‹ Prequel: Girl I Know

Nothing Else Matters

009

Carter’s POV

When I saw her walk in I groaned out loud, sure enough Jake was in tow. “Darling, what are you doing in this room, with these men, it’s improper,” my mother said sweeping into the room.

“This is a private conversation,” I said not moving from the spot, my headache was getting even more intense .

“In my house,” my mother shot back.

“Get out,” I said, remembering the respect I used to have for her.

“Carter, don’t speak to your mother that way,” Jake spoke up, getting some balls on him.

“I’d listen to her if I was you,” Matt stood up taller, with the rest of the guys behind him.

“Who the hell are you, to get in the middle of this, are you some of Carter’s clients? I knew she whored herself out, but bringing them home, that’s just distasteful, it’s time for your thank you speech,” my mother didn’t’ know what she had done, in a second I heard the pop of the slap. I had not realized that Carter had stood up, when I opened my eyes my mother was holding her cheek.

Jake took a step forward, but Sophie had been pulled back by the guys. “Don’t even think about it,” I spoke from the chair and stood up.

“How dare she?” My mother was holding her cheek.

“How dare you?” I asked pushing myself through the guys. I was face to face with my mother.

“Don’t you speak to me that way,” she said, fire in her eyes. If it had been two years ago I would have been scared, but now her fury meant nothing.

“I can speak to you however I want, unless of course you want me to make a speech followed by a very juicy video,” I had a smile on my face, and she got scared for the first time my mother was scared of what I could do.

“What are you talking about?” her voice quivered as she asked me.

“I’m talking about Jake here, providing services for his future mother in law at the time, why did you think I left two years ago? Rebellion? Please, I was disgusted by what I saw, the man who swore to love me, sleeping with my mother, the woman who swore to protect me, now leave before I let Sophie loose on you, and the guys mash up your lovers pretty face,” I spoke with such ice in my voice, I could see fear in both of their eyes.

“You wouldn’t…” Jake started to say.

“Don’t tempt me, remember after last week’s will reading, I control everything, this is my house, so disapear right now before you’re left on the streets before the sun comes out, I wonder what your investors would say to that,” I said and turned around with my eyes closed walking back to the chair. I heard the door click, and Max was pacing.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” Max asked.

“And ruin your image of mother, she may be a bad mother but she’s the only one you got,” I leaned back against the chair.

I saw from the corner of my eye, that Zacky was going for he bottle of Jack, “Don’t,” I said and everyone stopped in their tracks.

“Why,” Sophie asked.

“Let‘s just say the only person that Jack was meant for was me,” I tried to smile and it came off as a stuck up smile. Zacky looked at me and read it the wrong way. He left the room.

“What’s wrong with you?” Max asked, astonished.

“So many things,” I said under my breath, the head ache getting worse.

“I’m gonna go get him,” Johnny said, so him and Jimmy talked for a bit.

“Max pour out that bottle before you leave this room,” I said struggling to stand up. I lost my footing but Matt caught me.

“Carter?” Sophie asked worried.

Johnny and Jimmy were ready to leave but they stopped in the door way, looking back at me. “Go get him,” I said as I pushed myself away from Matt.

They left the room and I tried to think, tried to think of something to say to the rest of the guys, but my mind was jello at that point. “Carter?” I heard Max say my name.

“Mhm?” I asked, my eyes barely open. For a second I thought I was floating.

“What’s wrong with her?” Brian asked.

“Must have been something in that bottle,” Carter pointed to it.

“She’s the only one that drinks Jack in this house, damn it,” Max went to the bottle and smashed it in anger.

“Carter look at me,” Matt was holding me by my upper arms.

I am I said.

“Carter?” Sophie asked.

Stop yelling I yelled back.

“Max?” Matt said as he picked me up bridal style.

“Up the stairs, third door on the right,” they were carrying me out the drawing room and up the stairs.

I can walk, put me down I said as my arms just dangled by my head, which Sophie was holding up. I felt like something was wrong, they were ignoring me.

I’m sorry, I’m sorry I lied, I’m sorry you were brought into this mess, I love you guys, I tried to say.

“She’s not responding, get a doctor,” Sophie said as they put me into the room.

No, no doctors just let me sleep, I just need sleep. I said as I felt something cold fall down my cheek.

“She’s crying,” Sophie rubbed the tear away. All I remember is her worried face before everything went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
Two in one night I thought it would be a nice delayed Christmas present :)