Status: Creeping Along(:

Rainey's Lake

My Forbidden Sunshine

Vegas called waking me from a deep sleep. I was happy to hear his voice. "Hey Veg! What's up?" "Can you come pick me up? I'm at the airport. There's someone I want you to meet." Vegas said into the phone. I could hear his devilish smile and had to chuckle. "Be there in a few." Right as I was about to hang up, I heard a giggle come from something that sounded beautiful. I hung up and ran to my closet. I had to see that something beautiful. I got dressed quickly and practically sped to the airport. When I pulled up I seen Vegas cuddling a little girl. Not a little kid a girl maybe a few years younger than me but small for her age. She was gorgeous. Vegas caught a glimpse of my car and jumped in, knocking me out of my trance. The beauty walked over to my car hesitantly getting in. "I'm Alexander, Vegas' best mate." I said with a smile as she got in. "I'm Kacee Greek." she stated quietly with an English accent. We drove to Vegas' house and I left to go get an Uhaul. I came back and Kacee looked out of the window at the Uhaul and brought some boxes down I helped her load them. She blushed deeply hiding behind her dark hair. She went back into the house and Veg came up to me. "She is my baby sister. You can't have her just yet." My eyes got wide and I shuddered, "I wasn't...I don't-" "I see the way you look at her. So don't hide it. Shes scared and she witnessed our parents die." He whispered the last part and I looked at her standing in the doorway trying to pick up something she dropped while holding a large box;I ran over to her and picked it up. "Thanks." She whispered and put it in the box. Vegas and I loaded the furniture finishing up. Kacee climbed up into the Uhaul and Vegas grabbed my arm. "Shes gonna wake up screaming at midnight. Just rub her back or something. Call if you need help." I nodded and climbed in with Kacee. We drove and drove and eventually she got tired and curled up to warmth. The warmth being me and fell asleep. I pulled into a Wal-Mart parking lot and looked at the clock. It read 12:01 and she only clung to my chest. I rubbed her back and stroked her hair. I texted Vegas and said she didn't wake up and he didn't text back. I slept for a little bit then drove to the house Veg said to. I carried Kacee into the living room and tucked her in on the couch. And so not to weird her out I slept on the floor. She woke with a gasp and I patted the spot next to me and she crawled down and curled up into my chest and I wrapped my arms around her. Was I special? Could I have an effect on someone like I had her? Vegas walked down and raised an eyebrow at me and I just shrugged and moved some hair off of her face and she sprang up onto the couch landing in Vegas' lap, leaving me to stare at her wide-eyed. "W-what did you...h-how-w did...did I-I?" She hid in Vegs' chest and I frowned. "I'm sorry, Sunshine." She smiled softly at me and nodded cuddling into her brother.