Sequel: An Old Beginning
Status: Complete

Guilty Pleasures

Chapter 12

Naomi sat silently in her chair for nearly an hour as Donna and Gerard made pleasant small talk, getting to know each other. She thought she would retch as she watched her mother flirt with this man. The same man who, unbeknownst to Donna Hackett, had been inside of her daughter just a few short hours ago.

“May I be excused?” Naomi mumbled.

“Nae, you hardly ate anything,” Donna said, looking at her daughter’s full plate.

“I’m not hungry,” she said softly, standing up to take her plate to the sink. Passing through the dining room on her way up the stairs, Naomi caught Donna's look. “What Mom?”

“Aren’t you going to thank your teacher?”

Naomi took a deep breath, turning to look in Gerard's eyes. “Thanks,” she muttered.

“Not a problem.”

She turned and walked up the stairs when she heard Gerard call her name. She turned around with a sigh as Gerard met her halfway, using the excuse of handing her the fake notes to get close to her. Out of Donna's eye-line, he leaned in close to Naomi. “I’m sorry.”

“Really?” Naomi asked disbelievingly with a raised eyebrow.

“I want you,” he whispered. “I need you.” Naomi lips tightened as he took her hand, placing it over the bulge in his pants. “See how much I need
you?” he asked in a whisper.

Naomi pulled her hand away, fixing him with a hard gaze. “Is that it? she asked quietly. “Thats why you need me?” Naomi turned around, leaving a very confused Gerard on the stairs.

Turning and walking back into the dining room, he suddenly realized Donna's flirty behavior as she gave him a smile and offered him a mug of hot chocolate. He had been so preoccupied with Naomi, he didn’t even notice the attention her mother was giving to him.

“I think I’ll have to pass,” Gerard said with a small smile as he took his plate to the kitchen. “Early day tomorrow, and I still have some work to finish up.”

“Oh, well…maybe a raincheck then,” she said in a hopeful tone.

“I don’t think that’s such a good idea,” he said, trying to let her down easily. “My girlfriend might not like it.”

“Oh…you have a girlfriend?”

Gerard thought of the young woman upstairs, upset because he was such a moron earlier. “Yeah,” he said softly. “She’s wonderful.”

“Lucky woman,” Donna replied, walking him to the door.

Gerard said goodnight as he walked out of the house, lighting a cigarette when he got to his car. Turning around to face the house, he saw a single light on upstairs and smiled as an idea formed.