Status: Completed.

The Wonder of You

Bye, Bye Love

Paula understood why her grandfather had always wanted her to be with James. James was perfect, well he was a perfect companion for a greaser.

He didn’t hover. He didn’t stand around trying to be all sweet and romantic in public. He didn’t try to stand next to her for everyone to see hers as his. He didn’t stay around when she told him to leave and he didn’t protest when rumbles started and he was pushed aside.

It wasn’t just what he didn’t do that made Paula care for him; it was also what he does. He always waits up for her in her room after rumbles with a first aid kit to take care of her many cuts and bumps since she had sworn off going to the hospital.

He drops off her lunch at school everyday. He brings her vanilla boysenberry milkshakes whenever she’s not in the best mood. He rubs her back and feet.

James is just the boy to help Paula get her mind off of Emmett, although her heart was constantly filled with aching for Emmett’s touch.

The two weeks before the Sadie’s Hawkins Day Dance were pretty much peaceful, except for two rumbles that went down but thankfully at these fights there were no deaths; just minor injuries.

Paula was currently at the salon getting ready. The hair wizards were working with her hair, and they were whispering about how beautiful they were going to make her look.

So beautiful that, that two timing son of a bitch Emmett was going to want to kill James the moment he set eyes on her.

Paula giggled politely at the comments made by the elderly woman, as cruel as it sounds it would make her feel quite good if Emmett wanted to beat the crap out of James, but Paula knew that Emmett didn’t want to.

After all why would he want to beat James up when he had Rosalie by his side?

Two hours later Paula’s hair and makeup was all done, and she jumped in her car to make her way to her house.

Once inside she slipped on the blood red dress that hugged her every curve, showing off her voluptuous figure.

Paula stared at herself and hiked up her dress, she placed her knife in it holder on her thigh and grabbed her coat, which hid her baseball bat.

Paula kissed her parents on the cheek quickly, ran out into her car and drove to James house. She knocked on the door and saw his beautiful grandmother there; his parents had died when he was younger, so he was raised by his grandparents.

The woman took her in her arms and kissed her cheek saying, “You look just like Esmeralda!”

“Thank you.”

“She was a sweetheart and a knockout!”

“I’ve heard.”

“Now get over here, that boys been in that bathroom for an hour doing his hair says he has to look good for you!”

“Grandma! Don’t embarrass me like that! Please!”

“I’m just saying the truth.”

James looked at Paula and his heart skipped a beat. She was the most beautiful creature that he had ever seen.

He walked over to her and kissed her lips softly and took her in a hug, he was a man of few words and even fewer romantic words but he said, “I’ve seen pretty girls in my day but none compare to you.”

Paula smiled softly as she stared at him, he may not be the man that her heart belonged to, but he was the man that she could see herself spending the rest of her life with. She kissed his cheek and too his hand in hers leading him out the door.

The Sadie’s Hawkins Dance was a big deal in town; it wasn’t a run of the mill dance. Formal dress was necessary and everyone made sure to dress to the tee.

A live jazz band was scheduled to perform for the first half of the dance and then a local rockabilly band would take the stage.

The Cullen’s came into the gym, looking amazing as always and made their way to the dance floor; immediately getting into step with the music.

Paula and James waited outside in the parking lot. They finished smoking their joint and linked hands making their way into the gym.

Paula and James smiled and made their way over to where the other Greaser’s were at. Everyone looked very handsome and they were all waiting for the Rockabilly band to arrive to get their evening going.

Paula soon grew restless and led James to the floor. The band was currently playing Unchained Melody by the Righteous Brothers so they danced with no space between them, body to body.

Paula caressed James neck, where his mother and father’s faces were tattooed.
Alice eyes quickly went out of focus, when she regained her composure; her face was stained with worry and fear.

Edward stared at Alice wide eyed when he read her thoughts. Alice ran off to where Paula was and Paula pulled her to the side.

“I had a vision.”

Paula stared at Tinkerbelle not wanting to engage her in conversation. She tried to walk off but Alice said, “Damn it! Listen to me the Scorpions will be here in twenty minutes, a huge fight is going to break out.”

Paula bit her lip and nodded without saying a word. Paula looked over at the Greasers and said, “Get the fucking Preps outta here now. Get your girls out too, a fights gonna go down here. The scorpions are coming.”

The greasers dispersed and cleared the gym out; everyone was currently in the parking lot trying to get home.

Paula grabbed her knife and cut her dress so it was four inches above her knee giving her room to move around. Paula stood there with her knife in hand and bat in the other.

She turned to James and said, “You need to get the fuck out of here.”

“Not tonight.”

“James.”

“Paula, I ain’t leavin. Tonight I stand in and fight beside you.”

“You ain’t a part of this gang. You my boy, so get!”

“No Paula! I’m fighting.”

Paula was about to open up her mouth in protest, but didn’t have the opportunity because a car carrying four Scorpions crashed through the doors of the gym.

Behind the car stormed in twenty Scorpions. The T-Birds threw their jackets to the side and rolled up their sleeves.

Paula turned to them quickly and said, “It’s a good day to die.”

Johnny slammed the door on the car and walked towards Paula, so there was only a short distance between them.

He smiled and said, “Did that boy ever get to fuck you? I bet he did that ass right there. That’s probably why he left he fucked you and moved onto other unspoiled pussy.”

James moved forward, but Paula stuck her hand out holding him back.

Johnny laughed and said, “Oh! You got a new one now? Boy Pauly you don’t waist any time! Who’s next on the list? Cuz I need to get on it, I hear you know how to work a man.”

“Are you here to fucking fight or just talk about my sex life?”

“Both.”

“Well then let me tell you this, I’ve only had one dick and he’s standing next to me. But I hear your girls been around the block, she even tried to eat me out once, but I don’t let things with dirty mouths near my pussy.”

Johnny’s eyes burned with anger, and he took a swing with his bat. The final battle was on.
The gym was a war zone; blood flowed freely from all the bodies in the room. Although the T-Birds were now in pain, they were happy that the Scorpions had finally learned how to fight properly and would actually give them a challenge.

Paula was currently fighting with one of Johnny’s goons, after Johnny had gotten stabbed by Paula he decided to run off and fight with someone less skilled. Paula had already killed one Scorpion and was working on the next one.

James had just broken a guy’s neck with his baseball bat. The adrenaline from the fighting him was like a drug, and he couldn’t stop fighting.

He turned and saw Johnny taking a gun out from his pocket. James quickly ran over to Paula knocking her out of the bullet’s path but taking the full impact.

Paula screamed when she felt James brains and blood fall all over here. She looked down at him screaming and hyperventilating, this could not be happening.

Frank and Tony walked over to Paula and tried to move her but she screamed at them to take James body and put it somewhere else.

Paula walked outside into the parking lot and grabbed a shovel from the side and began walking towards Johnny

“Come out mother fucker and face me like a fucking man you pansy!”

Johnny walked out with his gun in hand she spat on the floor and said, “WHAT! Your ass needs a gun to be able to take me out?”

“I don’t need this fucking gun.”

“Then let’s settle this like Greasers!”

He threw the gun to the side and grabbed a bat; the pair circled around each other and finally lunged. Taking shots at each other.

Paula stuck her leg behind him causing Johnny to fall to the floor. She spat at him and started swinging at him with the shovel and then with one miscalculated swing his head came off.

Paula screamed when she saw his head come off. Sure she’d killed a couple people in her day but she had never decapitated someone.

Four Scorpions ran out when they heard Paula’s scream. Running out into the parking lot they were welcomed by the sight of a beheaded Johnny and a blood stained and crazed looking Paula.

They breathed heavily Johnny was their brother! They charged at Paula and it took all four of them to pin her down.

They took the baseball bat and swung at her legs breaking them. Paula screamed in pain she tried to break from their grasp, but knew there was no use she couldn’t walk.

“You stupid bitch! Fucking killed our cousin! You fucking T-Birds are no good always trying to make yourselves seem like you’re better than us but you ain’t! T-Birds ain’t shit! Right now we’ll fucking kill you and then, oh baby, we’ll make sure you’re parents get it.”

“You keep them out of this!”

“NO!”

“I respected your families and your women and your preps! You’re the ones that don’t know shit about the rules and tradition!”

Paula was about to continue but the bat collided with her stomach. She hugged her stomach in pain. The boy knelt down next to her and whispered into her ear, “You’re gonna die and no one’s gonna save you.”

It’s funny how at that moment all Paula could think about was being in Emmett’s cold arms, and feeling safe.

She opened her mouth slightly, it was getting harder to breath and blood began coming into her mouth. She coughed harshly, as she opened her eyes she saw the boy loading the gun.
Paula grabbed her black and white pearl rosary, and smiled as her mind lost itself in memories of a happier time.

She saw herself running as a five year old with her parents fretting over here. She was sitting on her grandfathers lap as he told her stories about the old days, and finally she was waking up and staring into Emmett’s beautiful golden eyes.

Paula closed her eyes and quietly told herself, “It’s a good day to die.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello! This isn't the end there is a sequel :)