‹ Prequel: Girl I Know

Nothing Else Matters

003

Carter POV

Being home proved to be a hassle, between meetings with snobby people, parties with some who’s name I didn’t even know, and trying to piss my mother off as much as I could, left little time for thinking about the guys.

It had been two months since I saw them last, sometimes they were the only thing I’d talk about, but now it seemed pointless. I knew deep down in my heart they’d forgotten about me. After all I was just a merch girl to them. But they had been more like my family, then my actual flesh and blood was.

I was just lying in bed, being useless, when there was a knock on my door. I didn’t know whether to tell them to come in, ignore them, or open the door. “Hey sis, open the door,” it was Max and I couldn’t stop but laugh.

“Come in,” I said, the look on his face when he saw my room was priceless, every article of clothing was on the floor. He could barely walk in. “What’s up?”

“It looks like WWIII in here,” he said looking around.

“Uhuh that’s besides the point, what do you want?” I didn’t mean to snap at him but lately it came natural.

“I came to wish you happy birthday,” Max said pulling a box from behind his back.

“Oh, shit, it’s today isn’t it?” I asked realizing I had no idea that it was my birthday, I took the box from him, and unwrapped the bow.

“Don’t tell me you forgot?” Max asked looking at me with his blue eyes.

“I’ve had other things on my mind,” I said taking the lid off the box. I pulled out a mask.

“I can see that,” he said looking at my bed, where pictures were scattered.

“What’s this for?” I asked pointing to the mask.

“It’s for your party,” he said sounding like a little boy.

“I don’t want a party,” yes I was pouting as I said that.

“Oh come on, I put a lot of thought into this, you don’t even have to stay long, just for your surprise,” he sat down next to me wrapping his arm around me. “Look I’ve missed about 3 of your birthdays if I remember correctly I want to do this one right.”

“Since when did you learn to guilt trip people?” I asked.

“Since you came back of course,” he sounded innocent but I knew better.

“Alright I’ll go, what’s the surprise?” I tried fishing for information.

“I can’t tell you, that’s why it’s called a surprise,” he stood up and dusted himself off, a habit that our upbringing pressed on him.

“Ugh, I hate you,” I said as he left the room, I could hear him laughing. I looked at the mask, it was a masquerade mask, purple with black feathers. It was beautiful, and I knew just the right outfit to wear with it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's another update hunny bunnies, leave he love=comments