Status: Completed.

The Wonder of You

The Truth

“Are you alright Paula?”

“That’s their car.”

“What car?”

Paula pointed at the 1954 Cadillac in the driveway. Leah had never seen the Cullen’s with that car; they were always driving around in flashy modern vehicles.

Leah turned to Paula and hugged her she whispered in her ear, “It’ll be ok. I have to go home because my husband and kids are in need of breakfast but call me if you need anything.”

“thank you so much for your kindness.”

Paula grabbed a pair of her pants and a shirt from the clothesline and put it on. She closed her eyes and did a bit of stretching then deemed herself ready to go into the house.

All eyes were on Paula when she walked into the house. There in the living room were the Cullen’s with large smiles spread across their faces.

Paula walked straight pass them, not acknowledging their existence and made her way to the kitchen where all the others were sitting down waiting for breakfast.

She kissed Emily good morning on the cheek and helped her serve the plates, placing them in front of each boy. She felt the eyes of the Cullen’s on her back, but refused to talk to them.

She sat at the table next to Embry and as soon as Embry sat down he said, “You stink like weed!”

“Cuz I was smoking a little bit ago!”

“You smoke?”

“Yes, genius.”

“Is that why you can eat so much?”

“Indeed, I always have the mad munchies. Munch, munch, munch.”

Jasper felt the pain and sadness that his siblings were feeling. They had all expected to come to La Push and just have Paula run into their arms forgiving them.

Of course Jasper didn’t expect that at all, he knew Paula better.

He knew that she would at some point throw a fit and end up damaging the car, that’s why he brought his, he figured if anyone’s car should be damaged it would be his for being such a god awful friend.

Alice stood up when she saw Paula making her way towards the door, she stretched her hands out for a hug, but Paula just walked around her making her way out the door into the front yard.

She walked outside into onto the house’s lawn and knew that the Cullen’s and wolves were following her.

Paula was beyond annoyed, and finally she snapped. She turned to the Cullen’s and screamed out

“What the fuck is your PROBLEM!”

They were taken aback by this, and Edward said, “We just want to make things right between us, we miss you.”

Alice spoke up and said, “we didn’t even do anything wrong! It was all Emmett!”

“Do you think I’m fucking retarded? I know what you did! You were all in on it! You move from town to town and because you all have so much time on your hands you take pleasure in playing with the lives of humans!”

The Cullen’s were stunned, and literally were incapable of talking. Paula narrowed her eyes and looked at Jasper with hot tears streaming down her face.

She was angry, frustrated, hurt, and tired of running from them. Jasper felt the intense pain Paula was going through and tried to calm her down.

Bad idea.

Paula felt Jasper trying to suppress her pain and rage and replace it with happiness and she grew angrier.

Paula had made Jasper swear never to use his power unless she specifically asked him too, and this was an invasion of her being.

Somehow, and no one really knows how, Paula found a nice steel baseball bat.

As soon as that bat was in her hands, Paula ran over to the Cullen’s Cadillac and started wailing on it the harder Jasper tried to calm her down the harder she hit the car with the bat.

Finally she couldn’t take it anymore and she screamed she threw the bat at Jasper which of course did nothing and said, “YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE! I trusted you like you were my own brother AND YOU LIED TO ME! You lied to me about me being your best friend and your always being there for me! You didn’t want to see me happy; you just wanted to play a game with me just like the others! You don’t care about me.”

Jasper rushed to her side and said, “Don’t you ever say that. You hear me? I never lied to you. You are and will always be my best friend, my little sister.”

“Southern gentleman aren’t supposed to lie.”

“Paula Marie Lombardi. I have killed numerous people through the years, I have stolen, but I have never lied.”

“So why is it that everything went down with me and Emmett? Why is that a huge wedding was planned and then it was all stopped by his mate! TELL ME!”

Jasper grew quiet, Alice saw the look on his face and knew he was in great emotional turmoil. She stepped forward and said, “We weren’t playing with your emotions. I didn’t know Rosalie was coming back.”

At that moment Paula realized that the Cullen’s weren’t playing with her, she should’ve felt relieved but instead she got more upset because this meant that the Cullen’s had betrayed Rosalie, a member of their own family.

If there was something Paula couldn’t stand in a person, it was someone that would turn their back on their family, and that’s what they all were.

“You fucking betrayed Rosalie then?!”

“No! It’s just I had a vision and if she stayed here then it would’ve been harder for Emmett and you to get together. I was doing what was best for everyone by sending her to France!”

“YOU FUCKING SENT HER TO FRANCE!?”

Edward and Bella saw Alice growing afraid and stepped forward to defend Alice’s actions. Bella looked at her and said, “Shouldn’t you be thankful that Alice did that? If not you would’ve never met Emmett!”

“Listen here you cunt face fuck!”

As soon as those words left her mouth, Rosalie began paying attention to the conversation. Paula exhaled and continued, “How dare you fucking try and tell me what I should be. I ain’t thankful. Why the fuck would I be thankful that I caused another person such sorrow and anger!”

“It’s just Rosalie.”

Rosalie was about to open her mouth, but Paula got literally all up in Bella’s face and said, “You’re fucking jealous of her aren’t you! She’s the vampire that was never nice to you, and you know what she had good reasons not to be nice to you! You’re boring, annoying, can’t think for yourself! You need to constantly be reminded of your worth by Edward in fact you’re always up his ass. You’re not independent in the least bit, you’re the type of woman that give women everywhere a bad name! You’re the stereotypical damsel in distress and you’re not even BEAUTIFUL! You’re fucking jealous of Rosalie because she’s drop dead gorgeous and she’s independent and witty!”

Bella looked as if she had just been slapped hard across the face, she tried to come up with a comeback but the only thing that came to mind was, “I am beautiful.”

“The only reason you’re beautiful is because you are a vampire. But I’m gonna let you in on a secret. You’re the plainest looking vampire in the Cullen household, all of them are more gorgeous than you and you know why because they were gorgeous when they were human. You were and always will be a plain Jane vampire or not.”

Bella started sobbing, well she vampire sobbed you know she made the sounds but the waterworks didn’t show up.

Edward came at Paula snarling at her menacingly but Paula didn’t give up any ground she stood there glaring at him her blood boiling.

Paula looked at him and said, “Don’t talk to her like that!”

“What the fuck are you gonna do bite me? DO IT! I fucking dare you.”

“Don’t be ridiculous. Just remember your place and don’t talk to her like that!”

“My place? What is my place enlighten me? Am I supposed to shut the fuck up whenever you tell me too and be at your beck and call like Bella? The only reason you’re mad is because you know I’m telling the truth and it bothers you. It bothers you when others think that Bella is always doing what you want her too because it makes you feel like a monster. Oh I’m Edward Cullen, I’m such a bastard. Suck it up cry baby. You dislike Rosalie, because hmm let me think I’ll get this one.”

Paula sat there staring back and forth between Rosalie and Edward

“Because Rosalie doesn’t care for Bella and you, needing everyone to approve of everything and everyone in your life! That’s why you’re with Bella because you could kill her and she’d still be cheering you on!”

Edward felt like a fool, in over the hundred years of his existence no one had ever spoken to him like that and he couldn’t even talk back because it was all true.

The anger in Paula subsided and she walked over to Rosalie who was standing behind all of them. Paula looked up at the woman who had ruined all of her hopes of a happy life, but she wasn’t angry; she was sorry, sorry that she had caused Rosalie so much pain.

Although it hurt her to admit it, Paula knew that she had no place with the Cullen’s. They were vampires, she was a greaser and had to be in her town it was a duty she owed the people. Emmett was never hers, he was always Rosalie’s and that would never be changed.

Rosalie stared at the strange human Paula, she was shocked at the fact that Paula was defending her against her siblings in such a bold fashion and went Paula stood before her all she could do was stare.

“I’m terribly sorry for any pain or sorrow that I have caused you I swear that it was not my intention at all. If I knew then what I know now, I would’ve stayed as far away from your mate as humanly possible. I wish you a very happy and loving eternity by his side and I hope that one day you can find it in your heart to forgive me.”

Paula walked away and grabbed her bag that contained the clothes that Emily had walked over to her. She thanked Emily for her kindness and bid the pack farewell. She slid her helmet on and smiled at Rosalie, and started her bike doing what she does best . . . she left.