Will You Be My Angel?

Part 25 - Stars

Frank’s POV
By 11pm, Bob’s party was in full swing. Everyone had arrived at around 8. Bob was ecstatic, he had thought that this was just a New Years party, but when he walked in, he gasped at the array of ‘Happy Birthday Bob’ banners and balloons that Ray had managed to get custom made. He then explained how excited he was, he’d never had a proper birthday party before.

The whole gang was over here, and we were all eating, drinking and partying in the back yard. Everyone had smiles on their faces and we were having food fights with the neighbors, next door, who were also having a party. Everything was going perfectly, except for the mistake we made of putting Mikey in charge of the barbeque…which was now led on its side on the patio. Never let Mikey cook…ever.

At exactly 2 minutes to midnight, Ray started to position the fireworks in their correct places. After the Mikey incident, we decided that Ray was the most sensible…so we put him in charge of fireworks, so we could all relax.

Gerard stood up, and took my hand. I rose up so that I was standing beside him and he led me off towards the house, Mikey winking at him while we were on our way. He stopped when we were standing in the alcove that stood above the kitchen window. I looked inside at the kitchen clock that told me that it was 11:59. I brought my gaze back to Gerard and his smile grew wide, wider than I had ever seen it. His face looked so angelic, so pure, in the dim light that shone onto his skin. I felt a spark of jealously…how could anyone look that gorgeous…and be all mine?

‘Frank,’ he stated, taking my hand in his. ‘I want you to know that I love you more than anything, more than words, more than actions…’ he reached into his back pocket with his free hand, and my heart pumped through my chest, anxious about what was coming next. ‘I wanted to give you this…’ he held out a small jewelry box and clicked it open with one hand. I gasped and my eyes lit up as I stared at the thick gold band.

I felt like I was about to faint when he carefully lifted it out of the box and placed it on my wedding ring finger. I was so speechless that I didn’t hear the others start a 30 second countdown, I just looked open-mouthed at my Gee…was he…proposing to me?
‘Think of it as a very very early engagement…We’re still so young but I know that I want to spend my whole life with you Frank Iero…’ he kissed my hand and I felt like I was going to cry. I opened my mouth, as if words would come out, but Gerard stopped me. ‘Look on the inside…’

Silently, I took the ring off, vaguely hearing the other counting 15 seconds until the New Year approaches. The inside of the beautiful gold ring, it was engraved with words that made my heart swell.

Follow Me Until We Reach The Stars, So We Can Be Together Forever.

I cried. I cried with happiness, I cried with fear, I cried with regret, but most of all, I cried with love. Pure, Blatant love for the man standing right in front of me. He was pure genius…and I loved him more than he’ll ever know. I finally, I got my muscles to work, and my head raised up so that I was looking into the swirling hazel eyes in front of me.

‘I’ll follow you anywhere Gee. You’re the one that makes my life worth living…and I love you more than anything…’ we moved closer together, until our mouths met, in the most passionate kiss that I have ever experienced. In the back of my mind I heard the faint call of ‘1’, then cries of ’Happy New Year’ and the sounds of Ray setting off the first of the fireworks.

After one loud bang, Gerard pulled away, and we both gazed at the firework that had recently lit up the sky in a flurry of purple and blue sparks. Ray lit up two more fireworks, and then both burst up, exploding in synchronization, and both curling round and down so that they made a big red heart in the middle of the black expanse of sky. I smiled, my heart thumping, again.

‘I’m such a cliché, don’t you think?’ he chuckled, and I turned to face him, after noticing that the big crowd of people in our back garden were all staring at us with smiles on their faces, Alicia appeared to be crying. I nodded slowly at him.
‘I think you’re a beautiful cliché though…you didn’t need to do all this for me…’ I told him, gripping his hand tightly and bringing it up so that it was resting in between us, in line with our beating hearts. He smiled at my words.
‘Happy New Year.’ He shrugged and leaned in closer, until our lips were dancing wistfully together, lost in their own rhythm, and dancing to the beat of the crackling fireworks.

His hands found their way to my waist, and mine were draped around his neck casually, embracing under a sky full of luminous bright flares that grazed the dark canvas of black. I smiled into our kiss as I thought of this as a brilliant end to a year, and a prosperous beginning to a new one…

The End

[[A/N I feel like such a cliché... So thats the end. I hope everyone enjoyed it...if you have, please take the time to comment, it will be very much appreciated. There will not be a sequel to this, as i am working on a new story called Soft, Dark and Dreamless. It's a lot different from this one, and very surreal. Please check it out and subscribe if you like the sound of it. The first chapter will be posted tomorrow evening (Sunday Evening British Time) so it would make me happy if you looked out for that.
I'd like to thank everyone that commented/subscribed/read this story. I appreciate your support greatly, thanks so much ^.^]]