‹ Prequel: In Fate's Hands
Status: Completed :D/D:

What Are You Waiting For?

Chapter 38

The drinks kept coming, and I keep taking them. I have no idea what the hell they are, but I do know that every drink makes me feel that much lighter and carefree.

I walked/stumbled through the crowd looking for Nick, not seeing him anywhere.

Someone ran into me, making me fall back slightly.

Then I saw them. Nick and Kaedyn in a full lip lock in the middle of the room. My hands clenched into fists and I stormed off, running right into Riley, spilling his drink a little.

“Oh, Riley, ‘m sorry.” I said, wiping the drink off his shirt, looking up at his face. He’s so hot. My hand stayed on his chest as I looked at him with a smirk, attaching my lips to his. He responded quickly, his arms going around me.

Fuck him being my best friend. Fuck him being taken. It’s just a drunken kiss, right? Nothing is meant by this at all.

I pushed him into the bathroom, closing the door. I pressed him against the wall, keeping my hands on his hips as I slid my tongue into his mouth, exploring and massaging it, tasting the alcohol in his breath.

Riley pushed me away from the wall, and we fell into the tub.

“Ow, fuck.” I said, laughing a little, Riley laughing as well, situating himself between my legs, his lips finding mine again.

Before either of us really started getting into it, we both heard the door open.

I pulled my lips away from Riley’s and saw Nick and Ethan gawking at us with shocked and disbelieving expressions on their faces. As soon as they were there, they were gone.

Riley sat up, getting ready to leave the bathroom.

“Aw, can’t we just finish what we started?” I asked, putting on a seductive face for him.

“No, we can’t. This is wrong, on so many levels.” Riley said, getting out of the bathtub.

I sighed and got out as well, almost falling in the process, causing me to break out into hysterical laughter. It died out and we walked out of the bathroom to find Ethan and Nick.

“Aren’t you pissed? Even a little?” I heard Ethan ask.

I stopped in the hallway, wanting to hear their conversation.

“Well yeah, but then again, look at what I did behind Ian’s back at Nathan’s house. I kinda look at this as getting even, even if it is with my best friend.” Nick said.

What? He did something…he lied to me? What the hell?!

I cleared my throat and they both looked at us. Nick’s expression turned bitter and he grabbed my arm, pulling me into an empty room and closing the door.

“Ian, why?” He asked, crossing his arms.

I almost asked if he was blind. “Did you not see him?”

“I saw him, yeah, but that doesn’t mean I’m gonna get with him in the tub.” Nick said stubbornly.

Yes he would. I crossed my arms over my chest and pouted.

He grabbed my arm, and I automatically tried pulling away. “Come on, we’re going home, Ian.”

“Whhyyyy? The party’s jus’ getting started!” I whined, pulling a little harder as I figured out that Nick was winning.

“Well I’m ending the party.” Nick said. Geez, what a sourpuss.

“Nick, let go!” I yelled again, pulling harder.

He mumbled something under his breath that I didn’t catch. I sighed, giving up on trying to get out of his grip. “Oh, come on, it’s not like you haven’t done it before.” I said, trying to see if he’d crack and tell me who it was at Nathan’s house.

He didn’t say anything in response as we met up with Ethan and Riley, who looked in a better shape then Nick and I. My stomach churned in a way that was very unpleasant, making me realize that the effects of the alcohol were starting to wear off. Nick helped me into the car and got in on his own side. Ethan took off a little too fast; my stomach did a flip and I almost lost it. I felt the color leave my face and I felt sick. The feeling went away, and I smirked, running my hand up Nick’s thigh. He smacked it away and gave me a stern look. I slightly cowered away and gave him a hurt face.

“I’m not in the mood, and not when you’re drunk.” He said, turning to look out the window.

I sighed and looked out my window, the blurry images making my head hurt, so I kept my gaze on my hands. When Ethan stopped the car, my stomach acted up again. I opened the door and Nick was there to help me out of the car. He had a worried expression on his face. We hurried into the house, and a good thing, too. I was about to lose everything on the carpet. We made it to the bathroom and I puked.

“I’m s-sorry, Nick-” I said before another round came up.

Nick held my hair back and rubbed my back. “Don’t talk, Ian.”

After about five more minutes of the same puking and heaving, nothing else was going to come up. My whole body started shaking as Nick pulled me away from the toilet and wiped my mouth and nose. He’s such a sweetheart. He pulled me into a relaxing hug.

“I’m a dumbass.” I said aloud, to Nick and myself. I am a dumbass. I allowed myself to get wasted and make out with my best friend, my taken best friend. It’s so gross and…well, okay it wasn’t gross, it was actually really hot, and he’s a really good kisser, but that’s not the point. Riley is my best friend, we shouldn’t and can’t make out.

“Yes you are.” Nick agreed.

I didn’t even realize there were tears falling down my cheeks until I leaned away from Nick and they ran down to my chin.

“You’re not gonna do that again, now are you?” Nick asked again.

I shook my head, a small smile cracking on my lips, knowing that he forgave me, at least for tonight. Tomorrow brings a whole different story.

“Do you wanna go lay down?” He asked.
I nodded and he helped me off the floor and into his bed. He cuddled close to me and I almost instantly passed out.

-----------

I woke up with a killer headache, which was made worse by the stream of sunlight pouring in through the crack of the shade. I groaned and turned over, expecting Nick to be there, but there was no one. I slowly opened my eyes and saw a vacant spot. I opened my eyes more, though it hurt to do so, and sat up.

At that moment, Nick came in with a glass of water and something in the other hand.

“Oh no, you lay back down.” Nick instructed, pushing me down.

“You were gone, so I wanted to know where you went.” I said groggily.

“I’m here now. Take these aspirin, they’ll help keep the headache away.” Nick handed me three aspirin and the glass of water, and I downed the aspirin, wishing the relief came sooner.

“God…I was so fuckin’ drunk last night…” I said, holding my head.

“I’d say.” He said, then getting slightly uncomfortable. “Do you remember what happened last night?”

“It couldn’t be clearer.” I said, now sitting up, regardless of what Nick had to say. “I heard what you said to Ethan before Riley and I came out of the bathroom.” He winced slightly at the mention. “Who was it, Nick? And why did you hide it from me?”

He looked down, sighing. “Kaedyn.”

“Is that why you two were sucking face again at the party last night?” I asked, my tone slightly harsh.

“He kissed me and came onto me, not the other way around. And the first time was because we were all playing spin the bottle.” Nick defended himself.

“Oh, so you lied to me about that, too? What were you really doing at Nathan’s house, Nick.” I asked, crossing my arms over my chest.

“We drank a little, and played spin the bottle, and I ended up making out with Kaedyn. That’s also how Riley and Ethan got together.” He said, sounded defeated.

I nodded, looking at him. He isn’t lying. He can never make direct eye contact with someone if he’s lying to them.

“Why did you hide it? Why was it so important that I didn’t know, since it was his fault and whatever.” I asked.

“Well when something like that happens, most people don’t like telling who they’re with, because then they’d think that they cheated on them and then they’d dump them. Not to mention that they would yell at them to no possible end about drinking.”

“Most people or just you?” Nick asked, smiling a little.

I looked at the bed sheets. “Just me…” I said quietly.

“I wouldn’t have dumped you because of that, Ian. That would just be stupid.” Nick said, hugging me briefly. “And what about you and Riley? What the hell happened with you two?”

I shook my head. “It was all alcohol induced, I swear to god. I would feel repulsed at myself if I ever did that sober.” I said, holding my hands up. “I’m really sorry that last night was a total disaster. I didn’t intend for anything like that to happen, and I’m sure you didn’t, either.”

“No, definitely not.” Nick sighed.

“I wonder how Ethan and Riley are holding out.” I said quietly.

“They went for a walk this morning before you woke up to talk things over.”

I nodded and fell onto my back, closing my eyes. I felt Nick crawl on top of me, making me open my eyes and smile. “What are you doing?”

“Getting comfy. Does this bother you in any way?” Nick asked, scooting so his face was level with mine.

I smiled and shook my head. “Nope, definitely not.”

“Good.” He leaned down and kissed me softly. I wrapped my arms around his waist so he wouldn’t go anywhere. “So, you wanna do anything today?”

I squeezed my arms tighter. “Nope, today we are going to lay around like lazy bums and get fat.”

Nick smiled and kissed me again. “Sounds like a plan.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I wanted to make Ian finding out about the kiss more violent and yelly, but I couldn't.
I dunno why, it just doesn't fit...

Woohoo for two updates in one day :D
<333333333

Oooooh, add on:
Hurr's what Jason looks like:
Jason