Sequel: Our Goodbyes
Status: Finished!

Careless

The hero sings in this scene

Sidney Crosby woke up to the sounds of the lawnmower roaring. He rubbed his eyes and sat up on his bed. His gaze went directly to his calendar near the door, it was the 10th, meaning he was to start helping the Williams around the house.

Sleepily making his way to the kitchen, he was greeted by his mother's amazing cooking. "Good morning honey," Trina greeted her son warmly. "Take a seat, your dad should be in soon."

Obeying his mom, Sidney made his way to the table where his little sister, Taylor, already sat. "You look dead," she said sarcastically.

Sidney shot her a blank look and began stuffing his face with the stack of pancakes his mom placed in front of him moments later.

"So, you're going to the Williams today right? What time?" Trina asked and looked at the clock on the wall.

"Probably after I take a shower," he mumbled, too preoccupied with eating his breakfast.

Trina laughed at her son. "Slow down honey, stop vacuuming your food."

Sidney blushed and slowed down eating. Finally finishing the last of his food, Sidney thanked his mom and kissed her on the cheek before heading back up to his room to take a shower and head over to the Williams.

"Bye mom!" Sidney yelled before walking out the door. It wasn't a long walk to the Williams, probably about two to three minutes to get there so he decided to take a nice relaxing walk over.

Using the spare key given to him all those years back by the Williams, Sidney entered the house and was greeted with loud techno music. 'That's odd,' he thought to himself, the Williams didn't seem like the type to blast their music and listen to techno. He had been helping around the house in the summers to know that they listened to classical music.

Just as he reached the end of the hallway and a few feet in front of the kitchen entrance, a figure walked down the stairs. She was dressed in a white tank top and plaid pyjama shorts; her body was adorned with tattoos. Her right arm was covered with three black tattoos, her back, when she turned for the kitchen, had one long tattoo of what seemed like words, going down her neck. Sidney could see more tattoos when she raised her arms to tie her dirty blonde hair into a messy bun making her top ride up.

He furrowed his eyebrows in wonderment. She couldn't be the Williams' kid considering they were all much older than her and there were only two of them. He wondered if she was the granddaughter that he would often here his mom and Norma Williams talk about; the one that she hadn't seen in a decade.

Sidney coughed to get her attention. Ella quickly turned around, almost tripping on her own two feet if it hadn't been for the wall in front to support her. Ella suppressed a scream as she came face to face with Sidney.

"Who are you?" she asked rather rudely.

Sidney shifted his feet as he stood in the entrance of the kitchen, just staring at the strange girl in front of him. "I'm Sidney, Sidney Crosby," he said awkwardly.

Ella smirked at him. "Bond, James Bond," she mocked him, deepening her voice, and laughed out loud when she saw Sidney's confused face. "I'm kidding, I'm Ella James. I'm guessing you know my Grandparents, considering you just walked in here without ringing the doorbell. Or you could be a robber."

"Uh yeah, they're expecting me. I help them around the house every summer," he explained.

Ella nodded. "Cool," she said and shrugged. "Well, they're not here right now. Said something about going to the grocery for milk," she explained and took her food off the frying pan.

Sidney walked into the kitchen, Ella's back on him he examined the tattoo on the back of her. It said vi et animo in some kind of fancy cursive, the tattoo was small and it hit just above the height of her shoulder blade.

"I means with heart and soul," Ella said suddenly and turned to look at him. Sidney blushed, knowing he had just been caught looking at her. "My tattoo, you've been staring at it for awhile."

Sidney shuffled his feet. "I should probably do whatever Norma asks me to do," he said and looked at the refrigerator. He took the piece of paper that was being held up by a fish magnet and began to read it.

Sid,
It's good to have you back. My Granddaughter is staying with us for awhile, so don't be alarmed if there is another person in the house. The lawn needs mowing in the backyard, so if you could.

Love, Norma.
P.s. congrats on an amazing season. We're rooting for you!

Sidney smiled. The Williams were like a third set of grandparents to him; they were always there at his games when he used to play in Cole Harbour and used to babysit him and Taylor when their parents went out. Norma and Frank were always supportive of him and his sister, even going to his first game with the Penguins.

Ella secretly studied Sidney as he busied himself with reading the note her grandmother left him. From what she could tell, he had dark brown hair peeking out of his black Reebok cap. He had a very muscular body and toned legs that she could see through his simple white shirt and shorts.

"I'm… gonna go mow the lawn," he informed her and made his way past the breakfast table, where Ella sat, and to the backyard.

Ella leaned on her chair and watched Sidney make his way outside. Her eyes instantly landed on his butt and her eyebrows shot up. 'He has the biggest ass I have ever seen on a guy,' she thought. 'But he has a hot ass.'

*

Sidney wiped the sweat that accumulated in his forehead and took off his t-shirt. He panned the backward and saw that he still had half left to go, minus the swimming pool and tool shed. His eyes wandered to the house, looking at the numerous windows, he wondered which one belonged to Ella.

Movement in one of the windows caught his eyes. The last window to the left revealed Ella opening the white curtains. Sidney watched as she loosened her hair from the messy bun and began to comb her dirty blonde hair with her hands. He knew watching her was wrong, but there was something about her that made him interested.

Maybe it was because she didn't know who he was, or at least didn't seem to care. Or maybe it was because of her tattoos, and he wanted to know what each and every one of them meant. It could also be the fact that he had always heard his mom, Norma, and Laura, Norma's oldest daughter, talk about her often. Whatever it was, he wanted to get to know her.

Widening his eyes, he watched Ella turn her back on the window and take off her white top. With her top gone he could see all the tattoos on her back. Aside from the one on her neck, she had a shooting star on her right shoulder blade, the small of her back had more words and the left shoulder blade had a chain and a small lock and key dangling at the ends of the chain.

"Sid, is that you?" Norma asked, pulling Sidney out of his scene.

He blushed; if Norma had caught him looking at her granddaughter undressing, he wondered what she would think of him. He instantly felt guilty, like he had just violated Ella's privacy and Norma's trust in him. "Its good to see you again, Norma!" he said with a lopsided smile and wrapped the small old woman in a warm hug.

"Oh, it's good to see you again dear. Have you met Ella yet?"

Sidney nodded. "Yeah, she's quite a character," he commented and watched the old woman beam with happiness. She was probably excited to have her back after not seeing her for a decade.

"It's good to have her back. I've missed her so much, but there seems to be something going on with her. Please take care of her, I'm worried about her. She seems like she needs a friend and I doubt she'll be talking to Frank and I anytime soon," she said sadly.

Placing a comforting hand on Norma's shoulder, Norma looked up at Sidney. "You know me, of course I'll take care of her," he reassured her. "Now I should probably finish mowing the lawn."

"Thank you Sid," she thanked him and kissed him in the cheek. "You're wonderful," she complemented him and walked back into the kitchen.

Moments later, Ella came out of the kitchen wearing a black and pink bikini, her iPod glued to her ears and a book in one hand. Her sunglasses were perched up her face; walking to the pool she sat on the lawn chair and closed her eyes.

Watching her every move, Sidney figured she never noticed him there and watched her shamelessly. She had one more tattoo of words on her rib, which he couldn't see because part of her bikini top covering it.

Ella James was gorgeous to say the least. Even though her body was full of tattoos, a thing he never thought he'd be attracted to but something about how it displayed on her body he found interesting. Like each one of them held a story and he wanted to know every single one. Her curves were soft and in the right places, her boobs were a fair size and her ass was also fair, not the best he had seen before, but that didn't play a factor to anything.

Ella felt eyes on her so she opened her own eyes and took off her sunglasses. Smirking at the handsome boy in front of her she decided to have fun with him. "Can I help you Jose? Or did you want a tip?" she teased him.

Sidney instantly snapped out of his daydreaming and blushed a deep shade of red as Ella laughed in the background. He started blushing even more when she made her way over to him with a smirk on her lips.

"I don't have a tip for you but here," she teased again and handed him a piece of torn paper. "Nice work with the lawn," she winked and kissed him on the cheek. She turned her back on him, giving him a more close-up look at her tattoos, and walked back to her chair.

Deciding that it was safe for him to open the piece of paper, when she wasn't looking, he opened it and it revealed her number and a heart scribbled beside it. He blushed again and shook his head, continuing with the lawn.

Ella James was without doubt, a wonder.
♠ ♠ ♠
Love it? Hate it? Like it?
Let me know what you think, comment!
Thank you to everyone that read, subscribed and commented.