Unitl I Break

Chapter 10: you're thanking the wrong guy...

Chapter 10

They got there and the tents were swamped, mainly because the Used boys had gotten up early to do a signing….who gets up early to sign autographs? It was more likely they had yet to sleep.

Once the group had finally weaseled their way to the tables, Seville was yanked over the table by Jack, and greeted by the Claire’s who in unison, “THANK GOD YOU’RE HERE!”

"neither of you believe's in god..." Gerard said cynically.

Claire merely stuck out her tongue.

As it were, it seemed that the rest of the merchandise slaves Seville would be rooming with were there for the Used, and they needed every spare hand.

It was insane. There were people all over, girls, literally crying to meet the straggly haired lead singer Bert, to whom, Seville could not deny being a fan of. She and Dustin had actually just been to a concert of theirs a few months back. But Quinn, Branden, and Jepha, especially Jepha had plenty of fans themselves. Apparently the My chem Boys were fans too, Seville noticed this when Gerard and Frank weaseled their way into the line of screaming girls.

When Gee got up to Bert, who was the first in the line of signings, Gee screamed like a girl, “OMG OMG OMG YOU’RE YOU’RE LIKE BERT MCCRACKEN!!! Hold me BERT!” and he wrapped his arms around him bringing is lips to Bert’s. Seville was taken a back, but watching them kiss was so HOTT!

As Gee pulled away Bert replied, “Gee baby, why do you gotta do this to me here, I’m so fucking hard now…Christ!” which of course sent everyone with in earshot into an uproar.

Frank decided to tackle Quinn’s wit; he strolled up to him and wrapped his arm around Quinn’s shoulders, “you know I gotta hotel room with your name on it….sweet thing.”

Turning Quinn four shades of red, he was totally embarrassed. MCR worked there way out of the line then went back to their tent to lounge until someone decided to buy something. In the mean time everyone else was busting ass to make sure there was enough merch out and ready and that the guys weren’t getting murdalized by crazed fans. By the time it was all said and done they were all exhausted.

Jack noticing that though Seville was still smiling she looked completely exhausted, “This your first time working warped isn’t it?” he said with a sly little half smile as he continued restocking CD’s.

“Am I that transparent?” she asked casually

“No tattoos, and what I’m assuming is your natural hair color, and the complete look of exhaustion after one signing tend to be a dead give away.”

“touché salesman.” She said friendly back taking a seat in one of the folding chairs they had set out in the tent. Jack turned to the cooler behind him and pulled out a can of rockstar energy drink, “your gonna need this.” He said as he tossed it to her. She got up and walked behind the tent were MCR now sat chatting away with the Used.

“Hey I meant to tell ya earlier, great show guys.” Addressing MCR, Seville said tilting her head back taking a long gulp of energy drink.

“Ya think?” Ray said with a sincere smile.

“Sometimes...but not often” she replied with a smile

Everyone laughed including the Used guys, except for Mikey who kinda stood there with a confused look on his face

“sometimes what? I don’t get it?” said Mikey

“nevermind Mikey, don’t worry about it..” Matt said to him

“Oh shit,” Frankie said pulling out a cigarette for himself and handing one to both Gerard and Bert, then offering one to Seville who politely shook her head no,

“Have you guys met Seville yet?” he asked the Used, who all shook their heads silently wondering Seville what?

“Right so, Seville this is Bert, Branden, Quinn, and Jepha; guys this is Seville.” Frank announced.

“Well hellooo Seville,” Bert said with a swagger, tilting his head down just so eyes were visible through his big sunglasses allowing him to raise his eyebrows at her.

“Hey Seville,” said head that popped through the tent. It was Claire

“Oh hey Claire, whatcha need?”

“Just wanted to see if you needed a ride…”

“hellooo Claire.” Bert interrupted, sauntering towards Claire, taking her hand and pulling him into her tightly

Taken aback but obviously pleased, “Umm hi..” Claire said shyly, then slowly pulling out of Bert’s grasp looking back to Seville.

“Do we need to get you two a fucking room?” Gerard said throwing his cigarette butt to the ground laughing, “Come on guys we should finish getting everything packed away, hey well see you later Bert.”

“Yeah see ya man,”

“Oh hey you guys playing kickball tonight?” Gerard said turning to Seville and Claire

The two exchanged glances, “Heck yes we’ll be there!”

“We should probably get going too, Bert” said an anxious looking Quinn. As Quinn, Jepha, and Branden turned to head back to there bus Bert, too, threw his cigarette butt to the ground, then exclaimed, “guess I’ll be seeing your fine asses later tonight see ya around …” before joining the rest of the band in their trek back toward the buses.

“OOOOOOOO I think somebody likes you Claire!!!” Seville said poking her in the sides friendly.

“Oh whatever Seville, he’s the lead singer of a punk band he just wants some action…”

“Yeah, from you!” Seville said laughing, “So um what were you saying before you went all weak in the knees?”

“I so did not go weak in the knees...” said a flustered Claire, she knew she liked him, she simple refused to let it get to her, she said it herself, "he could have anyone. “ I just wanted to see if you needed a ride to the stage, I have to head over that way in a few so I figured I’d save you the trek.”

“That’d be great,” Seville said as they headed toward the gator in which another girl on her cell phone sat waiting.

“Oh Seville this is Hannah, Hannah this is Seville.”

The girl Hannah, turned her head and smiled kindly at Seville who had clamored onto truck bed of the gator, never breaking the stride of her conversation. She was definitely involved in some fierce negotiations. Seville looked towards Claire who was in the drivers seat with a face that said, “Who the heck is she talking to?”

“Hannah here is an A&R …and a damn good one at that,” Hannah turned again smiling though her conversation was quickly becoming heated. As they drove off toward the main stage Claire explained that Hannah had worked promotions for john during warped for a while then managed to get herself in at eyeball as and A&R last year, and apparently was doing a great job of it.

They dropped Seville off and sped off to where ever they had need to be. Seville was met by an anxious Dustin who had apparently been concerned for her life.

“WHERE THE FUCK WERE YOU VILLE? ARE YOU OKAY? I haven’t seen you all day I was getting worried.” Dustin shouted running up to her and locking her in a bear hug. The rest of the band was occupying themselves watching the band presently on the stage finish their set.

“Whoa there mother hen, chill out, take a valium, go lay an egg or something,” Seville said trying to hide her laughter as she pulled out of Dustin’s death grip.

“I was working, John needed some extra help, so I helped…what have you kids been up too?”
“Nothin really, Candace went and got a new tattoo. Oh shit! I wasn’t supposed to tell you she wanted to show you,” he said in an annoyed tone.

“Here she comes…” Seville said with a devilish look.

“don’t tell her I told you,” he murmured as Candace walked over to him.

“Let me see your new tattoo bitch!” Seville said jokingly to Candace who instantly glared at Dustin threateningly,

“DUSTIN!” she said whinily making a pouty face.

“Oh come on it wasn’t his fault,” Seville said preventing Candace from leaping onto Dustin, “beside you said we’d go together next time!”

“I know but just couldn’t resist…there like nine different places less than a block away! I promise we’ll go together next time….”

“Yeah yeah yeah show me what you got!” She had gotten an addition to the sleeve she’d been working on, this one was of a girl who was crying tears of blood, but the coolest part was that the tattoo artist had made her eyes reflect the image of a spilled pill bottle… it was fricken intense.
Seville oogled over the tattoo a little, they finished chatting and began to prep things for the show. It went great though they thought that Dustin might have been having an anxiety attack. Not because he was nervous, he’d done this hundreds of times, he was too busy worrying about Seville, who was just fine and more excited than anything. Dustin however had asked her ooo about several hundred times before they went on “ARE YOU OKAy? CAN YOU HANDLE THIS?” finally Chris just dragged Dustin on stage.

Seville thought it was funny as all hell, it was a bit annoying but that’s why they were such great friends, they had each others’ backs, and no matter what they would always be there for each other.

Seville had never been so exhausted in her life, but it felt good. It felt good to know that what she did mattered. In the grand scheme of things one might say that guitar teching was hardly making a difference, but to the band and their fans, whether they acknowledged her existence or not, it mattered. It felt good to be around people, something shed been avoiding for the past month.

After the show the band retreated to the confines of the bus, only so that Aaron and Mike could finish their game of halo, however for Seville it was back to the trenches. Though she was pleasantly surprised when she got back to the merch tables that things had finally calmed down; Claire was back, she and Gina again involved in some excited conversation about nothing, well this time they were discussing boondoggles and other string/plastic crafts made in their youth, while Jack sat off to the side chatting with four of the five my Chem boys, Gerard, Mikey, Frank and Ray. Over in the used tent area Seville could see Hannah pacing. This girl was intense, how sweet it would be to have her job, getting paid to give people their chance in the limelight. Towards the back was Moli who seemed to be engrossed in taking inventory as she slowly checked things off her clipboard list. Seeing as Seville doubted she had any chance catching up with the conversation Claire and Gina were involved in she settled for a chair beside Jack.

“How ya feelin kiddo?” Jack said giving her a friendly rub on the shoulders as she flopped down beside him. Seville kinda chilled for a bit, listening to them talk. They were discussing comic books, though Seville didn’t know a whole lot about them, it was interesting just to listen, especially because they were all drinking and fairly buzzed.

“O hey, thanks for helping us out Seville,” Gerard said changing the subject
“Hey no problem, just glad to help,”

“What you got another job now?” Jack said curiously.

“Yeha what can I say I’m the shit.” Seville let out coolly.

“And I thought you were weak, Hell you’re exhausted because your doing the job of three people…Hey Claire get the girl a drink will ya,” Jack shouted, taring Claire from her conversation with Gina. But Claire must not have minded for she grabbed Seville a beer from the cooler, one for herself as well, and she and Gina, whom had also grabbed a drink, joined the circle of conversation.

“Welcome to the world of Warped!” Claire said handing the cold drink to Seville.

Soon they were all chatting away, mainly about acquaintance stuff and music. After about an hour things started to pick up again and they were all back to work, the day was almost over; now they had to deal with the kids who had waited till the last minute to get anything. They were so busy even Hannah was forced off the phone, event the my chem. Boys were selling. They finally were able to close down and pack up for the day around 9 …if everyday was like this….it would be Kick ASS!