‹ Prequel: In Fate's Hands
Status: Completed :D/D:

What Are You Waiting For?

Chapter 24

“I’m gonna go by Riley and check on him, see if he needs anything, okay?” Nick said, kissing me before getting up and going to Riley’s room.

I turned to Ethan and sat on the couch with him. “So how did everything go, in detail.”

He sighed, and started telling me everything.

I knocked on his door, wondering why I’m even doing this. I heard him tell me to come in. I opened the door and Riley jumped when he saw me.

“What are you doing here?” He asked, not sounding thrilled to see me here.

“I wanted to see how you were, is there anything wrong with that?” I asked, getting slightly defensive.

Riley looked down at his covers. “No, nothing. Um, do you want to sit down, I can sit up.”

“No, that’s alright. I’ll just sit on the floor. You need to rest.” I said. “Do you need anything before I make myself comfortable? More soda, crackers, anything?”

“Could you change the movie?” He asked, a slight smile on his lips.

“Sure. Any preferences?” I asked.

“Anything in the smaller pile. Those I haven’t watched yet.” He said.

“Did it get boring, just sitting up here, watching movies all day?”

He shrugged. “It could’ve been worse.”

I nodded, a slightly awkward silence falling over the room. I put the movie in and sat at the side of the bed. I didn’t recognize the title, but I didn’t know the other movies, either. It looked like a romantic comedy, though. Joy.

“So you really came here to see me? You didn’t just come here to talk shit?” Riley asked as he pressed the play button at the DVD menu.

“Am I talking any shit?” I asked him, looking up at him, a smile threatening to creep onto my lips.

Riley looked down, smiling. “No, I guess not.” He sighed, paying attention to the movie. “Hey Ethan.”
I looked up at him.

“Thanks, for doing this. It means a lot.” Riley said.

I smiled a little. “Yeah.”

We didn’t say anything for a while, and by the time I had something to say, I heard Riley snoring softly from on his bed. I looked up at him, and he looked so peaceful. I got up and leaned down, placing my lips on his forehead, closing my eyes.

I stood up straight and left the room, going into the living room. I didn’t want to leave Riley all alone while Ian and Nick were off doing their own thing. If he needed anything and no one was home, I’d feel bad.

I turned the TV on to find something to watch…


I couldn’t help but smile when he was done telling me everything. I didn’t expect something like that from him.

“What made you act like that?” I asked.

“Like what?” He asked.

“You know, nice.” I said like it was common sense.

“Shut up! I don’t know…Riley just does that to me. It’s weird.” Ethan said.

“It’s not a bad thing, Ethan. It’s kind of nice.” I said, smiling at him.

He just rolled his eyes, resting his head in his palm. “Whatever. I’m gonna get out of here. I’ll see you later.” He got up and left, Nick coming from Riley’s room soon after.

“Where’s Ethan?” Nick asked, sitting next to me on the couch.

“He just left.” I said, pressing my lips to his.

“Oh, I didn’t get to say bye.” Nick said.

“You’ll see him tomorrow.” I said, getting right back into the kiss, scooting closer to him. I guess I still had some of that sexual energy left in me.

Nick’s hand found my neck and I put my hands on his hips. My fingers creeped up his shirt and Nick’s lips left mine.

I looked at him, confused. “What?”
“Not when Riley’s parents are gonna be home soon.” He whispered, smirking.

I sighed, slowly sliding my hands out from underneath his shirt, but not before squeezing his hips, making him involuntarily moan, sounding totally sexy. He glared at me before attaching his lips to mine once more.

When we heard the garage door open, we parted, smiling at each other, and gave each other one last peck before Riley’s parents walked in.

“Hey boys, how’s Riley doing?” His mom asked as she set her stuff down on the kitchen table.

“He’s sleeping yet. That’s basically all he’s been doing all day.” Nick said.

“Well I’m gonna go and check on him. Hopefully this is just a twenty four hour thing.” His mom went toward his room and opened the door. We heard a big “Hi honey” when she got in here; Nick and I just smiled at each other.

“I love his mom.” Nick said, cuddling with me while we leaned back on the couch.

“She’s practically your mom, too.” I pointed out, wondering why he never called her Mom, since he never thinks of his mom as his actual mom.

“It’s weird to call her Mom, I don’t know, it just feels awkward for me, since she’s not my mom.”

I cuddled into his shoulder, wrapping my arms around him, kissing his cheek. “I love you.”

He smiled, kissing my temple. “I love you, too.”

Our lips met, but we were interrupted by my phone. I rested my forehead on Nick’s and sighed. “Sorry, it’s my mom.”

“Well answer it!” He said, pushing me a little bit.

I smiled and grabbed my phone out of my pocket, pressing the little green button. “Hi Mom.”

“Hi honey, when are you coming home? It is a school night.” She asked.

I looked at the clock, seeing it was already past 9.

“Oh wow, um, you could come get me now, if you want.” I said, looking at Nick, pouting a little. He pouted as well, but it didn’t work very well because he was trying not to smile.
“Alright, I’ll be there in a little bit, sweetie.”

“Okay, bye Mom.” I pressed the end button and stuck my phone in my pocket, looking back to Nick. “I don’t wanna go home.”

“I don’t want you to go home either.” Nick said, hugging me tightly.

“Well, I’ll see you tomorrow. And I’ll bring something for you.” I thought of the ingredients we had in the house. Hopefully Mom bought chocolate chips.

“You don’t have to.” Nick said, putting his hand on my neck, stroking my cheek with his thumb.

“I want to, sweetie. Don’t worry, I won’t be staying up too late.” I kissed him tenderly, sneaking my tongue in for a little bit; I could tell he liked that.

“I love you, Nick.” I said, kissing him once more before getting off the couch, Nick getting up with me.

“I love you, too, Ian. I’ll see you tomorrow.” He said, giving me one last kiss, hugging me tightly.

I heard my mom’s horn and we parted, smiling at each other.

“Bye.” I said quietly.

“Bye.” He said, giving me a quick peck before letting me go.

I ran out to my mom’s car, staying away from the cold as much as possible. “Hi.” I said, getting in and putting my seatbelt on.

“Hi honey. How was school?” She asked.

“Good, I guess. Riley stayed home sick, so we went there after school and took care of him.” I said, lying a little bit. My mom doesn’t exactly know Nick and I are having sex.

“Well that’s good.” She said, smiling at me.

I smiled back, nodding. Definitely a good thing.
♠ ♠ ♠
WHOA!
WHAT IS THIS!?
AN UPDATE PER STORY IN ONE DAY?!
:3

<333333333