.

"Yeah, but it wont be sunny or as warm," I said trying to get them both to change their mind. I watched her place her little hand into his and then she kissed him lightly on the lips.

"Lets just get some rest before we do anything, okay?" Brett said standing up, "You know where your room is, right?" I nodded because I knew that he was talking to me. I was the third wheel on this little trip and of course I had my own room, while they shared one. I was mad at Ashton for actually leaving me alone here, but she was just too happy for herself to notice my anger.

"Fine," I said, defeated. He smiled at me and then grabbed Ashton's hand. They walked out of the room and I just sat there for a few minutes. I was about to get up, but a figure walked into the room.

"Don't worry, dear," Said and old sweet voice. I looked up to see Brett's grandmother making her way over to me with her cain. I got up to help but she shooed me back down. I had met her when we had first arrived about 30 minutes ago. It had taken 20 minutes to show us around the house and the other 10 minutes went to meeting the grandparents and unpacking.

I looked at her confusingly. What was I worrying about? Well that she noticed anyways. She was around 70 and her old skin looked good on her. It wasn't flaky and rubbery, it was more of a smooth pale colour with a few wrinkles in it. She was a very beautiful women; I can only imagine what her mother looked like.

"I don't know what you mean," I said smiling at her as she sat down on the couch beside me. She placed her cain beside her and brought her feet up on the foot rest. She didn't seem to care much for her expensive furniture and luxurious house.

"My grandson can be quite the rude one sometimes, don't take it personally though," I laughed a little bit because wasn't it supposed to be Ashton sitting here right now, instead of me? It sort of felt like I belonged here, in this room, talking to this beautiful and elegant women.

"Well he can be a little blind sometimes, but he's not that bad," I said, shrugging and smiling at her. She would look at me and then eye something else in the room, and then repeat it again and again.

"Blind! He couldn't see natures true beauty if his life depended on it. That boy is 10 times worse than blind," I felt my jaw drop a little and then Brett's grandmother started laughing at me. It wasn't my fault if I found it a little surprising about what Brett's grandma said about him. She didn't mean it in a "my grandson is scum" sort of way, she was joking around but telling the truth.

"You're a pretty cool grandmother," I said, smiling stupidly at her. I liked the fact that Brett's family was talking to me and joking with me. His mom and dad took a liking to me and I really hoped that his grandmother had as well.

"I like you," She said, pointing her finger at me and smiling a toothy smile. Her teeth looked real, but I guess when your old and have money, you can afford real teeth. It didn't seem to me that Brett's grandma really cared about the money she had.

"I like you too, grandma ..." I paused not knowing her real name.

"Grandma Anne," She said, laughing. "I think that you should go to the beach right now, there are a lot of cute boys there and it definitely wouldn't hurt to scope some out without the two of them bringing you down," I looked at her shockingly. It was like she knew everything about what I was going through and was giving me advice without bringing it up.

"I think I will," I said standing up and walking over to the opening where you walk in. I turned around and saw her smiling at me. "It was nice meeting you," I added.

"You too, darling," She said and then I was out the door without even really thinking about anything. I wasn't even sure how I knew where the right door was, there were way too many. The truth was, that I was going to have to have my room shown to me again, because I have no idea where it is. I laughed at the thought and made my way down to the beach. Grandma Anne was right, there are a lot of a cute boys out right now.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment/subscribe ? (=