‹ Prequel: In Fate's Hands
Status: Completed :D/D:

What Are You Waiting For?

Chapter 26

“Come ooooooon, Mom! For once you’re the one who’s late.” I called throughout the whole house, bouncing in excitement. I don’t know why I’m so excited, either, it’s not even our anniversary, that’s tomorrow. Maybe it’s because these cookies are extra chocolaty, just the way Nick likes them. He’s a sucker for chocolate.

“I’m sorry, Ian, I forgot to set my alarm last night because I have off work today.” She came into the kitchen in sweatpants, a matching sweatshirt, and her hair in a ponytail. Oh god.

“Alright, well lets go, lets go!” I said, shoving her out of the house.

“Settle down, Ian.” She laughed, getting in the driver’s seat, starting the car.

“Sorry, I’m just really excited.” I said, beaming.

She just smiled at me and drove to the school. Mom’s late awakening totally ruined my plan to stash the muffins in Nick’s locker before he got to school, but I guess in person isn’t so bad, either.

Mom pulled up and I hopped out of the car, leaning in for her daily kiss on the cheek.

“Have fun!” She called to me before I closed the door, slinging my bag over my shoulder. I looked and saw the twin’s car already there, along with Ethan’s. I walked into school, practically skipping to my locker.

I met Riley with a hug, and Nick with a kiss.

“I have something for you.” Nick said, smiling.

“Nick…” I said, kind of afraid as to what he got me, whether it was too nice or he put too much time into it, or both.

“Not til tomorrow, though.” He said.

“Then you’re not getting yours til tomorrow, too.” I said stubbornly.

He just smiled and kissed me again.

“So what is it today? Chocolate chip cookies? Muffins?” Riley asked.

“Well, today, even though Nick wasn’t supposed to tell you,” I glared at Nick, trying to look angry, but failing horribly in the process. “I brought muffins. It’s a good breakfast food.”
Riley took one and took a bite from it, his natural response being, “These are so good!”

“Thanks, hun.” I said, closing the Tupperware after I knew Nick grabbed one as well. We walked to first hour. Riley scowled a little at the empty desk that was supposed to be Ethan’s, making me wonder what happened that he hated him again.

“What happened with those two?” I asked Nick.

“Keegan and Ethan are fucking in the bathroom as we speak.” Nick said, almost like there was nothing wrong with it. Either that or it happened so often that it was just a normal occurrence.

I just sighed and shook my head, disappointed at Ian for letting such a good thing go. Nick sat in his desk and I took a seat on his lap, his arms wrapping around my waist.

“You know what would be funny?” I asked, smiling.

“What?” Nick and Riley asked at the same time, seeming like they were holding in laughter.

I ignored that and went on. “If someone walked in on Keegan and Ethan fucking in the bathroom.”

Their laughter almost came out that time.

“Ian, that would be one of the most awkward moments of my life.” Riley said, then going off into his little dream world.

Nick squeezed me closer to him, resting his head against my back.

I turned sideways, hooking my arms around his neck, smiling. “I can’t wait for tomorrow.” I said.

“Mm, me neither. You’re gonna love what I got you.” He said, kissing me softly.

“Even though I told you not to get me anything.” I said, looking at him with disapproving eyes.

“You knew that wasn’t going to happen, Ian.” He said, laughing.

“I was hopeful.” I said, playing with his hair.

“Well you had to know that you weren’t going to be doing all the giving in this relationship.” He said.

I leaned down towards his ear. “You do plenty of giving, believe me.” I kissed at his neck before leaning back to look at him again.

He smirked, shaking his head. “Well we’re not gonna bring that into this, Ian.”

I just kissed him again, then looked over at Riley, who was staring off into nothing.

“Riley.” I called out to him with no answer.

Nick whistled at him, and that seemed to snap him back into reality.

“Hun, I think you need to go back to sleep. You’ve been going in and out of reality all morning.” I said.

He shook his head, rubbing his eyes. “Nah, I’m okay.”

I didn’t believe it, but didn’t press the issue. I turned back to Nick and kissed him once more before getting off his lap to go to my own desk. When my butt hit the seat, the bell rang, and Mr. Smith came into the room, too awake for the morning. This class automatically brings down any excitement or energy someone has before they enter. It’s really depressing.

Ethan decided to stroll on into class for the last ten minutes.

“Well isn’t it nice of you to finally join us, Ethan. Do you have a pass?” Mr. Smith asked.

“Do you really think I have a pass, Steve?” Ethan asked, sitting down in the desk next to Riley.

His lack of respect made me mad, but sitting next to Riley almost made me want to scream. He can’t just do that! He can’t just fuck Keegan and act like everything’s fine in the world between them.

I watched the two of them, Riley seeming very standoffish. Good. He should be. At least one of them has common sense. Ethan’s probably just trying to get a fuck out of him. I shuddered; that’s so disgusting.

I looked at Nick, who was looking at Riley and Ethan as well. We glared at him, and when he noticed, he flipped us off. We just rolled our eyes and turned back to what we were doing.

When the bell rang, Nick and I left, leaving Riley to deal with Ethan, whether that be in a good way or a bad way.

“I hope they don’t end up fighting or anything.” I said, opening my locker.
“I know, because to be completely honest, I’m pretty sure Ethan would take Riley down.” Nick said.

I sighed. “Exactly.” I shut my locker and started walking with Ian to Riley’s locker.

Riley caught up to us, looking completely flustered.

“Whoa, Riley, are you okay?” Nick asked as we arrived at his locker.

“I don’t know.” He said.

“What do you mean?” I asked carefully.

He exhaled sharply. “Ethan. Just. Ethan.”

He stormed away and ran right into Chase, almost falling over.

Chase pushed him the rest of the way, Riley landing on the floor. “Watch where you’re going, fuck face.” He growled.

“Shut the fuck up, Chase.” I said, grabbing Riley’s hand to help him up.

Chase did a double take on the whole situation. “Oh, Riley, sorry about that. I thought you were someone else.” He reached down and helped him up as well.

“So that makes it okay?” Riley asked.

“I may be decent to you since Ethan gives you all that shit, but that doesn’t mean I’m nice to everyone.” Chase said, shrugging.

“Thanks, Chase, I guess.” Riley said as we started walking away.

At least he’s semi-decent.
♠ ♠ ♠
SNAP.
Gots some In Fate's Hands integration in hur x3
-sigh-
-prepares self-
I feel this coming to an end :x
I think I'm going to end it after Riley and Ethan get together.
I know, I'm sorry D:
I feel horrible for doing it, but I feel like that's a good place to end it.
I will accept all yelling and "whyyyyyyy"'s completely.
The reason I'm doing this is because you really wouldn't want to reread In Fate's Hands, would you?
-don'tanswerthat-
This beast would be over 60 chapters long.
Sooo yeah.

<333333333333333333333

EDIT.
Because my husband Jones is hyperventilating and threatening me with the hypothetical couch of loneliness, I have decided to change a few things around.
I don't want my hubby or his lovely boyfriend Mars, or Jinna or Chance to shun me for the rest of my life.
I would be horrified.
SO I have a planish.
I just kinda thought of it nao.
Go in detail for a couple chapters, going strictly along In Fate's Hands.
After Riley and Ethan get together, and a few other things occur, I kinda skip around until after In Fate's Hands, which is still on the drawing board.
I hope this is better than the original plan.
And I don't have to spend my time on the couch.
I really do enjoy our temperpedic bed of love.
-pout, lip quiver, puppy dog eyes-