‹ Prequel: In Fate's Hands
Status: Completed :D/D:

What Are You Waiting For?

Chapter 42

If I would’ve known Mom was being forced to be with Brian, I wouldn’t have acted so nasty towards her, and now I feel horrible for ever saying those things to her.

“What can I do to make it up to my mom?” I asked as we all walked into lunch the next day.

“Take her out to dinner? Flowers?” Riley offered.

“I dunno…” I trailed off, looking at the table.

“Just spend the night with her, do whatever she wants to do.” Nick offered, resting his head on my shoulder.

“How about we all spend the night with her, since we all treated her like crap yesterday.” Ethan offered.

“I like that.” I said, smiling. “Are you all good with that plan?”

The three of them nodded and agreed, making me smile. “Awesome.”

I looked around the lunch room, seeing some dirty looks being thrown my way and towards the rest of us.

“What the hell is that all about?” Ethan asked, confused.

“I don’t know, but I’m not gonna worry about it.” I said, turning back to my food. “I’m just gonna see it as jealousy and keep it at that.”

Nick wrapped his arm around my waist and squeezed it as I took a bite of my wrap, my face automatically shooting with a slight pain. I have a huge bruise on my nose from that bastard Brian. I hope I never have to see him again.

------------------------------

“Mom! We’re home!” I called out to her, wherever she is in the house.

“We’re?” She asked, coming down the hall with an empty laundry basket. “Oh, hi boys. What brings you all here?”

“We all decided that tonight is going to be all about you because of how crappy we treated you these past two days.” I said, an apologetic look on my face.

“Aww, sweetie, you don’t have to-”

“We want to, really.” Nick said, smiling at her.

She looked at all of us, smiling, tears lining her bottom eyelids. “You guys are too much.”

“So what do you want to do? We’re at your command.” Ethan asked, ignoring her selfless comments.

“Well, board games are always fun.” She said sheepishly, making it sound like she didn’t want to bore us.

“What game do you have in mind?” Riley asked.

“Monopoly?” She asked.

We all nodded. “Sure.”

She smiled, going to the closet and grabbing the box off of the top shelf, setting it on the coffee table. Nick and I sat on the couch and got the game set up while Ethan and Riley got some snacks and drinks ready. We all heard random squeaks and numerous shouts of, “Ethan, stop it!” come from the kitchen. The only thing I could do was laugh and shake my head; they’re so goofy.

They finally came in the living room with cheese popcorn and sodas, Riley’s hair looking slightly messy as he kept a playful glare on Ethan the whole time.

We started playing as single teams, but soon Nick and Riley started making deals to help each other out, so they became a team, and my mom and I merged into a team, leaving Ethan out as his own team.

“What? That is so not cool.” Ethan protested.

“You have like, half the bank, it’s plenty fair.” I said, sticking my tongue out at him.

He made a mocking face at me, turning back to his pile of properties and money, devising what he would do next while Nick rolled the dice.

----------------------------------------

“I doubted that at first, to be completely honest.” I told Nick after Mom headed off to bed and Riley took Ethan home.

“Why’s that?” He asked, playing with my hair as I rested my head on his chest. It’s so relaxing when he does that.

“I thought that you and I would split off and do something and Riley and Ethan would split off and do something else and leave my mom alone, but that didn’t happen, and I’m really happy for that.” I explained, looking up at Nick with a smile on my face.

“I wouldn’t have done that, Ian, that’s just rude, and I know how much doing that meant to you.” He said, smiling sweetly.

I turned over onto my stomach and crawled up to kiss him. “Thank you.”

He wrapped his arms around me and hugged me tightly to him. “I’m never going to leave you.”

That brought tears to my eyes, but I held them back, burying my face in his hair. “Good, because I don’t ever want you to leave me. I love you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
The end.
I think it sucks, to be honest with you.
But regardless of this crappy ending, I'm going to miss writing this and writing with these characters.
They've grown on me quite a bit.
BUT!
I have a new story planned out and ready to be written, so I'm pumped about that.
Thanks to everyone who subscribed, read, and commented!
It means so much to me.
I love you all <3333