Status: Completed.

The Wonder of You

Forever is Over

The Cullen’s stared at Rosalie in horror. She was dressed in a beautiful red dress that clung to her perfect curves, she took a step and her heal clicking on the floor was the only noise that could be heard in the Church.

Her eyes revealed the anger she was suffering from this humiliation, she had been in Paris and had only been informed of Emmett’s wedding by accident when she heard the designer discussing it with his girlfriend.

Well, you know what happened after she found out, she went crazy and came back to the United States swearing to stop the wedding and take back what’s hers, she wasn’t about to lose Emmett to a human.

Paula stared at Rosalie in shock, trying to figure out who the beautiful woman standing in the doorway was.

It is obvious that she is a vampire like the Cullen’s; she has the same topaz eyes and unnaturally beautiful looks; unnaturally beautiful even for a Cullen.

After a few moments the priest regained his thoughts, and questioned the beautiful woman walking towards the aisle.

“Do you have something to say Miss?”

“Yes, I do.”

“What do you have to say to stop the wedding of this young couple?”

“All I have to say is that Emmett can not marry her, because he is engaged to marry me.”

“What?”

Rosalie was smart she knew she couldn’t just say that they were mates and had been together since the 1940s so she prepared a little lie about them being engaged and what not.

“You heard me, before he moved here he proposed he was supposed to come back at the end of the summer. He called me often to talk to me and tell me I love you, and I found out just the other day that he was getting married. So I took it upon myself to come here and stop this joke from happening.”

Paula’s mind went blank, her chest rose and fell very quickly, her heart beating at an alarmingly fast rate. She was livid.

Through clenched teeth Paula turned to Emmett and said, “Is this true?”

“Paula, let me explain.”

“I don’t want an explanation! YES OR NO?”

Emmett looked down at the floor and said, “Yes, but.”

“Frank go get the car!”

The Greaser’s went into shock when they heard Paula call Frankie, Frank. She only referred to them by their legal names when she was really aggravated.

Frank ran out the car and was followed by the other boys. He jumped into the car and burned rubber leaving the car in front of the church.

Paula stood there humiliated, her hands were in fists. She wanted to kill Emmett, but knew that it was impossible to do.

She knew that Emmett and the blonde weren’t just engaged. The blonde was a vampire and she must be Emmett’s mate.

Immediately she felt like a little joke, a game that the Cullen kids played to pass the time. Paula threw her wedding band and engagement ring to the floor and began walking out of the Church.

Emmett stared wide eyed as the rings hit the floor. He saw Paula pick up her dress and start walking out; he ran after her and grabbed her hand roughly.

Paula fought to get out of Emmett’s grasp but knew that there was no point, her strength was no use against his.

Paula was hurting inside, her once strong and independent heart was completely shattered. She wanted to hit him and cry, cursing his name and making a show like any other would have done; but that’s not her style.

She narrowed her eyes and glared at him, pushing away all the grief and only letting the anger and hate out.

“Let me go.”

“No, please just let me explain.”

“I don’t want your damn explanation. Now let me go. Your fiancée is waiting for ya.”

Emmett’s grip loosened and Paula ran out of the Church and into the awaiting car. Emmett ran after the car (at a fast human pace), Paula looked at him and then screamed at Frank, “Burn rubber Frank!”

Emmett stood right there defeated. He had been so close to having true happiness and Rosalie just had to come back and ruin it all.

He walked back into the Church glares hitting from every single angle, the town was real ticked off with him.

Mr. Lombardi stood up and glared at him; he looked at the town and said, “It seems the wedding is called off. Sorry for the trouble we put you through.”

Mr. Lombardi stood at the exit of the Church personally accepting the condolences that his fellow townspeople were offering his family.

Soon everyone in the town left, Carlisle and Esme walked over to the Lombardi’s to try and apologize for the events but the Lombardi’s walked off before the Cullen’s opened their mouths.

The priest was disgusted with the events and ushered the Cullen’s out of the church and soon they were on their way to their house.

Paula ran over to her house and took off her grandmother’s wedding dress. She quickly slipped on a pair of jeans, a tank, slipped her chucks on and grabbed her leather jacket.

She threw all of her tequila bottles into her back pack and was back in the car with the guys. They drove an hour out of town, settling on a piece of property that her parents owned.

Paula got out of the car and turned to see her four closest friends. She saw the pained looked in Tony, Frankie, Bobby, and Mickey’s eyes and she lost it.

Pauly fell on the floor and started hitting the grass, tearing at it letting her anger and grief pour out of her being.

The pain was worst than anything she had ever suffered, she preferred having ten broken ribs, broken limbs, and a broken neck with some shank wounds and bullet wounds to feeling the pain of her broken heart.

Tears streamed down her beautiful face, smearing her eyeliner and mascara.

How could he do this to her?

He promised her his eternal love and devotion! It was all a fucking lie! Really how could he lover her of all people. He’s a vampire; he was only using her for her blood and sport. It was obvious to her now, that the Cullen’s got a kick out of playing with the emotions of humans.

They had to take turns making fall in love with them, plan these huge and elaborate weddings only to humiliate them at the alter.

She was a joke, her reputation, everything was ruined. Just to give the vampires a fucking laugh. He never meant it when he said I love you, everywhere that had ever come out of his mouth regarding her was a lie.

The guys were in a state of shock. Never in their lives had they ever seen Pauly cry. She was always the one in the group that was telling the others to toughen up and grow thicker skin.

Seeing her in pain, was like seeing a child get beat, it was something that got into their soul and broke their own hearts. They couldn’t help it and started crying along with her, they knelt beside her.

Tony taking her in his arms, softly caressing her hair, Paula cried into his chest and said, “They’re sick people! He made me think he loved me. I thought we were gonna be spend forever together, I wanted to have his children and play house! I was willing to play house for him, to be a housewife and mother and do everything for him! Why would he do this to me? Why?”

They couldn’t answer that question. They themselves could not wrap their minds around why he would do something so cold to her when all she had ever given him was love and appreciation.

Paula continued to sob and said, “He thinks because I’m a greaser that I ain’t got feelings. That I ain’t got a heart or soul, but I have as much heart and soul as he does. I just look fucking tough! I look like I can fucking take on the world with my tattoos and muscles, but what good is my strength when I can’t have the man that I want! WHAT FUCKING GOOD IS IT!”

She cried harder and said, “It’s because he wants someone beautiful, why would I ever think that a boy like him would love a girl like me. I’m disgusting.”

“Don’t you ever say that Pauly!”

“It’s true, what kind of girl drinks, smokes, and is covered in tattoos. Not the kind of girl you take home to mom and dad. Not that kind of girl. Look at me and look at her! She’s flawless, beautiful in every angle.”

“She ain’t beautiful to me! How about you guys?”

“Not to us either. She’s fake, typical beautiful there’s nothing bewitching about her.”

“You guys are just saying that cuz you’re my friends.”

“No we ain’t. You know we tell you when you look ugly as fuck and we’re being honest right now. You are more beautiful than that girl could ever be and Emmett he’s a fucking fool and you know what we do to people who fucking break our hearts, we break their necks.”

He was being honest. It is a well known fact that if you go steady with a Greaser you marry him and you are always faithful to him.

That’s why going steady with a greaser is such a big deal, it’s a contract for the rest of your life. Paula wanted nothing more than to kill Emmett at that moment, but she knew he couldn’t die and she wasn’t cold enough to reveal his family’s secret.

“We ain’t killing him. Not physically at least.”

“But the rules!”

“Fuck the rules right now. I ain’t killing him, none of us are.”

“But Paula he hurt you!”

“DON’T YOU THINK I FUCKING KNOW THAT! Last time I checked I was the one standing at the alter getting my fucking heart broken, and it’s my choice, my call as to whether or not he dies and right now, right now I don’t want him dead. Because if he dies, I feel that I’ll die.”

“Pauly.”

“His face is tattooed on my heart. I hate him for what he did to me, I hate him so much. But even though he’s put me through this hell my heart aches for him, my body longs for his touch.” Paula sobbed harder, she cleaned her eyes off with her tank and said, “Take out the fucking tequila I’m drowning this sorrow.”