Moonlight Requisition

Cooper

She had been avoiding me all week. I'm not really sure what I did, but I wasn't going to let the girl of my dreams (literally) ignore my presence. So when study hall finally arrived, I made a beeline for her table and tapped her shoulder.

"Hi," she squeaked. I considered that an invitation, so I sat next to her.

"Hi Jane, how are you?" The small piece of paper in her hand looked suspicious. I tried craning my neck to see but she caught me just in time.

"I'm fine. You?"

"I'm fabulous. What is on that paper?" My casual demeanor was really just a front. On the inside, I was dying to know.

"Nothing important, some homework crap," Jane shrugged.

"Oh cool, so-" I was cut off by a short girl. She grabbed Jane's arm and started shouting in the library.

"Jane, I've been looking all over for you!" Jane stood up and grabbed her backpack.

"I've been here," she laughed.

"Ughh, well let's get going." The short girl shot a smile at me and walked off.

"Bye Cooper," Jane said before hurrying to catch up with her friend.

"Bye," I yelled. I sat at the table, trying to figure out just how fast that moment went to shit. I gathered my things, about to leave, when I noticed a small piece of paper. It was the paper that Jane wouldn't let me see. I sat back down and read it. It was completely in Spanish and I translated it easily.

"I shouldn’t be talking to you."

"Listen closely dear, don’t look anything in the eye. Walk fast and keep your chin up."

"You're a lot like the others before you. But I sense something different. Though you do look like her. I feel something different, something more. More energy, more more more."

"I need to go, this conversation never happened. If you need anything I will know. I will help you, but only when I can."

"Don’t be needy dear."

"Goodbye."

"And don’t talk to him."


I had a feeling the note was about me. Is this note the reason she'd been avoiding me? I wonder who said these things to her. They almost didn't make any sense. What is Jane hiding and why do I feel like I'm a part of it?
♠ ♠ ♠
complete shit. sorry.