Status: Completed.

The Wonder of You

Wedding Bells

They stood outside of the Lombardi residence, Paula was trying to get out of Emmett’s hold to tell her parents, and Emmett was standing there freaking out about how they would take it.

Finally after about ten minutes of quiet fighting, Paula’s parents threw the door open and Paula threw her left hand in the air her engagement ring dazzling.

“Ma I’m engaged!”

Paula’s mom screamed and ran over to Paula, taking her from Emmett’s arms and kissing her all over her face.

Paula’s dad walked out and shook Emmett’s hand firmly, giving him a little smile. Paula’s mom was going crazy

“We have to book the day at the church! The location, oh lord the whole town’s gonna be invited! What else?! Food, drinks, entertainment! There’s so much to do and your DRESS! I have the perfect idea in my mind and you will love it! Emmett why aren’t you smiling!”

“I’m nervous.”

“Why?”

“I thought you were gonna be mad that I didn’t ask for her hand.”

“Don’t worry about it! She asked us if we thought it was okay for you two to go steady and we said yes so it’s like we consented without having too! Get over here my boy!”

While Emmett was being doted upon by Paula’s parents, Paula’s grandfather took his granddaughter out back to have a chat with her.

He hugged her close and said, “Congratulations baby.”

“Thank you grandpa. I have a question, will they try and pull anything at the wedding?”

“No, weddings are off limit. I remember I got married when the shit hit the fan and they give
you two weeks of peace to enjoy your honeymoon and then the fighting starts again. And uh, I have something to give you but I’ll give it to you another time.”

“I love you grandpa.”

Paula and Emmett left her home and drove into the middle of a field to discuss the smaller details, like sex and turning her into a vampire.

“So if we sleep together? I’ll get knocked up, give birth, and you’ll have to change me to a vampire?”

“Yes.”

“well then I guess we ain’t gonna be having sex till this wars over, cuz I ain’t leaving my boys to fight on their own.”

“You actually want to have sex with me?”

“Emmett, I want to have everything with you. Hopefully we can get some twins, a boy and a girl.”

“You’re crazy! Bella was all dying just with one kid!”

“I ain’t Bella though. I can handle two, three though, I would love three.”

“Let’s just hope we get one.”

Once the news about the Cullen-Lombardi spread the town went into a frenzy. All of the vendors started prepping, because they knew that when the Lombardi’s threw a party it was a shin dig to remember, plus the Cullen’s were also very classy people.

The high school was overrun with joy; the preps were constantly going up to Paula and Emmett to congratulate them personally and try to get their own personal invitation to the wedding.

Pauly laughed at their attempts to secure an invitation, they didn’t have to kiss her ass this was a small town they were her preps and they would of course be invited to the wedding.

Alice was highly involved in the wedding planning, but instead of doing all the planning like she had for Edward and Bella, she simply went along with Paula and Emmett and often
voiced her opinion.

Alice wasn’t too happy with not being in complete creative control, but she knew she wouldn’t be able to do things her way like she had at Bella’s wedding.

The wedding date was set for March 1, because Paula and Emmett had decided that they could remember the first day of the third month as their wedding day.

The local Catholic Church was booked, and a large clearing by the high school was chosen as the location for the wedding since the entire town was on the guest list.

The color scheme was coral and ivory; Emmett was the one that suggested coral and Paula approved the idea because she thought it was sweet to bring the mirror warmer into this somehow.

They were going to have a large wedding party. Edward and Jasper were going to be the best men and Alice and Bella would be bridesmaids; but Paula’s maids of honor were going to be her four closest guy friends Tony, Frankie, Bobby and Pauly.

She had wanted to put all thirty of her Greasers into the wedding, but she couldn’t, knowing that it would make the ceremony last way longer so they would be honorary bride’s men.

It was now the night before the wedding, Emmett along with his family were having a bachelor party for him which consisted of hunting, hunting, and more hunting.

Paula on the other hand was with her thirty greasers sitting on top of her car, drinking, smoking, eating, and laughing up with them. She really loved all of them like her own blood, and couldn’t imagine what it would feel like the day that she would have to leave them.

“Can’t believe you’re getting married tomorrow, Pauly.”

“what you thought I was gonna be a spinster Frankie?”

“Nah, just it’s in the middle of senior year. I thought I was getting married quick and I’m doing it a week after graduation.”

“It’s because you know how I am. I had to be first.”

“So are you excited for the wedding night?”

“Yeah, I’m sure we’re gonna play some scrabble.”

“More like twister, with your clothes off!”

“aren’t you clever.”

“That I am.”

They all laughed and took a swig of their whiskey bottles. They were getting shitfaced and their girls were the designated drivers and since they weren’t drinking they were off talking about what their outfits were going to look like and how they were going to do their hair and makeup.

Paula was busy telling jokes, when the mood got serious and Tony said, “Paula you know we all love you, and if you ever need anything and I mean anything. Someone to talk too, a shoulder, a partner to grab some drinks, a babysitter know that we are always here for you. Always.”

“Thank you. I really love you guys.”

“Enough with this emotional crap. Let’s get drunk!”

Woops erupted, fresh bottles of Jack Daniels were opened, and a truck radio was turned on to the local rockabilly station.

They drank until they hit the floor, and woke up the next morning due to blaring music. Paula stood up rubbing her head, she didn’t have a headache but her body felt tired.

Her mother and father were standing in front of her and were busy trying to wake up her four maids of honor.

One by one they began to wake; once they were all awake and freshly showered they went downstairs to enjoy the breakfast that Paula’s mother had prepared for them.

At ten in the morning Alice and Bella showed up to have their hair done by the expert hairstylists in town.

Alice got hair extensions to make her hair as long as Bella’s, and both Bella and Alice wore their hair down in gentle curls. Alice did Bella’s and hers make up as they waited for the stylist to finish Paula’s hair.

Soon enough the stylist finished and Paula sat there with a very neat up do with a gentle wave going through her hair. Alice set to work on Paula’s makeup, outlining her dark eyebrows and putting the perfect shade of red lipstick on her.

“Can I see myself yet!”

“Not yet! Not until you’re in your dress!”

“But I haven’t even seen my dress!”

The door opened and Paula’s grandfather walked in holding a dress bag. He looked very handsome in his black suit with his hair slicked back.

“Sweetheart it’s time that I give you your gift,” his eyes watered up and he began to cry lightly, “this was your grandmothers and I know that you’re going to look beautiful in it.”

He unzipped the bag and revealed her grandmother’s beautiful wedding dress. Ever since she was a little girl, Paula had dreamed of wearing her grandmother’s dress it was the most beautiful gown she had ever seen. Paula started crying and hugged her grandfather tightly.

“Shh calm down love, you’re going to ruin your make up.”

“I know, it’s just I’m honored that you’re giving me her dress to wear. Do you think she’s happy right now?”

“I know she’s looking down from heaven with a big beautiful smile on her face. Now put this on, we don’t want to be late.”

Paula changed into the dress quickly, and Alice touched up her makeup leaving her spotless.

“May I present the future Mrs. Cullen.”

Paula was speechless when she saw her reflection. She had expected herself to look strange because of her right arm that was covered in tattoos but somehow the tattoos didn’t detract from her beauty.

Tears came to her eyes as she studied her face, the stars on the side of her face seemed to light up the look.

Paula’s mother and father stood in the doorway stunned at their daughter’s beauty. Mrs. Lombardi buried her face in her husband’s chest, crying at the thought of her little girl growing up.

Mr. Lombardi was a man that never cried, but his little girl turning into someone’s wife was a thought that left him weak in the knees and teary in the eyes.

“You’re beautiful sweetheart.”

“Thank you daddy.”

“I remember when you were born. I was nineteen and I was at work when your ma called me saying her water broke. I was so scared not knowing if I was going to be a good enough daddy for you, but when I saw your little smile I knew I was ready. I knew that I was gonna take care of you for the rest of my life and make sure that you’re happy. I’m glad you found someone who loves you so much, my baby.”

The cars outside honked and Paula along with her parents, siblings, grandpa, the girls, and her boys were on their way to the church. Paula was ushered into the waiting room, as the crowd began to file into the church.

The guests marveled at the massive amounts of flowers hanging from the church, beautiful white and coral roses, tulips, and lilies filled the church.

The four string quartet made their way to the front and the wedding party began to march in.
Carlisle and Esme walked in first, taking their seats at the very front of the church. Emmett walked in after them beaming with happiness.

His smile was infectious causing everyone in the church to have large smiles spread across their faces. Edward followed after, then Jasper, Alice and Bella; the four of them stood on their brother’s side.

Paula’s mother walked in being escorted by her two younger sons, and sat at the front on the bride’s side. Now it was time for the bride’s men.

The four men looked very well in their black suits and had their standard greaser hair looking impeccable. They walked down the aisle each holding a lily in their hand. They made their way to the front in perfect step with the music.

The music got stronger and Paula appeared at the back of the church. All eyes went to her, and everyone began to gasp and cry at how beautiful she looked.

Paula didn’t notice any of the people’s reactions she was too busy staring into Emmett’s golden eyes.

His smile was unlike any he had ever shown before, it wasn’t a funny smile, it was a loving smile; the type of smile that a man gives a woman when he is completely and utterly happy.

Edward smiled when he heard Paula’s thoughts; he turned to Emmett and whispered, “She said I love you, now quit staring you oaf!”

Emmett burst out into soft laughter; it was music to her ears. Soon her father and her were at the alter.

Paula’s father turned to his daughter to kiss his little girl for the last time, because the next time he kissed her she would be a wife.

He took his daughter’s hand and put it in Emmett’s saying, “Take care of my angel.”

Emmett nodded and entwined his fingers with Paula’s. They turned to the priest, who had them kneel down to do the blessing. The ceremony was taking ages, both of them just wanted the priest to skip to the last part so they could say I do, kiss, and start their happily ever after.

They were both standing, their weddings on their fingers, it was finally going to be official. The priest peered through the room and said, “If anyone here has any reason why these two should not be wed, speak now or forever hold your peace.”

No one spoke, and the Priest was about to move on to say the bit about “what god has blessed let no man unmake” but just as he was about to say that, the church doors swung open and there, in the back of the room was the most beautiful blonde anyone had ever seen.