‹ Prequel: In Fate's Hands
Status: Completed :D/D:

What Are You Waiting For?

Chapter 1

[Summer]

Tasha threw me onto my bed, attempting to look sexy. She probably did, but in my eyes, I saw nothing of the sort.

She crawled on top of me, kissing at my neck, eventually making it to my lips.

I had to prevent myself from sighing and rolling my eyes.

I don’t know what it is, but girls never really got to me. They’re kind of nasty, to be completely honest. I can’t disappoint my parents though, if I ever gave them any hint to being gay, they would kick me out of the house. Mom’s a diehard Christian and Dad’s a homophobe. Neither of them believe that a guy loving another guy is real love, that it’s “the work of the Devil” in my mom’s words.

I personally think that’s crap, people can do what they want. I keep my parents happy, though, and I keep trying girls and bringing them home. They have no clue that Riley is gay, they both think he’s straighter than a board with a girlfriend and everything. How a little lying can get you so far.

“Nick, what’s the matter? You seem detached.” Tasha asked in a pouty voice, running her finger down my chest.

“Sorry, I just have a lot of things on my mind.” I said, sighing, running a hand through my hair.

“Do you want me to leave?” She asked.

“I think it would be best. Sorry, Tasha.” I said, making it seem like I was sincere in my apology.

She half-smiled, kissing me once more before getting off of me and leaving.

After she was gone, I sat up and put my head in my hands. I don’t even know if I like guys. Maybe I just wasn’t into her, or the girl before that, or before that.

I sense a pattern, and I know my parents aren’t going to like it.

I picked up my phone and called Riley.

“Hey Nick, what’s up?” He asked in his usual perky voice. He was always so happy when he talked to me.

“Hey, could you come over? I need to talk to you.” I said, my voice not so perky and bright.

“Alright, I’ll be over there in five minutes.” Riley hung up. I shut my phone and fell back onto my bed, my mind racing.

I don’t even know where I would go if I’m gay and my parents found out about it. I mean, sure, I could stay with Riley, but for no more than a few days at most. I’m sure his parents wouldn’t want me around for that long. I’d just be another person to house, another mouth to feed, and that would make me feel bad.

I heard my door open and felt pressure on the bed next to me as Riley laid down next to me. “What do you want to talk about?”

“How did you first figure out you were gay?” I asked bluntly.

“Oh. Um…” Riley said, sounding awkward. “I honestly have no idea, it just kind of…happened. Why?”

“When did you first kiss a guy?” I asked again, ignoring his “why”.

“I don’t remember, probably two or three years ago? Seriously, Nick, why are you asking me this?”

I sighed, closing my eyes. “Can I try something?”

“Sure?” Riley said slowly.

I flung my eyes open and sat up slowly, Riley following. I turned to face him, looking straight into his brown eyes. I placed a hand on his cheek softly and leaned in to press my lips against his.

Though it wasn’t strong, I got a slight thrill from kissing him, and instead of wanting it to be over as soon as possible, I wanted it to last, regardless of if he’s my best friend or not.

Riley put his hands on my hips as we started getting into the kiss. I snuck some tongue into it, just following whatever I felt.

Riley pulled away from my lips slowly. I could feel the hesitation, the decision he had to make, whether to keep it going or to end it there. He looked at me shyly, letting out a little laugh. “Wow, Nick. That was probably the best kiss I’ve ever gotten, not even kidding.”

I blushed, looking at the floor. “It might’ve been the best, but it was probably the most awkward, too. I know it was for me, for the most part.”

Riley laughed. “Yeah, it was. Lets vow never to do that again unless it’s a drunken dare, kay?”

I hugged him, smiling. “Kay.”

I was suddenly yanked out of my hug with Riley and thrown onto the ground, my head bouncing of the floor, instantly blurring my vision.

I was disorientated the whole time the same person was punching me, and in the midst of all the hurt, I heard my dad’s voice yelling and screaming, sentences including “fag” and “ashamed” and “disgrace”.

The pain ceased and I was dizzy, my vision slowly fading to black.

“Hang in there, Nick.” I heard Riley’s voice faintly before I passed out.

I woke up on a soft, squishy thing, my whole body throbbing in pain. My eyes fluttered open and I saw Riley sitting beside me.

“Here, before you talk or attempt to move, take these aspirin. They’ll help with the soreness.”

Riley handed me three aspirin and a glass of water. I grimaced and took the pills, downing the water. I looked at Riley and his eye was black and blue.

Before I said anything, Riley started talking again. “I took your dad’s punch for you, don’t worry, I’m fine. You’re in a worse condition than me. My parents called the police and they took your dad away. You’re going to be living with me from now on, I don’t care what you say. My parents already agreed and your stuff is in my-”

I sat up and hugged him, though my muscles screamed against it, tears of happiness and pain leaking from my eyes. “Thank you Riley, so much. You have no idea how much this has saved me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Eh? Thoughts?
Sorry it was so short, the next chapter is going to be short as well.
They're just introduction chapters, basically.
<3