Sequel: Our Goodbyes
Status: Finished!

Careless

Please don't runaway from me

Ella woke up with the biggest headache and she could only imagine what her face looked like with all the washed up and smeared make-up. She felt something squirm around her waist, so she opened her eyes only to be faced with someone's bare chest.

Panicking, she squirmed around a nervous feeling grew in chest and thought something happened to her the night before. She then saw Sid's sleeping face and quickly calmed down, but then everything that happened the night before came crashing down.

Last night had been the most honesty she had been her whole life. It was difficult for her to really tell him, anybody, about what happened to her. It was like reliving everything, her rape, finding out she was pregnant, feeling her baby, losing her baby, everything. Ella lay back down and curled in a ball on Sid's chest to keep herself from crying.

Not a day had passed by when she thought about the son she lost. How much she regretted giving him up, but she knew it was for the best. Ella wanted Wyatt to have a chance at living a good life with a loving mom and dad. She could barely provide for herself, she wouldn't know how to provide for another person, especially a baby.

Ella let out a sniffle, then she felt Sidney's arm wrap around her.

"Hey, what's wrong?" he asked groggily and lazily opened his eyes to see Ella curled into a ball near his chest. She sniffled again. "Hey, come on El, don't cry," he said and kissed her on the forehead.

Shaking her head, she buried her head deeper into Sidney's chest. "Sorry, I don't know what's wrong with me," she replied and laughed sarcastically. "Look at me, crying like a baby."

Sidney just gave her a comforting smile and hugged her. "You can cry all you want, I'm here if you ever need me," he whispered and kissed the top of her head.

They laid on the bed in silence just enjoying each other's company. No words had to be exchanged for Sidney to know how much Ella really needed him. He could tell with the way she clung on to him for dear life. It broke his heart to see her like this, reduced to a teary mess.

He vowed that he would be available to Ella whenever she needed him. He promised himself that no one would ever hurt Ella, that he would never hurt Ella. In a short amount of time, Ella had come to mean a lot to him. She had quickly found a permanent place in his heart.

"Sid, is Ella with you?" Trina knocked on her son's door. She remembered letting Ella in, but she couldn't recall her ever leaving. It didn't bother her that Ella might have spent the night in her son's room. Ella didn't seem like that type of girl to jump into bed with someone she knew for a short period of time.

Sidney motioned for Ella to stay in bed as he saw her eyes start to droop. He kissed her forehead and got up from his bed as quietly as he could. Opening the door quietly, he faced his mom.

"Yeah, she's here, why?" he asked between the space of the door and the frame.

"Her grandmother called and said she never went home. How is she? She seemed upset yesterday," she looked passed Sidney and the space he allowed between his body and the door.

Sidney opened the door wider so Trina could see a sleeping Ella. "She's holding on, I guess," replied Sidney and looked at Ella's sleeping form fondly.

Trina nodded and smiled at her son. "Take care of her, Sid," she said and went back downstairs to call Norma.

*

Feeling someone shake her, Ella moaned and opened her eyes to see Sidney smiling brightly at her. "What's got you so happy?" she asked and rubbed her eyes.

He just shrugged and stepped back to allow Ella to get up. "Nothing really. How was your sleep?"

"What time is it?" she asked slightly disoriented, her headache had thankfully gone away.

"It's already one. You're grandmother called and said she wanted you home."

Ella nodded and looked at herself in the mirror. She was still wearing her clothes she wore at the carnival and her liner and mascara were no longer in her eyes, but all around her eyes and cheeks. "Urgh, look at me," she said annoyed with her appearance. "I look like a train wreck."

Walking over beside her, Sidney spoke. "I think you still look beautiful," he commented seriously and looked at her through the mirror.

Tearing her eyes away from the mirror, she looked back at him and gave him a small and grateful smile. "Thank you," she whispered softly and kissed him on the cheek. "I should go before Grandma gets worried."

"I'll come with you," said Sidney and held the door open for Ella.

She quickly said thank you and both of them made there way to her house. The whole way home, Ella was quiet, and she knew that Sidney noticed it. Ella just couldn't get her mind off everything that happened the night before, but she was thankful that she was finally able to tell someone about her rape and her baby.

Ella was ever thankful that Sid was so supportive of her, but she was scared that it would change everything. She was scared that he would be more distant towards her, because he was scared of hurting her. Ella needed him now more than ever, and so far Sid wasn't showing any signs of pulling away.

The two stopped in front of Ella's grandparent's home and she took note that there was another car in the driveway. "Grandma must have some company," she mumbled and took out her keys. "Grandma, I'm home!" Ella yelled as she and Sidney entered the house.

"Sidney!" the two heard someone squeal.

Ella saw nothing but a blonde blur, while Sid felt someone knock the wind out of him and squeeze him into a tight hug. Opening his eyes, he saw familiar blue eyes that reminded him of Ella's. He knew instantly who it was.

"Hey Megan," he greeted the girl in his arms and chuckled awkwardly. "I haven't seen you in awhile."

Watching the two hug each other at the side, Ella felt the pit of her stomach churn angrily for reasons she couldn't understand. She couldn't put a finger to the emotions she was feeling as she watched Sidney and the girl converse with each other. It was like a mix of anger and jealously for some odd reason.

"Ella dear, you're home," Norma greeted her granddaughter when she went to see what the commotion was in her front door.

Suddenly, Sid and Megan's conversation stopped and all eyes were on Ella making her extremely uncomfortable. She shifted her feet; Ella could feel the girl's eyes glare at her possessively.

"Hey, Grandma," she said and gave the old woman a small wave.

"Ella, you haven't met Megan, have you?" Norma asked and gave Ella a hug. Ella nodded against, her grandmother's white hair as Norma patted her on the back. "Ella, this is Megan. Megan this is Ella, your cousin."

Ella's eyes widened. She never met anyone in her family but her grandparents, or she couldn't really remember anyone else but them. She took a good look at Megan and quickly pointed out how much they looked alike. They had the same shade of blue eyes, same shaped nose and lips. Although, Megan was much blonder than she was, they could easily pass as sisters.

"It's nice to meet you," Ella said warmly and stuck her hand out. Ella was glad to meet more of her family members. She knew that her mom had an older sister, but she couldn't really remember her. And when they moved to New York, Renee stopped talking to anyone in her family.

Megan rolled her eyes, and ignored Ella. "I'm so glad to be back. I didn't get to go back for the summer last year, because mom wanted to go to Paris," Megan explained to Sidney.

Retreating her hand slowly, Ella bit her lip where her lip ring was and looked at her grandmother for help. She wondered what she had done to get her cousin to already dislike her, but Ella didn't dwell on that too long. It annoyed her more that Megan was really friendly with Sid.

Norma just smiled at her granddaughter and squeezed her arm comfortingly. "Let's leave those to alone. You should meet your Aunt Melissa, I'm sure you'll get along with Jessica."

Ella just nodded and let Norma lead her to the living room. Ella sighed heavily and looked back at Sid and Megan, unable to shake the heavy feeling in her chest.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long to update.
Life has been so hectic.
If it isn't asking to much, I'd love to have 10 new comments before the next chapter.
Thank you to everyone that read, subscribed and commented.
You guys are my heroes!