Clouds

Chapter 2

I sat down on the bench in the middle of Trenthem Park, staring up at the clouds, just watching them move. Everything felt right when I just stared at the clouds. It had been 4 years since I'd lost my memory, and I still hadn't gotten those 10 years of my life back, but I had a new life now. James Reed was such an amazing doctor, and last year, he finally asked me on a date. He had two kids, two beautiful kids, Samantha and Johnny, twins, both 6 years old. People always ask me if losing your memory is a horrible thing to go through, and it is, but I like to think of it as a second chance, I found my old boyfriend not to long ago, and the stuff he told me about myself was just horrible.

"Bella," I turned my head back to eye level, and saw James standing there. I smiled and got up, walking towards him.

"Where are the kids?" I asked, linking my hand in his, as my heartbeat started beating rapidly and my stomach got butterflies.

"With Gran. We're alone tonight." I grinned at James, as he bent down slightly and pecked me on the lips. We walked in silence until we got back to our place. I walked in first, and turned on the lights, taking off my coat and putting it in the cupboard under the stairs. I heard music coming from the dinning room, and curious, I walked in. The dining table was set with two candles and some fancy china, with a pot roast sitting in the middle. I smiled and looked up at James, as he pulled out a chair for me. I sat down, as he waked around the table and sat in his own chair.

"Happy anniversary" he said, smiling, but my own faltered. I'd forgotten. My memory still wasn't that great. "Don't worry," he said, "just being here is all I want from you."