‹ Prequel: In Fate's Hands
Status: Completed :D/D:

What Are You Waiting For?

Chapter 27

After third period came lunch, and it was taking forever to get here. I was about to explode from the tension between Riley and Ethan, and I couldn’t escape it. Either Riley, Ethan, or the both of them were in my classes, so I heard it from both sides.

“Why is Riley avoiding me?” Ethan asked in third hour.

“Oh, I don’t know, because you fucked his brother in the bathroom during first hour?” I snapped, glaring at him.

He shut up fast, leaving me to fume and contain all my stress.

When the bell rang, I bolted out of class and to my locker, Ian getting there shortly after.

“Baby, what’s wrong?” Ian asked, closing his locker, then looking at me.

“I’m about to explode. I’ve had to deal with hearing both Riley and Ethan’s sides of their relationship thing. I shouldn’t even call it a relationship.” I sighed, running my hands down my face. “It’s so frustrating and stressful. I told Ethan off last hour, but I could never do that to Riley.”

Ian hugged me, kissing me. “Don’t get yourself so involved emotionally. It’ll tear you apart more than it already is.”

I squeezed Ian tighter against me, not saying anything.

He pushed me away enough for me to look at him. “Okay?”

I smiled and kissed him. “Okay.”

I let go of him and closed my locker, walking with Ian to catch up with Riley.

“Chase is such a jerk.” I said, Ian putting his arm around my waist.

“He’s better than Ethan.” Ian said. “He would’ve probably spit in his face and kicked him a couple times. At least Chase has some sort of soft spot.”

“I am right here, guys.” Riley said, a hint of smile in his voice.

“Sorry, Ry, are you okay?” I asked.

“I’ve taken worse from Ethan. His man whore is no match.” Riley said, shrugging it off. I could tell that he was still pissed about it, though.

We made it through the lunch line and went over by the pizza and everything. I automatically made my way to the salads; the smell of the sausage and pepperoni made me gag.

“You know, Nick, meat is delicious, you should try some.” Riley said, holding a piece of disgusting, greasy, meat infested pizza in my face. I could’ve been sick.

“Oh my god, get that away from me, I will seriously puke.” I said, feeling the color run from my cheeks.

Riley just chuckled to himself and threw the pizza back. “Sorry, it was just too tempting. I have to give you crap about being veggie since my parents refuse to.”

My cheeks tinted red as I elbowed Riley’s side. . “At least I don’t eat dead, decaying, bloody carcasses…” Okay, that was a little over the top, but at least it would get them thinking.

“Okay, okay, I got it. I don’t need visuals.” Riley said, holding his hand up to stop me from continuing.

I smiled and we sat at our table. I noticed Riley smirking when he noticed that Ethan, Chase, and the twins were gone.

“Ian, you should give me a muffin.” Riley said, biting his breadstick.

“I don’t have anymore, they ate them all second hour. Sorry, hun.” Ian apologized.

“Where do you think Ethan and his posse went?” I asked, curious.

“To get wasted.” Ian and Riley said.

That sounded really good right about now. Just to get wasted and let all this stress and tension go. Riley should join me, so he can just let Ethan go.

“You should know that, you live with me. Keegan and Kaedyn get wasted at least three times a week. They won’t be back today.” Riley said.

“Well that’s stupid.” I said, masking my curiosity around Ian. I know he wouldn’t approve of me or Riley getting drunk.

“Yeah, tell me about it.” Riley said.

Just like Riley predicted, the guys didn’t show up for the rest of the day. It was definitely a relief to me, though I still got it all from Riley. After school, we went to Kaedyn’s locker to grab his keys.

“Are you busy tonight?” Ian asked, putting his arms around my waist, my arms following suit, pressed against each other.

“I have a shit ton of homework, I’m sorry, baby.” I lied, nuzzling my face into his neck as to hide my face. I’m a horrible liar if someone sees my face; my face gives everything away.

Ian leaned my face up, kissing my cheek. “It’s okay, I’m not more important than school.”

“Yes you are, just not during finals.” I said, smiling, looking into his eyes.
Ian placed a kiss on my lips as I squeezed him tighter. “I love you.” He said quietly, caressing my cheek.

“I love you, too.” I said, smiling. That phrase is such an understatement when it comes to him.

“I’ll see you tomorrow.” Ian said.

We let go of each other and I planted one last kiss on Ian’s lips, starting to feel bad for leaving him behind. “Bye.” I said, letting him get into his mom’s car while Riley and I went to Kaedyn’s car.

“Nick.” Riley said.

“Yeah?” I asked, slightly confused.

“You were curious about Ethan and them, right?” He asked, smirking.

I know where he’s going with this, and I’m glad that he agrees with me. “Where do you think they went? Probably Ethan’s, since your mom gets home at 1.”

Riley shook his head. “I don’t think so.”

“Lets just drive there, check it out.” I insisted.

Riley turned the key in the ignition and backed out of the parking spot. “Alright.”

We drove past Ethan’s house, not seeing him there. I shrunk down in my seat a little for being wrong. “Where else would they be?” I asked.

“I have an idea.” Riley said, heading for downtown.

“Where are we going?” I asked, unfamiliar with everything around me.

“Ethan’s brother’s loft. You can get away with anything at Nathan’s.” Riley explained.

“How do you know this?” I asked.

“A combination of eavesdropping on Keegan and Kaedyn’s conversations and being more or less best friends with Ethan back when we were kids. Nathan moved out of his parents’ house last year, and he gave me his address for some reason. We were never close, but he probably thought that Ethan and I were still friends.”

I nodded. “Is his brother hot?”

Riley hit me for that one. “Nick!”

I laughed. “Well? Is he?”

Riley sighed. “Sexy as hell, but straight.”

“Psh, it’s not like I was going to go after him or a…ny..” My mind stopped working once we pulled up to what I suspected was Nathan‘s loft. It was huge! No normal 19 year old could own something this nice. “This is where he lives?”

Riley nodded and we got out, going to the front door. Riley knocked on it and my heart started beating a little faster as I heard the doorknob twist open.

I had to prevent myself from drooling and jumping on this guy.

He’s tall, slender but muscular, with brown hair wisping over his perfect facial features. If I wasn’t taken, loyal, and devoted, I seriously would’ve considered making a little change to his straight sexuality.

“Alright, I guess we could come in. Oh, this is Nick, just to let you know. Nick, Nathan.” Riley introduced us, making me come out of my fantasies.

“Hey.” I said, knowing I looked like a complete idiot.

His smile almost killed me as we walked in, seeing Ethan, Chase, and the twins sitting around. I felt tension automatically raise in the room, radiating off Ethan and Riley. I ignored the little mini brawl between the two of them, and sat down when Riley did.

Ten minutes pass and it’s already boring as hell. This is all they do when they ditch?

The doorbell rang, Nathan ran to the door, and he intercepted a brown paper bag in exchange for a good amount of cash. Everyone cheered, and I knew that it was what we’ve all been waiting for.

“Pass me that bottle of Jose Cuervo.” Chase said, Nathan handing it to him. Chase always seemed like a tequila drinker to me.

“I knew you would like that.” Nathan said.

“You got orange juice?” Keegan asked.

“Oh yeah.” Nathan said, smirking.

“Screwdrivers.” Keegan and Kaedyn said, smirking.

“Come on, Riley, you gotta get in on this. You’re not going to be here without getting at least a little alcohol in your system.” Ethan said, tossing another Jose Cuervo to him.

Riley opened it, sniffed it and took a drink, a smile slowly coming over his face.

I hope he knows he’s sharing that with me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dun dun dun o.o
You TOTALLY didn't see that coming.

-sarcasm-
<3333