Sequel: An Old Beginning
Status: Complete

Guilty Pleasures

Chapter 14

Naomi gave Gerard a shy smile from her seat in his class. His lips quirkedin response before he quickly looked away.

It had been a month since their affair started, and Naomi could still feel her cheeks flush whenever Gerard looked at her. She watched as he walked around the room, handing back some papers. He walked beside her more than necessary, letting his hand subtly brush along her shoulder every time he passed.

Naomi looked down as Gerard placed a paper on her desk. Turning it over, she saw a ‘B’ scrawled on the top, which was normal for her. A few days ago, Gerard had tried to raise Naomi's grade, but she had insisted that he leave it alone and let her earn whatever she was supposed to get. Gerard had briefly argued butstopped when Naomi told him it felt too much like a payment for their time together. Gerard had immediately put her at ease, reassuring her that he would never think of that and he wouldn’t push the subject.

Naomi looked closer and noticed a small note, written in pencil:
‘My place- 5:00’.

She found herself shivering in anticipation, a secret smile on her face as she shoved the paper in her bag as the final bell rang.

“Naomi, do you want to go shopping tomorrow?” Jo asked, gathering her books together.

“Sure,” Naomi agreed with a smile, although the smile was more for Gerard as she walked out of the room. “What are we shopping for?”

“Prom dresses.”

Naomi's eyes widened as she realized Prom was just a few days away.

“Did you forget?” Jo asked, stopping at her locker.

“Yeah, I guess I’ve been spacey lately,” Naomi said with a shrug. “Are you going with anyone?”

“Pete asked me yesterday,” Jo said with a light blush.

Naomi nearly shrieked as she spun around to face her friend. “And you didn’t call and tell me?!”

Jo suppressed a smile as she bit her lip. “I guess I didn’t really believe it.”

“Oh my Bob, Jojo, I’m so happy for you!” Naomi cried, grabbing her friend and wrapping her in a tight hug.

“Now we just have to find you a date,” Jo said happily.

“Oh no,” Naomi replied, waving her hand dismissively. “I’m cool with going stag- I think I’ll have more fun that way.”

“Well, I wish I’d known that earlier because…”

Jo trailed off as she looked over Naomi's shoulder in anticipation. Naomi's eyes widened, not wanting to turn around. “Oh, Jo, you didn’t…”

“I did,” Jo replied as a soft voice traveled to Naomi's ears.

“Hi, Nae.”

Naomi took a deep breath before turning around with a fake smile. “Hi, Martyn.”

“So, listen…I was wondering if you had a date to the dance this weekend?”

Naomi's eyes darted around the emptying hallway as she tried to think of a valid excuse, but when none came to her, she decided to go with the truth.
“No, I don’t.”

“Well…um…would you like to…go? With me, I mean.”

Naomi shot Jo an anxious look that her friend didn’t entirely understand.

‘He’s a nice guy,’ Naomi thought with an internal shrug. ‘At least I know he’ll be on his best behavior.’

“I guess that would be okay,” she said with a tight smile.

“Great!” Martyn said with a grin. “Jo said we could share their limo.”

Naomi shot her friend a look for plotting behind her back. “That’s great, Martyn. I’ll see you then.”

Naomi turned and walked down the hall and out of the building, her heartbeat rapidly thudding in her chest. ‘What’s Gee going to say?’
- - - - -
I can happily say you won't have to wait long to find out what Gee is going to say =]
Im updating so much these days! Please exscuse me, I've been neglecting the stories I usually read to write for you lovely people.
Thanks for reading Jo, you know I wuvs you!