‹ Prequel: Girl I Know

Nothing Else Matters

002

Sophie's P.O.V

2 Months Later


I was sitting in my shop along with Amy,my other assistant.The sun was shining even though it was late November and the temperature was rising as the days flew by.Kids were riding along the side walks with their bikes and skateboards while adults and business men walked by with their classy attire and brief cases.

The shop was a success but lately,no one seemed to be interested in tattoos and piercings at all.It seemed like the fade was over and kids were on to different things.

That's why Amy and I were just lounging in the front parlor scanning through magazines over a hot cup of Starbucks Coffee.

The bell dinged as the front door to the shop opened.I laughed along with something Amy had mentioned and pushed my hair from my shoulders to gaze at the man whom had walked through and made an appearance.

He was familiar.A small yet chubby body structure,the hair was short,dark and combed to the side for a marvelous view of his beautiful green eyes.The purple collared shirt propped and hidden underneath his leather jacket fitted his form nicely along with his tight skinny jeans.

My eyes grew wide and the words stuttered from my mouth,"Zacky?"

He twisted his lips as his eyes fell on me,then a brief yet friendly smile escaped onto his lips,"Hey Soph,how're you doin'?"

Amy tossed me a curious look as I placed down the magazine on the front desk and quickly rounded the table to wrap Zacky into a tight hug.I couldn't help myself but give him a whiff that smelled like vanilla and strawberries,an odd smell for a man but I dug it.

"I'm great,Zack.How about you?"I asked pulling away from him.I instantly crossed my arms over my chest,a habit that I've formed over the past couple months.

Zacky ran his hand through his short dark hair and stuck both of them into the pockets of his leather jacket,"Good.I'm doing good.I was just in the neighborhood and saw the shop.Thought I'd stop by and say hello."

I giggled,"Well that's mighty nice of you."I teased,"So how are the others? You guys back from touring yet?"

He sighed,"Yeah,for a couple days,then we have to go do a secret show."

"Ah,that sounds exciting."I mumbled,shifting on the balls of my feet.I noticed Zacky toss a look over my shoulder towards Amy.I followed his gaze then turned back to him,"Would you like to go get some lunch? There's not much work to do here and I'm sort of hungry."

"Ugh.Sure,I'm kind of starving myself,"Zacky chuckled rubbing his stomach.I nodded and walked back over to the desk,leaning over and grabbing my jacket.

"Watch the shop for a couple,Amy.Just running out to get some food."

Amy looked up from her magazine,having some of her blond locks to fall in her face,"Cool.Can you grab me some grub as well?"

"Sure.I'll look on the menu while I'm there and grab you something,"I said throwing my jacket over my shoulders and nodding towards Zacky.We both left the shop and headed towards my car when Zacky stopped me.

"We should take my car,"He said placing his hand on my shoulder.I cocked my brow,"I'll just drop you off when we're done."

"Alrighty,"I said as we retraced our steps and walked up the block towards his car.I covered my face from the on coming wind that was blowing our way.My hands began to freeze and the sun suddenly disappeared behind the clouds,"It's fucking freezing out here,man!"

"I know,dude.I went out and bought myself a new jacket earlier on,"Zacky said as he walked to the drivers side of the car.He unlocked it and we both slid in,applying both of our seat belts,"So,what do you feel like having?"

"Doesn't matter to me."I said.

"McDonald's good?"

"I'm a vegetarian."I chuckled.

Zacky chuckled,"Well,that cuts down the places in this city,"He said as he drove off,"Don't worry,I know this cool place with Veggie meals."

During the ride,Zacky and I talked about things like touring and his new place.He never really went into detail about anything and I wondered why.But I didn't ask.

We finally arrived to this nice restaurant called Cafe Sevilla that was written in big letters above the front door.Gates lined the windows of the tiny cafe with strings of vines wrapping around the thick metal and spiraling towards the top of the roof.

"Here we are,"Zacky said as he turned the car off and lifted the glasses from his eyes.We sat there for a moment while I took in the scene in front of me.It wasn't like I've never been here before,well I haven't.I've walked past it many times but never could I afford to actually eat here,"Don't worry.I'll pay for yours and Amy's lunch."

I looked at Zacky as he tossed me a friendly smile and got out of the car.I followed him into the cafe where the employees greeted us nicely and guided us towards a table in the back.Walking behind Zacky,I noticed but a bunch of posh people that mostly ate here.Digging into their fresh chicken pita's and sushi while they passed their master cards across the table towards the waiters and waitresses.

I rolled my eyes and sat down across from Zacky,"This place is nice,"I said sliding my jacket from my shoulders and gazing around.Zacky smile and grabbed for the menu sitting in the middle of the table.I did the same and quickly picked out some Thai Curry,a favourite of mine which has a delectable taste of Asian veggies with a pint of coconut milk and green curry.Delicious.

I took a drink of my soda and eyed Zacky from over the rim.He looked tired and jet lagged from the ride back to Long Beach.

"So,tell me about the rest of the tour.How are the rest of the guys?"I asked leaning against the table.Zacky turned his attention towards me and began picking at his napkin nervously.

"They're good.Took off when we landed and called me once,"He chuckled,"You should come by and see them though.It'd be a surprise."

"I'm sure it would,"I chuckled,"How's the big man?"

"Brian,I'm guessing?"

"Yeah,how's douche bag doing?"I giggled.Zacky chewed down on his lip and tossed me a look.

"He's alright.He's been talking about your shop though.I think he wants another tattoo done or something,or scheduled one a couple months ago and never came,"Zacky shrugged.My mouth formed into an 'O' as I nodded,remembering when Brian did show up unexpectedly and scheduled his tattoo,"But the others are doing good."

I furrowed my brows,"How about you Zacky? You don't look good,whats up?"

"Seriously,Soph..."Zacky muttered but became quiet.I glared at him,"Fine.It's nothing to worry about,dude.I've just been flying here and to New York for a couple weeks getting the final pieces for another design.And we've been trying to find another Merch girl for the clothing line and it's just not working."

"Oh..yeah.Carter left,"I said quietly as the waitress came with our food.Zacky nodded slowly and began picking at his stir-fry,"Have you talked to her since?"

He chewed on his lower lip,his metal loops shimmering from the light above us,"Not a word."

I decided to end the conversation there and continue eating with him.We both didn't speak a word until we were finished our meals and ordered Amy's food.Zacky nicely charged it too his card and we left,heading back to the shop.

On our way back,my stomach started flopping from the meal.It never really left my mind how Zacky looked or acted when I brought up Carter and I somewhat felt bad about it.When he pulled over to the side of the road in front of the shop,I hesitated to get out.

"Look,I'm sorry for bringing up Carter..."I said turning to him.His green eyes stared at me then lingered down to my hand.

A small smile escaped onto his lips,"Don't even bring it up,"He smiled,"It was nice seeing you again.I'll call you to hang out soon and I'll bring the guys around."

My mood was instantly lifted by the sound of his voice.I nodded,"Alright.Thanks for the meal by the way.I'll definitely give you a discount on your tattoos whenever."

Zacky chuckled,"That'd be nice,"He said as I leaned over and gave him a hug,"Now get the fuck out of my car."

I laughed and slid out of the passengers seat and closed the door.Through the window,I waved to him,"Say Hi to the guys for me."

He nodded and drove off down the street.I sighed lowly and began the short brief walk up the stairs and towards the shop,having Amy's food dangling in my right hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey loves :)
Glad to be back and writing this.Hope you like!