Status: Slowly working on this.

And Let Us Begin

Chapter 4

The sun crept through the curtains, lighting half of the room with its warmth. I blinked my eyes trying to adjust to the new light in my room. Today was the start of classes, something I was not looking forward to. Throwing back the covers, I stretched my body before I went to go have my shower.

I turned the shower on, letting it warm up before I stepped in. The water dripped over my fingers as I adjusted the temperature, making sure to get it as hot as possible. Stripping off my clothes, I stepped in letting the water fall over my entire body.

“UGH!” I sighed aloud letting all of my frustrations out. It took me a while to get to sleep last night due to the fact that thoughts of Draco plagued my mind. It wasn’t that I wanted to think about him, but my subconscious kept replaying the day’s events in my mind. As the shower ran over my body, I tried to cleanse my mind and body of everything Malfoy. It was a new day and I was going to treat it that way.

>>>>

Once finished with my morning routines, I went to go and get Eden up. That was going to be my biggest task of the day most likely considering she was for lack of better words, a pain in the ass to get up.

“Eden,” I whispered quietly at first. Placing my hand on her shoulder I shook her lightly causing her to toss a little, but she still did not wake up. “Eden,” a little louder this time “EDEN!”

Her entire body went into shock, shaking and shooting straight up. “WHAT? When? Who?! What’s wrong?” she scrambled about trying to figure out what was going on.

Laughter escaped my lips as she began to calm down. “It’s okay Ede, nothing is wrong. It’s time for classes.”

She narrowed her eyes at me, pursing her lips in the process. “You know, you shouldn’t wake a girl like that,” she pouted at me.

“Well maybe you should learn how to get up on your own,” I sighed out.

She stuck her tongue out at me, “Fine.” Crawling out of bed she went straight for her trunk looking for her robes.

“Aren’t you going to have a shower first?” I questioned her.

“Why should I? All I’m gonna bloody do today is sleep throughout my lessons and then come back to the common room. I have no one to impress,” she spat out.

I rolled my eyes at her knowing that she would regret it after she saw some cute boy walking down the corridors, but I wasn’t going to argue with her. “Fine,” I sighed out, “do as you wish my dear. But hurry, we don’t want to be late.”

Eden quickly changed out of her pajamas and into her robes before we ran off down to the common room. When we got to the common room, I saw Jude in a corner talking quietly to Malfoy. I poked Eden in the side to get her attention.

“What?” she spat out while glaring at me.

“Look,” I whispered. Quickly I pointed to Jude and Draco, making sure that neither of them would see me showing interest in them.

Slowly she looked in the direction I was and I saw her facial expression change from grumpy to confused. “Since when do they chat?”

I shrugged my shoulders, “Dunno. Last time I knew they really did not get along. Did you notice yesterday how he was acting a bit odd?”

“I told you already Lil’, Draco doesn’t have a crush on you,” she sighed a little exasperated.

I raised an eyebrow at her and pursing my lips as well. “Not Malfoy,” I snarled, “Jude. After I’d asked him how his holiday had gone, he seemed…I don’t know, nervous I guess. That isn’t like Jude.”

Her face fell a little as thoughts swirled in her head. “You’re right, he did seem a little non-Judeish. Maybe I will talk to him about it later,” she suggested.

“Yeah…” I trailed off.

>>>>

Being 7th years we had to sit through double Potions and that was something I was not excited about; especially first thing in the morning. Eden was sat next to me with her book up, already back to sleep. She snorted a little making me giggle out loud as Professor Snape lectured.

“Is there something funny that you’d like to share with the class Ms. Ryann?” Snape drawled out.

“Nope,” I replied twiddling my thumbs, not making eye contact with him.

“Then I suggest that you keep quiet.”

I rolled my eyes, shaking my head up and down as if I were listening to him. Snape may be the head of my house meaning I can get away with more than the usual student, but that doesn’t mean he is afraid of taking points away from us. I decided to keep my mouth shut, knowing I would get hell if I had points taken from us already. Potions wasn’t a completely useless subject, but it being the first class of the day and the very first day of lessons, I was not feeling it.

My eyes wandered around the room looking at my fellow 7th years; they stopped on Malfoy and Jude. Why are they sitting next to each other? I wondered. This was the second time within two hours that they were together. Jude and Malfoy rarely talked, nor did they ever sit next to each other. Something was definitely going on with the two of them and I really wanted to get to the bottom of what it was.

As I sat there, my eyes dead on the two boys, I saw Draco look at me. He rose an eyebrow, scrunching his face in confusion. I realized he was wondering as to why I was just glaring at the two of them so I quickly looked away. I glanced back fast and saw that he had turned his attention back to Professor Snape.

“Eden?” I whispered while poking her in the side.

She gave a little jolt and opened her eyes. “What?”

I nudged my head toward the boys, quietly whispering to her “Jude is sitting with Malfoy. I want to know why.”

Eden glanced back at them and then back to me, “That is weird, but maybe they are just friends now.”

“Do you really think Draco and Jude would really get along though? Draco is so stuck up and Jude is so calm,” I sighed letting my frustration slip out.

“True,” she agreed. “Why is it that you and Draco aren’t the best of friends then?”

She giggled as I shoved her slightly, “Shut it.”

>>>>

After two long and gruesome hours of Potions lessons it was finally time for a break. I flew from the room to get away from the stuffiness, gasping for fresh air once outside in the corridor. I saw Jude a few feet ahead of me and I ran to catch up to him.

“Hey Juders,” I greeted him cheerfully.

“Hey Lily?” he said back, but in more of a question than an actual hello.

“So…” I started off, “Why have I seen you with Malfoy so much lately?” I went straight for it and asked him right out.

He didn’t respond right away, but stopped in his tracks. “I don’t know, just been getting along I guess,” he told me, sketchiness laced within his words.

“Well, it’s just that I remember last year you two got in a few fights and I thought you hated him to be honest.”

“Well we get on now,” he spat out toward me.

It took me by surprise at how he was talking to me. I knew Jude had a temper, but he was normally a calm guy when it came to me and it kind of startled me. “Oh, okay,” I said quietly. I looked into his eyes and they were so dark and cold looking; the blue orbs that normally any girl fell in love with, were a murky gray that told a different story.

“I’ll catch you later,” he said quickly before rushing away.

Something is definitely going on with him and I was going to find out one way or another.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this was mainly about Jude, but I had to get this in there since it has to do with my plans for later.

Thank you for reading.