Shades of Love

Seven

I was putting on my bikini when Brett walked in. I was used to him doing this, because he didn't really care about anybody but Ashton, so everyone was safe. I had my bottoms on, but I was having trouble tying up the top. I had this issue with not being able to tie up my bathing suit top by myself.

Brett walked over and started to tie up my top, making sure to double knot it like he always did, to make it harder for guys to undo it. He was a little over protected, which was weird for me because he most likely thought of me as a sister and I didn't like that.

"You look hot," He said stepping back a bit and facing me, with his hands rested on my hips. I liked the feel of them, but I couldn't show him my enjoyment, so I made sure not to make any eye contact, even though I had shivery goosbumbs all up and down my arms.

"Yeah, well lets hope someone else out there thinks so too," I said, stepping away from his warm hands and walking around my room, looking for my clothes that I had on my bed but somehow weren't there anymore. I found them on the floor underneath the bed and put on my summer dress and my white flatts to match it. The thing I loved most about summer, was the cute dresses I was always able to wear with the warm weather.

"Everybody out there will think so, trust me," He said winking and walking out of the room. I hated it when he did that, because it made me feel like he was teasing me. It felt like he knew that I loved him, so he did whatever to show me how much I couldn't have him. Another thing though, is that we were just really close.

I wanted to believe that I looked good, but I just couldn't wrap my head around it. I didn't like the way I looked all that much and I always felt like Ashton looked better than me no matter how much I tried.

I pushed all my insecurities to the back of my head and tried to feel good about myself as I walked out of my room and outside to where Ashton and Brett were standing. Ashton didn't exactly look like someone partying on the beach, but she looked better than me all the same.

"Hey," Ashton said, as soon at she noticed me walking towards them. She had a bit of excitement in her voice and I knew there was something she wasn't telling me. I waited a bit and watched her smile at me, until I finally gave up.

"What?" I said smiling and pushing her a little. She was making me nervous just the way she was acting. It was like she was waiting for a surprise that was supposed to happen to me. A surprise that was going to make her feel really happy for me and herself.

"Go meet some of these boys," She said, pushing me away from her and her group of people. I knew that there was someone in paticular she wanted me to run into, but she wanted me to find who it was for myself. I knew that if I went back she was just going to make me leave again, so I walked around a little bit, lost in the huge crowd of people and went looking for someone. I had no idea who I was supposed to be finding, or what they looked like, so it made my search sort of impossible.

I was offered a drink by a really cute boy, but I didn't take the drink from him. I did stay and talk to him though, the conversation was light and easy and as soon as I noticed him lean in for a kiss I told him I had to go find some people.

I liked the feel of the night air against my skin, and the flow of my dress with the wind. It was pretty warm outside and it was a full moon. so it was pretty bright. It was bright in the sense that it was still night, you could just see where you were going.

I stopped looking all together, enjoying the beach and the party. I got myself a drink, instead of possibly having someone else get me one and have the possibility of being drugged, and walked along the beach. I was drinking something fruity in a red plastic cup and it tasted really good. The music was loud and so were the people, all drunk and going back to the bar that was set up for more.

I started to wonder what Bretts grandparents thought about all of this, but I got the feeling that they probably didn't care. From what I had known and talked about with his grandmother, it didn't seem like she cared about this kind of stuff. I could even see her joining the party, and then I thought about how maybe she did want to, but didn't want to embarres her grandson infront of all of these people.

"Hey there, stranger," I heard a raspy voice say. Just from his voice I could tell that he was probably hot, without even looking at him. He had a really hot voice. I didn't look to see who it was because it probably wasn't directed at me. I continued walking down the beach and thinking about everything. Ashton would want me to be having fun right now, but I couldn't find who I was supposed to be looking for, so fun was another impossible thing tonight.

"Hey, I'm talking to you," I heard the same voice from a few seconds ago say softly. I turned around and jumped into his arms without even thinking.