‹ Prequel: In Fate's Hands
Status: Completed :D/D:

What Are You Waiting For?

Chapter 39

“Ethan, just listen to me!” Riley said quietly, an attempt to keep Ian and I from waking up. I don’t know how well it worked with Ian, but I was wide awake and listening.

“No, why should I?” Ethan spat. “You took advantage of your best friend while he was drunk, you don’t find that wrong in any way?”

My mind froze. What? Riley took advantage of Ian?

“It’s not like you didn’t do that to me.” Riley argued.

“We weren’t together at the time, and I wasn’t planning on being with you at the time, either.”

“Yeah, and I wasn’t expecting Ian to kiss me.”

“Well you didn’t have to go along with it.” Ethan said stubbornly.

“And you didn’t have to undress Keegan.” Riley argued back, disgust in his voice at the mere mention of that day.

I heard movement and the door open, a second pair of footsteps following fast after the first. I heard the two of them continue to argue as the headed out the front door, closing it. After that door closed I could just imagine what could happen. I really hope they don’t split; I’ve gotten really close to Ethan, and closer to Riley, if that’s even possible, and to choose between the two would be really hard. Not to mention Riley and Ethan are perfect for each other and they’ve been so happy together. I’m sure that they wouldn’t know what to do with themselves if they broke up.

Ian stirred next to me, clinging to me tighter, breathing in deeply. I tried not to move; I didn’t want to wake him up. He hasn’t slept long enough for the effects of his hangover to dull at least a little. I also don’t want to ask him about last night, at all, because of what he did and because of what he must’ve heard Ethan and I talking about. I intended to keep that from him, but I guess it has to come out sooner or later, and I guess sooner came out on top.

I sighed and kissed his temple. I wanted to go after Ethan and Riley, but I know that moving that much would surely wake Ian up, and they probably need this time to themselves to sort everything out.

It bugs me that I’m not angrier at him about what he did last night. I mean, I should be making him sleep on the couch, not letting him cuddle into he while he sleeps, regardless of how cute he looks and how comfortable we both are. But who am I trying to fool, really? I could never do that to him. He was drunk, it’s his first time being drunk, I should give him a break, but what Ethan said about Riley taking advantage of Ian? I need to talk to him about that, because that is not okay.

I slid slowly out of bed, going to the kitchen and grabbing aspirin and water for Ian when he woke up. He’s going to need them.

I walked back into the room and Ian was sitting up, not looking good at all.

“Oh no, you lay back down.” I said, pushing him softly back down.

“You were gone, so I wanted to know where you went.” Ian said sleepily.

“I’m here now. Take these aspirin, they’ll help keep the headache away.” I advised, handing him the aspirin and glass of water. He downed the pills and water, then letting his head hit the pillow.

“God…I was so fuckin’ drunk last night…” He said, holding his hand to his head.

“I’d say.” I said, then looking away. “Do you remember what happened last night?”

“It couldn’t be clearer.” Ian said, sitting up. “I heard what you said to Ethan before Riley and I came out of the bathroom.”

I winced, knowing that he heard it.

“Who was it, Nick? And why did you hide it from me?”

I looked down, sighing. “Kaedyn.”

“Is that why you two were sucking face again at the party last night?” Ian asked, harshness in his tone.

“He kissed me and came onto me, not the other way around. And the first time was because we were all playing spin the bottle.” I said, sounding defensive, then cursed myself for slipping up again.

“Oh, so you lied to me about that, too? What were you really doing at Nathan’s house, Nick.” He asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

“We drank a little, and played spin the bottle, and I ended up making out with Kaedyn. That’s also how Riley and Ethan got together.” I said, seeing no use in hiding anything now.

Ian nodded, looking at me, studying my face. I kept my face steady, showing him that I wasn’t bullshitting him.

“Why did you hide it? Why was it so important that I didn’t know, since it was his fault and whatever.” He asked.

“Well when something like that happens, most people don’t like telling who they’re with, because then they’d think that they cheated on them and then they’d dump them. Not to mention that they would yell at them to no possible end about drinking.” Ian said quickly, his cheeks getting redder and redder as he spoke.

“Most people or just you?” I asked, smiling a little.

He looked at the bed sheets. “Just me…” He said quietly.

“I wouldn’t have dumped you because of that, Ian. That would just be stupid.” I said, giving him a quick hug. “And what about you and Riley? What the hell happened with you two?”

Ian shook his head. “It was all alcohol induced, I swear to god. I would feel repulsed at myself if I ever did that sober.” He said, holding his hands up. “I’m really sorry that last night was a total disaster. I didn’t intend for anything like that to happen, and I’m sure you didn’t, either.”

“No, definitely not.” I sighed.

“I wonder how Ethan and Riley are holding out.” Ian said quietly, probably to get our minds off of our issues.

I wanted to tell him what I heard them talking about before they left, but I don’t know if he really wants to hear that.

“They went for a walk this morning before you woke up to talk things over.” I decided on instead.

Ian nodded and fell onto the bed, closing his eyes. I crawled on top of Ian, making him smile and open his eyes. “What are you doing?”

“Getting comfy. Does this bother you in any way?” I asked, scooting so my face was level with his.

He smiled and shook his head. “Nope, definitely not.”

“Good.” I leaned down and kissed me softly. Ian wrapped his arms around my waist, basically trapping me there. “So, you wanna do anything today?”

He squeezed me tighter to him. “Nope, today we are going to lay around like lazy bums and get fat.”

I smiled and kissed him again. “Sounds like a plan.”

We both turned our heads toward the front door when we heard laughter, Riley and Ethan laughter.

“Shut up, Ethan!” Riley said through his laughter. I heard footsteps coming up the hallway, but they were stopped and followed by a little squeak. I looked out the door and saw Ethan holding Riley off the ground, carrying him by his stomach.

“Ethan, let me down!” Riley whined as he carried him into our room.

I wanted to laugh at them and think that it’s cute; it is cute, don’t get me wrong, but I’m still disgusted with Riley.

“Gooooooood, you guys need to shut the hell up!” Ian whined, throwing a pillow over his head.

Riley got out of Ethan’s arms, a huge smile on his lips. “Shhhhhh!” He said, pressing his finger to Ethan’s lips, both of them trying to hold in their laughter.

I shook my head, rolling my eyes at their goofiness. I have to say that I’m glad that they’ve made up and forgiven each other.

“Riley, can I talk to you out here?” I asked him.

He looked at me and nodded, turning back to kiss Ethan quickly, then following me out the door.

I closed it and turned to look at him. “So you took advantage of Ian last night?”

“What?” He asked, confused.

I crossed my arms over my chest. “Don’t bullshit me, Riley. I heard you and Ethan talking this morning. Why would you do that to him? He’s your best friend, and it was his first time getting drunk. And regardless of all of that, you shouldn’t do that in the first place.”

Riley looked at his feet. “I don’t know why I did it. I think we were just all tainted by the booze, and it made us all do stupid shit. I saw Chase all over Ethan, Kaedyn all over you, and then Ian came onto me. I know that if we were all sober, none of that would’ve happened. Ethan and I decided that we would just drop everything and pretend that it didn’t happen. I suggest you two do the same.”

“We pretty much have, I just wanted to clear things up with you.”
Riley nodded, then pulled me into a hug. “So we’re okay?”

I nodded, looking at him. “Lets go see what Ethan’s up to.”

Riley rolled his eyes and we went back into our room, where Ethan was sitting on top of Ian, hitting him with a pillow.

“Ethan, what are you doing?” I asked him, laughing.

“Whatever it looks like I’m doing.” He said, throwing the pillow on the ground and getting off of Ian, who groaned and looked dead beat. He sat up and fixed his hair, glaring at Ethan, who was smirking, wrapping his arm around Riley. “You wanna go to my house?”

Riley smirked at him. “That sounds good. See you guys later.”

We waved and they left. I crawled into bed with Ian and pet his hair. “I’m sorry, baby.”

“I guess that was just his way of getting back at me for making out with his boyfriend.” Ian said, rubbing his head, then draping his arm over my waist.

“Can I do anything to make you feel better?” I asked, drawing patterns on his waist.

He turned his head and smiled at me, pressing his lips to mine. I pulled him right up against me, loving the way his body fit perfectly with mine. We didn’t go any further, just laid there, kissing each other sweetly, not saying anything.
♠ ♠ ♠
:333
This stuff is just rolling off my fingers.
I love it.
And I love you <3333