‹ Prequel: Metus

Mutatio

Lor's POV

I tossed the phone back over to Strify, who caught it (barely. And he almost sent his coffee flying too). I glared at all of them expectantly. Shin looked like he'd just committed a mortal sin (which, no matter how bad this was, was definately not that), Romeo looked like he was afraid for me, not of me but for me. It was flattering I guess. Yu kinda looked the same way, but he was a bit more stubborn about it. Kiro was nervously picking at his nailpolish and Strify was sipping his coffee and trying not to make noise. I met each gaze, making sure they knew what I thought about all this.

Oh good god, its not like you killed someone or something. I though and sighed. "Come on guys, we need sustinence." I said in a caring yet monotonous tone. Hm. I didn't think they could really go together....

Romeo looked to me apologetically and took out a roll of bills from his pocket. We both made our way to the coffee stand, and I just got a glance at Shin, Kiro, and Strify exchanging nervous looks.

We ordered the coffies (one for everyone but Strify, since he already had one) and headed back to the table. Before we got there I turned Romeo to face me and put my hand on his cheek. I didn't say anything, but I think he knew what I was saying. It's alright, Romeo, I just want to know why. After a minute I thought I saw his eyes water. I smiled and wipped the tears that had just begun to fall down his cheek. He smiled at me and we headed back to the table.

A heavy sigh escaped my throat and I plopped down on the chair while Romeo passed out the coffee (mine too of course. What, did you think I would forget myself? ^.^)

"Alright," I said, not knowing quite how to start. "I understand. You were trying to protect me, I get that, and its actually really flattering. But guys....guys what were you thinking?"

No one talked for a while. Strify and Kiro looked to eachother guiltily. "Well...." Strify said. "He's a litte old, doncha think?"

I shrugged. "Which is why I am not dating him." I started. "We hang out, and we like eachother. That's it."

"Well--"

"You guys are my friends right?"

Kiro's eyes widened. Got him. "Yes."

"Good. And you know you don't have to like anything I do, and if you don't you'll say so respectfully and then leave it alone."

"But--"

"And because you are all really great, you will never again do anything like this? Because it is petty and childish, and since I'm your friend you will not treat anyone I care about--or anyone else for that matter-- like dirt just because you don't like them. Because you care about me enough not to. Right?"

"Right," Yu grumbled. He wasn't looking at me, and his arms had crossed. "But Lor we--"

"Love me enough to respect my decisions, no matter what they are?"

Yu wouldn't look at me. Victory. "Good. Now that we have that settled--"

"Let's do something!" cried Strify desperately.

Shin's face brightened a little., trying to lighten the mood a little bit. "Ok!"

Kiro gigled. "I know!" he said and shot up out of his chair, nearly spilling both his and Strify's coffies.

Kiro grabbed me by the upper arm and led me haistily to the door. Yu was still sitting, Romeo trying to convince him to follow. He wouldn't look at me.

--------------

I ended up in the car with Shin, Kiro, and Strify. I had no interest in doing whatever they planned on doing. All I wanted to do was lay pathetically in my bed and stare at the ceiling because the one guy I'd ever had the slightest bit of out-of-the-ordinary feelings for was going to hate me because I was an idiot. I was an idiot and the only way I could think of that would help him is hating me. His life was more important than my happiness.

"Lor? We're here." Kiro said. I turned, to find the door to the car open and everyone standing outside, waiting for me. I hadn't noticed the car had stopped.

"Oh..." I mumbled, taking Kiro's hand as he helped me out of the car. A tacky neon sign greeted my eyes. A karaoke bar, with 'open mic night' shining in the window. "I can't be here, I'm not old enough to drink."

Kiro shrugged. "Neither can Shin, at least not here. Plus, just because we're at a bar doesn't mean we have to drink alcohol." Shin smiled encouragingly at me.

--------------

My fingers lay on the keys to a beat-up piano, trembling as I felt the lights shine down on me. Deep breathe....

"All around me are familiar faces
Worn out places, worn out faces
Bright and Early for their daily races
Going nowhere, going nowhere
The tears are filling up their glasses
No expression, no expression
Hide my head I want to drown my sorrow
No tomorrow, no tomorrow

And I find it kind of funny
I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I'm dying
Are the best I ever had
I find it hard to tell you
I find it hard to take
When people run in circles it's a very very
Mad World
Mad World

Children waiting for the day they feel good
Happy birthday, happy birthday
Made to feel the way that every child should
Sit and listen, sit and listen
Went to school and I was very nervous
No one knew me, no one knew me
Hello teacher, tell me what's my lesson
Look right through me, look right through me

And I find it kind of funny
I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I'm dying
Are the best I ever had
I find it hard to tell you
I find it hard to take
When people run in circles it's a very very
Mad World
Mad World
Enlargen your world

Mad world...."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sooo sorry this one took so long, but there's another on the way! Rate and comment if you love me. ^.^