Clouds

Chapter 1

My heartbeat was rapid as I slowly made my way down the deserted street. It was like the whole world was crashing around me. The houses around me were slowly closing in on me and it was getting harder to breath. I fell to the ground, the hard gravel below digging into my knees. It wasn’t sudden, but it wasn’t expected either, and everything just went black. I woke up what felt like moments later, but I wasn’t in the same place. The walls surrounding me were white, blinding white. I sat up, and the blankets that were covering me fell halfway down my body.

“Hello?” I yelled out, but nobody answered. I flung my legs over the side of the bed I was in and tried to stand up, but a pain in my side forced me to stay sitting. There was a man in a black leather jacket and ash grey jeans sitting in an armchair in the corner, who appeared to be asleep.

“Sir?” The man in the armchair stirred slightly, lifting up his head and blinking his eyes open.

“You’re awake…” he said quietly, wiping the sleep out of his eyes.

“I realised that…” I said looking away from him towards the door, “who are you?”

“Oh, um, I’m Jeff, I found you outside my house this morning.” He said, looking down at his feet.

“Oh.”

“You’re in hospital, the doctors should be back soon.”

“Why am I in hospital?” The door I was staring at suddenly opened, and a man with dark black hair wearing a long white coat walked in. He grabbed a clipboard and looked up at me sitting on the edge of the bed.

“I’m Doctor Reed,” he said putting his hand out. I shook it slowly, looking at him with a questioning expression. “Sir, if you could leave us for a moment, I need a private word with… I’m sorry, what’s your name?”

“Isabella.”

“I need a private word with Isabella.”

“Of course.” Jeff said getting up and leaving the room, glancing back at me as he left.

“Hello Isabella, I’m going to need to ask you some questions, if you could just get comfortable.” I pushed myself up with my hands, so that I was now sitting in the bed.

“What’s your full name?”

“Isabella Samantha Jones”

“When were you born?”

“January 16th, 1984”

“What is today’s date?”

“July 26th, 1999”

“What’s the last thing you remember?”

“My mum was dropping me off at school. Can I go home? My mum will be mad if I’m home to late.”

“Isabella, I’m afraid you’re going to have to stay here a little longer, we need to run some tests. I’m going to be sending in a man in a little bit, to talk to you about what’s going to be happening to you.” He said walking out of the room, the door slamming behind him.

“Wait, what do you mean?” I yelled after him. I sighed, sinking into my bed.

2 hours later

“Good afternoon Miss Jones,” said a raspy voice. I turned around and saw an old man with white hair, paired with a mid-length white beard.

“Hello.” I said shortly. They’d told me I had an appointment, and that I was to wait in his office for him. “What’s going on with me?”

“Isabella, there’s no easy way to say this, but you have amnesia. The date today is December 2nd, 2009, and I’m sorry to tell you this, but your mother and father died 3 years ago in a car accident.” Tears filled my eyes and spilled over, my parents were dead, and I couldn’t even remember the last time I saw them?

“How?” I said through the tears, as my throat closed up.

“You were attacked, Isabella, they stabbed you in the side, and twice in the leg. When you fell down, you knocked your head on the ground and lost part of your memory. I’m so sorry.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmm... Comments would be awesome.