‹ Prequel: In Fate's Hands
Status: Completed :D/D:

What Are You Waiting For?

Chapter 12

-3 Months Later-

“Mmmm, Riley, move overrr.” I whined, pushing him away from me while Nick had his arm wrapped around my waist.

How all three of us fit on that bed, I will never know.

Ever since the first day of school, the three of us have been inseparable, Nick and I especially. We’re either here or at my house, just hanging out, enjoying each other’s company, having a great time. Since it’s Christmas break, we’ve been sleeping over at each other’s houses everyday since school let out.

Nick and I have been getting a lot of crap from Riley’s brothers and Ethan. It’s ridiculous, but Nick just told me to let it go. I did, coming to terms with the fact that it didn’t matter what other people thought, as long as we were together it would all be okay.

“Ian, you’re taking up half the bed!” Riley pushed right back, disturbing Nick as well.

“Nuh uh!” I argued back.

“Shut up, the both of you!” Nick said, pushing the both of us, making me fall off the bed, Nick following, landing on top of me. We heard a thud on the other side of the bed, and we started laughing.

Nick looked into my eyes, smiling, amused at the situation. “I guess everyone’s up, huh.” He said quietly.

I reached up to catch his lips with my own. “Yeah, I guess so.”

“Does this really have to happen every morning, seriously? I have so many bruises from you two.” Riley said.

“You’re the one that chooses to sleep with us. You don’t have to sleep here if you don’t want to.”
“This is my bed.” Riley said in a monotonous tone.

We laughed. “This is true. But what about at my house? You usually end up on the bed with us, too. Don’t tell us you want a threesome.” I said, holding in my laughter.

“Ew, ew, ew. Do you know how AWKWARD that would be?” Riley said, slightly freaking out.

“Way too awkward for any of us to handle. I could never touch you like that, Riley.” Nick said with a smile on his face.

I just chuckled to myself as Nick looked back to me, kissing me again, this time with more compassion than the last.

I grabbed onto his hips and turned over so I was on top of him. “Good morning.”

He gave me a warm smile. “Morning.”

“You hungry?” I asked, poking his side.

“Starving.” Riley and Nick said in unison.

I rolled my eyes, kissing Nick again quickly before getting off of him and helping him off the floor.

Our breakfast consisted of homemade pancakes, sausage, muffins, and orange juice. We kept the sausage to a minimum because Nick is a total vegetarian. The muffins disappointed me as well because they were store bought.

“That sausage had a face.” Nick said disgustedly as I bit into it.

“Yeah, well, I have a face, and that never stopped you.” I said, smirking, giving him a sidelong glance.

His cheeks flushed a deep red as he kept his eyes on his plate, ultimately embarrassed.

Riley stared at us with his mouth open. “Wow.”

Nick hit me, sneaking a glare my direction.

“Babe, it’s not like he didn’t know. You don’t have to be embarrassed.” I scooted closer to him, throwing my legs over his lap.

Nick dragged me the rest of the way and kissed my forehead. “I know.”

“You guys are so fucking obnoxious, you know that?”

We turned around and saw Kaedyn coming into the kitchen.

“Where’s your look alike? You’re usually connected at the hip. I swear you pee together.” Riley asked.

“He’s still sleeping.” He answered, not even acknowledging the last part of his comment. He must still be half asleep, otherwise he would’ve called Riley a “little bitch” or he would’ve combined something with “fucker”.

We decided to end the teasing early, since it was proving to be no fun.

“And no, we don’t fucking piss together, dumb ass.” Kaedyn added on before leaving the room.

His late response earned giggles from the three of us as we all cleaned up breakfast.

“So what are the plans for today?” I asked, drying the last fork.

“Movie?” Nick offered. “I’ll pay.”

“What movie?” Riley asked.

Nick shrugged. “Whatever’s playing.”

“Alright, sounds like a plan.”

While Nick was in the shower, Riley and I were doing our hair.

“I really hope Ethan isn’t there.” Riley said, running the flat iron through his already straight hair, giving it that lovable wispy look. “He’s been on my ass for the past couple weeks, and it’s annoying the hell out of me.”

“Maybe you should just go for him.” I said, getting my part right.

Riley let out a sarcastic laugh. “And get used? Probably contract a disease? Thanks, but no thanks.”

“Don’t knock it til you try it.” I said, not really believing what was coming out of my mouth. I hate Ethan, why would I want Riley near him? He’s just a man whore, but I always pictured them being a really cute couple.

Riley shook his head, taking the last piece of his hair through the iron. “Whatever, Ian.”

We walked to the movie theatre since there was no available ride for us to get, and I knew the twins wouldn’t do anything to help us out.

I cuddled into Nick’s side, giving him warmth and also taking it from him.

“Ethan, what the hell?” I heard Riley say.

I looked up and Ethan was walking next to Riley, too close for my liking.

Riley pushed him away, which made me smile. I’m not sure if it was for Riley pushing him away or how cute of a scene they were making.

“What? I can’t just walk on a sidewalk?” He asked, smirking.

“Not that close to me, you can’t.” He said.

Nick and I looked at each other and smiled, grabbing each others’ waists. I guess Nick thought this was cute, too.

Ethan grabbed Riley’s hand out of nowhere.

We stare intently at them to see what’s going to happen next, thinking that Riley will pull out some mad ninja skills.

But he just kept his hand there. He didn’t fight it off or anything, which surprised me beyond belief.

The rest of the way there, those two held normal conversation, while Nick and I had conversation of our own.

“So could you ever see those two dating?” I asked Nick while we observed their body language.

Riley just seemed so comfortable around Ethan, and they seemed really into each other.

“Yeah, it’s a possibility.” Nick said, sounding unsure.

“No! You’re not paying for me!” Riley yelled at Ethan as he handed the chick a twenty.

“Too late.” He said, smirking.

Riley hit him and we all went into the movies.

When Nick and I weren’t making out in one of our seats (of course we had to choose a romantic movie), we peaked down at Riley and Ethan, who chose to sit a couple rows down from us. Riley’s head was on Ethan’s shoulder a lot. Ethan’s arm was almost always around Riley’s shoulders, and I swear I saw them kiss a few times.

That was almost more romantic than the movie.
♠ ♠ ♠
:3 Yay.

<3