Shiny Eye.

Shiny Eye.

Cat couldn't remember the last time he'd smiled so much. He didn't know if he'd even had these butterflies before.

He didn't sleep last night. Or the night before that. Or before that. And he probably wouldn't sleep tonight either, because the excitement and anticipation were almost overwhelming him already.

He should have noticed something was going to change before it did, thinking about it. The day hadn't started up like others.

But that wasn't important. What was important was what had happened that afternoon.

He'd got out of bed single, but gone to sleep the opposite.

Andy had asked him. And it gave him butterflies that lasted for hours.

In the back of his head, a place he didn't want to go (especially not by daylight), she was sitting there. She had been sitting there for god knows how long.

He knew he felt more for her than he should. Maybe it was even more wrong now because he was with Andreas. No, it was more wrong, and he knew it.

But he knew the feeling would always be there, so he threw it under the carpet along with a broken bottle of booze and a few dozen razorblades.

He had to leave her behind now.

In all honesty, Cat was scared. Scared of making a fool of himself, of scaring Andreas away.

He was scared of himself, as well. Scared, because his head was all... screwed up, and he turned self-destructive when it got bad. He was easily confused, misled. And he had his mixed up memories, and he knew it showed.

Andreas would fix him.

The others scared him. The other boys who liked to take the piss and the girls who believed every word that hit their ears. He'd seen the damage they'd done to other people before. He didn't want them to put Andy through it as much as he feared for himself.

Andreas would hide him if it came to that.

Cat was scared that Andy would see right through him, that he'd see just how bad it had been. That his past and his troubles wrapped in dreams would all be so easy to read. Cat's shiny eyes always gave him away - especially to her, she'd said it many times.

Andreas wouldn't mind.

But possibly more than anything, he was scared because he didn't know anything. He didn't know happiness, true happiness, anymore - it was like he'd forgotten it. He didn't know how to feel an emotional attachment that couldn't yet be described as love. He only knew the negatives - hollowness, sadness, loneliness and everything that came with them all.

Andreas would teach him how to feel.

Cat crawled in under the bedsheets, dead tired but far too excited and nervous for sleep.

He hoped that this would be alright. He hoped Andy could live with him, fix him, teach him. Maybe even one day they'd fall in love.

He no longer wanted to be little shiny eye with mixed up memories.
♠ ♠ ♠
510 words.
Comments and constructive criticism much appreciated.