Sequel: An Old Beginning
Status: Complete

Guilty Pleasures

Chapter 33

Naomi walked into her history class with trepidation. She had talked her mother into letting her skip the rest of the previous week, saying she was sick. It wasn’t far from the truth. Now she had to face up to a part of her life and try to put it behind her. She knew she wouldn’t be able to accomplish that in one day, but she had the rest of the school year to come to terms with her feelings. Unfortunately.

Naomi walked through the doorway, feeling Gerard's eyes on her immediately.
She avoided him as she sat down in her usual seat, turning and making pleasant conversation with Jo until the bell rang. She could see the look on Jo's face and knew that her friend was getting worried about her.

Gerard began class, but Naomi could tell his mind was elsewhere. She turned her eyes away every time he looked in her direction, pretending to be taking notes. Gerard lectured for half an hour before announcing that they would get some free time before the bell rang. Naomi watched as he grabbed a stack of papers from his desk and began to hand them back to the students.
She unconsciously shied away from him when he passed her, a move that did not go unnoticed by Gerard as he placed a paper facedown on her desk, and he felt his stomach tighten at the simple act.

Naomi looked at the piece of paper and felt herself go pale at the note written in pencil.

‘We need to talk.’

‘I can’t,’ Naomi thought, trying to ward off a panic attack. ‘I’m doing everything I can by just being here. He can’t expect me to talk to him after…’

She could see him watching her as the bell rang. Gathering her strength as she stood up, she gave him a pointed look before crumpling the paper in her hand. They had nothing to talk about. It had all been said the other night. She continued to ball it up as she walked by his desk and tossed it in the trash can, looking away as she followed Jo out of the room.

Gerard sighed when the last person walked out, dropping his head into his hands as the door shut, leaving him in silence.

The last week had been hell for him, and he wanted to make sure Naomi was okay. He had been relieved to see that she was in school that day, but it
did nothing to dissuade his concerns when she ignored him for most of the day.

He hated himself for what he was putting her through…for what he was putting himself through, but it couldn’t change anything.

Above all else, Gerard was grateful that Toro had enough trust and respect to come to him instead of immediately going to Baxter. He made a bad situation more bearable. Gerard couldn’t live with himself if his affair with Naomi had hurt her future in any way. He was prepared to suffer the consequences for his actions, but he would be damned if he dragged her down with him.

-------
Thankyou for all your feedback guys! It would be very much appriciated if you would go read my other to stories (in progress) 'cause they arent doing that well =(