What Has Become Of Me?

I Never Signed Up For This

The car pulled to a halt. It felt good knowing that I was no longer trapped in the vehicle which was likely to suddenly disintegrate because of it’s age and condition. I took a deep breath hoping to calm the sudden nervousness.

“Nathan should keep the guys on their best behaviour” Dom tells me, “Nothin’ to worry about.”

With a final grin and nod from Dominick, I climbed out of the car.

What if these men aren’t on their best behaviour? What if I’m trapped inside the house full of strange men with super human strength that aren’t ‘on their best behaviour? The thought causes me to falter in my step. They haven’t seen me yet. I could turn on my heel and leave, they wouldn’t know a thing. Before I can even think about returning to the car, the front door slams open. My eyes widen at the men standing in the door way. All three return my eye contact which gives some kind of signal for a full on charge. The one in the middle is incredibly tall and his long strides cause him to advance on me quicker than the rest. I stumble backwards wondering why on Earth this attack is warranted. Their grins scare me as I try to return to Dom in some hopes of protection. Their speed could never match mine. I turn on my heel but barely make three steps before strong arms encircle my waist. A yelp escapes my lips as I’m hoisted up over the tallest man’s shoulders.

“Brian!” Dominick barks then laughs.

The man carrying me over his shoulder is much taller than I thought and the prospect of being dropped from this height is dizzying.

“Yes?” the man, presumably named Brian, asks feigning innocence.

“Put her down, no need to terrify her” Dom laughs.

I am unable to see anything but Brian’s back, I beat my fists against it.

“Drop her?” he asks in an evil tone before shrugging.

His grip loosens slightly and I cling to his shirt with all my might.

“No!” I yell.

Brian thankfully secures his grip again.

“See? She loves it” Brian tells Dom.

Suddenly a much shorter man jumps at me as I hang upside down.

“Hi” he suddenly pipes up.

His face just about level with mine, showing just how short he is. I just grimace at him. First impressions are lasting impressions, and I doubt I’ll ever forget my first encounter with Brian. The man before me is missing a shirt and shoes. His only clothing being a navy pair of three-quarter pants. From one of his ears a small masculine stud. He shakes his head for a moment to clear the tousled brown hair from his eyes.

“M’lady” he says suddenly acting as if he is a gentleman greeting a woman, a woman definitely not hanging on to another man’s light beige shirt for dear life.

“Sebastian is the name but you can call me Seb” His tone turning from gentlemanly and calm to excited in less than a second.

Before I can introduce myself to Sebastian, a man at least four inches taller than him shoves Seb away. His blazing aquamarine eyes are the first thing that catches my attention, so unique and inhuman in appearance.

“Out of the way shorty” the taller man says as Seb regains his balance.

“I called dibs! And I’m not short, you're just freakishly large!” Seb yells pouting like a two year old.

“Shh, it’s suppose to be a surprise later on in bed for her to find out how ‘freakishly large’ I am” the man says winking at me and earning a mortified expression, then he continues on “Anyway, you so didn’t call dibs.”

“Did too”

“Did not”

“Yeah”

“Nah!”

“I so did!” Seb punctuates his declaration with a shove to the taller ones shoulder.

Before it can turn to an alright brawl with my head scarily close and unprotected, the man named Brian cuts in.

“No one called dibs, so shot-y double dibs on new chick!” I can feel the vibration from his deep voice through his chest.

Are they actually arguing over me while I am still hanging here? Seb and the other man glare at Brian’s back causing me to sink back against it, wishing to avoid the death in their eyes.

“Knock it off” Dom says, still outside of my view, “We all know I was the one who got to see her naked this morning.”

I just frown, wishing to disappear. My head starts hurting as the blood rushes to it.

“You have to link my mind that memory!” Seb screams running over to where Dom is presumably in front of Brian.

“I’m Jett, by the way” the man with the curiously coloured eyes introduces himself.

His hair cut also stands out because while the others have their hair slightly long so it’s just able to fall in their eyes, Jett’s hair is completely cut off from a probably recent buzz cut.

“Anika” I murmur to him as I grow dizzy from the blood continuing to rush to my head.

“To the inside world!” Seb suddenly yells before sprinting past me with his head down and right arm raised in a fist to the sky.

“He’s like this all the time” Jett informs me with a roll of his eyes.

I force a weak smile, then suddenly Brian starts running causing me to face the agony of bumping along on his shoulder. Dom follows behind, as with Jett.

“Save me” I mouth to the pair of them as my ribs are hit with Brian’s rock hard shoulder.

Dom smiles apologetically. I raise my head slightly, hoping to lessen the affect of the blood, but suddenly it’s bumped on the top of the door frame.

“Frick!” I yell as the pain pulses through me.

Brian chuckles sending vibrations through me.

“You alright there, darlin’?” he asks with a smile; evident from his tone of voice.

“No” I pout, “because some giant is trying to kidnap me”

He gasps.

“Where is he?” he demands “I shall save you, my damsel in distress.”

He jumps around from side to side, swinging me with him.

“Dom help!” I command as I’m swished from side to side.

“Brian, play nice” an older, more authoritative voice instructs.

“I’ll never share, and you’ll never catch me alive!” Brian yells before running through the house with me clinging to his back.

I hear a sliding door open, and suddenly Brian is running me into the backyard. He dives into the bushes then comes to a stop while kneeling down. I seize the opportunity and leap from his shoulder. Dizziness overtakes me as the blood rushes back down from my head.

“We’ll be safe here” Brian tells me.

I punch his shoulder, it probably hurts my knuckles more than his rock hard shoulder but it makes me feel a little better inside.

“What’s that for?” he pouts.

“For trying to kill me” I state.

The trees Brian has dived into, offer little to no coverage to hide his massive hulk of a body.

The short, Seb emerges from the door with Jett and another man in tow.

“I wonder where Brian could be hiding” the unfamiliar man calls out sarcastically.

“He’s off screwing my bride to be!” Seb accuses.

Jett scoffs at this.

“Bride to be?” Jett asks “Does she even know of that title yet?”

“She’s agreed but doesn’t know yet” Seb explains.

Jett nods as if understanding. I’ve been here less than five minutes and I’m already apparently a bride to be?

“Brian, stop screwing my blushing bride!” Seb yells staring at us.

Brian stands up, towering over me.

“I don’t screw!” he defends as I stand up wearily, the sudden feel of his hands on my hips makes me freeze “I make love.”

He moves his body close to mine and I pry his fingers off me.

“Away” I growl the single word at him.

“Stop messing around in the bushes!” the unfamiliar man calls with a wicked grin as Jett slouches against the door way, “You know that’s my duty.”

All three guys roll their eyes, making no remarks. Brian’s hand touches the small of my back causing me to leap away.

“Wasn’t going to rape you, just going to guide you back” he tells me “besides, how can it be rape if you’ll be all over me by the end of the meeting?”

I roll my eyes and walk back to the doorway and stand beside Jett. At least Jett seems safer. The grin on the other man causes me to feel suddenly exposed.

“Nathan’s waiting for us” Jett informs the group, seeming bored now that the excitement had worn off.

Seb gasps, grabbing my hand.

“We can’t keep our poor Nate-y, mate-y waiting” he tells us in a babyish voice.

I’m dragged through the doorway by the man that seems to be just one big, or rather small, ball of energy. Never again will I be able to call my life boring, especially after what I’d witnessed to be my welcome.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello all,
well this chapter couldn't wait to get out so it seems reader participation challenge is gone. Hope you enjoyed this.
Favourite characters? And why?

Thanks for reading/subscribing and hopefully commenting. Big thanks to Bella, my Beta, for making this possible.

Lurking_shadow