What Has Become Of Me?

How Could This Get Any Better?

“A homely home” Seb replies as I struggle to save myself from being sandwiched between him and Brian.
“Damn! Why did I leave to get a drink?” I hear Chase ask from somewhere in the room.
I stop struggling, giving in. My strength might be pretty impressive for a girl my size but it is no match for two full grown werewolves. Time for a new strategy.
“Chase! Save me!” I scream out, which must be muffled by Brian’s chest as Seb crushes me tighter.

“Chase to the rescue!” Chase exclaims, then suddenly extra weight is added to the dog pile which has formed, with me trapped in the middle.
“What are you doing?” I demand struggling again.
“Joining in” Chase’s voice sounds from behind me.
“I hate you all!” I yell wriggling around.
All three men just laugh.
“What the Hell is going on?” Jett demands.
“They’re trying to kill me!” I scream before the other guys can answer.
“Hmm, killing” Jett says slowly as if pondering something, “Not normally my cup of tea, but by the looks of it you either have a dog pile here or an orgy. The presence of clothes tells me it’s a dog pile, now that is definitely my cup of tea.”

“Jett if you jump on here I swear to-” my threat is cut off as the breath is knocked from me.
This is not a way I like being woken up.
“Hey guys” comes the casual greeting from Dom.
They all respond with a hi or hey.
“Seen where Anika got to?” he asks and I hear his footsteps move around the room obviously searching for me.
Before I scream out for him to save me or lose his chance at having Dom juniors, a hand snakes from beneath me and covers my mouth. I snap at whoever’s hand it is but they remain holding me.
“Nope” Jett replies from the top of the pile.
I struggle but it is no use, it’s a wonder I’m still able to breathe with this weight on top of me.
“Oh well” Dom replies, “When she turns up tell her I’m going home and Nathan has dropped me home, can I trust you four to care for her?”
“Sure thing” They all reply at the exact same time.
“Good-o” Dominick the stupid says before leaving.
I hear his footsteps plod off away from where I am trapped. Is he insane? Two sets of footsteps leave through the front door. Nathan’s car parked outside starts and the noise vanishes as it leaves. I bite down harshly on the hand covering my mouth and actually taste blood.
“Ow!” Brian exclaims and shoves the other three men off me.
They tumble to the ground but before I can jump to my feet, Brian’s other arm wraps tight around my waist.
“What the Hell?” Jett yells pushing himself to his feet.

“She bit me!” Brian exclaims in and astonished tone.
“You deserved it, now let go” I struggle in his lap kicking and hitting him.
Nothing seems to work. His body is just so tough and muscular. “If you don’t let go of me this instant I will cut off your testicles!”
In an instant I’m pushed onto the ground. Before anyone else can think of pinning me, I jump to my feet and back away a few paces. All four men receive death glares.
“I hate you all” I hiss.
Seb pretends to be upset.
“No!” he exclaims with a fake sniffle as he throws himself at me.
I leap aside but he catches my ankle. Furiously I tug my leg along but he holds firm. This man, two years older than me is clutching my ankle begging me to ‘just love him’ and asking ‘how I could say that to him’. Once I realise there is no way I’m freeing myself, I sigh and bend down.
“Fine, I don’t hate you Seb” I say, “I just have a strong dislike for you.”
“Yay!” Seb squeals, getting up and crushing me in a hug.
How could Dom strand me here like that? These guys act like ten year olds, even though they are years older than me.

Chase is sprawled out on the ground while Brian lies across the double seater lounge chair and Jett hangs himself across an old arm chair.
“Someone has to take me home” I say.
They all shrug.
“Stay for a while, you know you want to” Chase grins lazily.
Instead of replying to Chase I throw a question out to whoever will answer, “How could Dom do this to me?”

“Dom knows that you need to have a bit of fun, that’s all” Jett says.
“I’d rather gouge my eyes out with a rusty spoon” I state matter-of-factly.
“I know where we could show her some fun” Chase says as an evil smirk finds its way onto his face, “What do you say?”
“Yes!” Brian exclaims excitedly in his booming voice.
Seb shrugs but Jett looks wary.
“Are you sure? Nathan may not like that” Jett says.
“What Nathan doesn't know, won’t hurt him” Chase says brushing the matter aside.
“No, no and, let me think, no” I say quickly.
“Oh but Anika, you have no choice” Chase says jumping to his feet just as Brian does, both wearing the same smirk that drives my wolf insane but makes me scared for my safety.
I shake my head then turn bolting for the door, heavy footsteps following me. Just as Chase dives to tackle me, I leap aside gracefully. My feet but whispers on the flooring. My mind is racing with the same thought; got to get away, I’ve just got to get away. I run into what looks to be a kitchen. I throw myself over the counter just as Brian tries to grab my shoulders. He and I stand either side of the counter, staring each other down.
“Oh Anika” he calls sweetly, “won’t you come away from that bench?”
“Go to hell Brian” I tell him as a smile threatens to reach my face.
The thrill of a chase has got my blood pumping and adrenalin pulsing through me. Brian’s eyes never leave mine, which is why I scream when strong arms wrap around my waist. Where the hell did they come from?
“Got ya!” Chase yells in triumph.

“Put me down!” I command as I struggle.
“Not until I know you won’t run, did you know I've never been outraced like that?” He tells me.
A growl rips from my vocal cord that sounds more animal than human. His arrogance falters for a moment as I silently struggle the burning sensation that was trying to spread through my limbs. All my skin just tingles.
“Don’t go hulk on us” Brian jokes once he sees I've won against my wolf, this time.
“Brian, why don’t you just go-” before I can finish my sentence Jett clears his throat from the door behind us that Chase must have used to creep up on me.
“Shall we get ready?” he asks with a raised eyebrow.

Both men nod.
“Alright, Seb and I will be a moment.” Jett says before walking away.
“ Aren't you going to get ready?” I ask Brian and Chase hoping for a chance to slip away and use the phone perched on the wall opposite the bench. Maybe I can call Dom and convince him that it’s in his best interests to collect me from this place.
“We will, but once we go to our houses, just as you will beautify yourself once we invade your home.” Brian replies.
“This is Jett’s place?” I ask, observing the lovely décor.
“Yeah, he and Seb room together” Brian explains, “ split the rent on the apartment.”
I nod in understanding.

“To the car!” Seb exclaims, snatching up my arm and dragging me along with Chase still holding me.
For a moment I’m nearly pulled in two but Chase starts to waddle along, with me still trapped against him.

“Where are you taking me?” I ask now trapped in the backseat of Jett’s large black four-wheel drive.
“To get some fun and to welcome you formally to the pack” Seb chirps from the passenger seat as Jett starts the drive to Brian’s place.
Both Seb and Jett are dressed up just enough to not be considered in casual wear, but just under formal; their attire sits between the two.
“I thought I was one of the pack next month” I say confused.
“Well technically, fine, we are welcoming you to the world of the wolves” Seb corrects.
“I have a bad feeling about this...what time is it?”
“Just on four o’clock” Brian replies from beside me.
How did I end up wedged between Brian and Chase, the two biggest guys? I should have fought more for the passenger seat, but it is hard when suddenly Brian grabs your legs as Chase catches your shoulders and they carry you into the back seat. Wait four o’clock! I’ve been missing from home for twenty-four hours; my parents will be worried sick.

“I have to call my parents” I tell the guys.
“It’s a ploy!” Seb accuses pointing a finger at me “She’s going to call for help to escape us!”
I just shake my head at him.
“You’ll be home soon enough, but we aren’t stopping for long” Chase tells me.

The car slows to a halt outside of an old brick house.
“This is my stop” Brian says before jumping out.
He runs quickly to the front door as the engine idles.
“I bet he takes thirty minutes to get ready” Jett says, watching as the front door slams shut.
“Nope, he’ll take longer than that” Chase disagrees “More like fifty minutes.”
“I bet he’ll surprise us all with ten minutes” Seb says.
“Alright. Ten dollars each on the dashboard” Jett says as they all reach into their pockets.
I just roll my eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy Christmas all and have a merry new year!

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. I wonder where Anika is being taken.

Thanks so much to my Beta Bella.
Thank you all for reading/subscribing/ hopefully commenting.

Lurking_shadow