Moonlight Requisition

Cooper

Sitting in study hall, I stared at the book in front of me. My eyes were reading the words, but my mind wasn't processing anything. I was too preoccupied with something else. I couldn't stop thinking about the dream I had last night. I'd never had a dream like it and for some reason it felt so real. Oddly, I remembered every vivid detail.

I fell asleep around midnight. My eyes fell closed and it felt like they opened only a minute later. I sat up in bed and rubbed my eyes. The clock was blinking at 12:00, which was weird since the clock was set before I went to sleep. I got out of bed and left my room. Walking down the stairs, I noticed how quiet the house was. Although everyone was usually asleep by now, someones snoring would always be heard.

I shook off the weird feeling in my stomach and entered the kitchen. Instinctively, I flipped the light switch and opened the fridge. None of the lights came on and the fridge smelled of rotten food. I told myself that a fuse blew.

I left the kitchen and went into the living room, where Cat, the cat, would be. She was laying on the couch in a ball. I rubbed her back and awaited her comforting purr, but it never happened. I told myself that she was in a deep sleep.

Sighing, I went outside to sit on the front porch. I gazed at the sky, searching for any stars, and that's when everything came crashing down. The stars were nowhere to be found, but the moon was brightly shining. However, it wasn't it's usual white, it was a dark grayish color. The moon alone was enough to scare me.

I tried to tell myself that it was just a dream. I tried to tell myself that the moon was going through the new moon phase and the sun just accidentally shone on it. My heartbeat was accelerating and my breathing became labored. I was freaking out and every time I tried to trick myself it failed.

My eyes wandered to the street in front of me and I froze all together. They were everywhere. These transparent people were everywhere and their green eyes were focused on me. I was terrified. Why were they all looking at me? My eyes met those of a female ghost in a frilly dress. Her eyes were inviting. They were telling me to join them.

Cautiously I walked towards her. I was too afraid to notice how much my hands were shaking. I was too caught up with how absolutely terrified I was to acknowledge the loud echo of my heartbeat. The woman held her hand out and just like the movies, I mirrored her actions. Our fingertips were almost touching when she suddenly pulled back.

Surprised by her actions, I looked around and once again, I was frozen by fear. The inviting green of their eyes was gone and replaced by a menacing red. They were all looking behind me, so I turned around and saw a person, who wasn't a ghost. The ghosts paused for a second and then took off in the other direction. I stood in the middle of the chaos and for some reason the female ghost remained next to me.

The other human started running towards us and the female ghost ran with the others. I was still frozen, but I jumped into action when someone spoke to me.

"Run."

I sprinted down the street and was very aware of the footsteps of the person behind me. I turned the corner and I heard the person yell my name.

"COOPER?" I turned around just in time to see her. Then everything went black.


Jane walked through the library doors and my eyes were immediately glued to her. She met my gaze, but looked away after a second. I wonder if she could tell I was trying to understand her. I was trying to figure her out. For the entire period, I stared at her. I sensed how uncomfortable she was, but I didn't really care.

All I cared about was why she was there. Why was Jane the person who yelled my name?
♠ ♠ ♠
God this is so late. I was terribly sick so I'm sorry about that.
Thanks to Aliceislost for commenting and subscribing. And thanks to everyone else.
This is my Christmas present to you, so Merry Christmas.
How about you send me some xmas cheer by commenting?

-Cee